Stars 2019 Training Camp and Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I’m neutral on Honkagate. I think there’s more to him than was shown and he needed more of a leash (and the three coaches but is bullsh because he was only 20 when Ruff got fired), but you’ve gotta show more and earn your spot. Tough situation but this kind of thing happens to every team. He’s the kind of guy that’ll get traded to Ottawa or some other no name team for nothing and blossom.

Also re: McCurdy- he had a good point in this tweet-

The issue is that in a game of inches like hockey those two mistakes can cost you points.

Oh the one where he responded to me.

I don't even think Honka ever defended that great and just f***ed up too much . He was ordinary defensively and f***ed up alot . He showed glimpses of nice offense ability and since it never resulted in many points it was useless . He also played butter soft minutes since the coaches didn't trust him.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I attended today’s practice. As a NCAA fan I’m following closely Anthony Nellis. Underrated shot. The guy roofed it on Khudobin during the drills. Neat shot.

Reactions: Kcb12345

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Hintz-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Pavelski-Gurianov
Janmark-Dickinson-Noessen
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau
Robertson-Dowling-Kiviranta
Mascherin-L'Esperance-Caamano

I think this gives some not so surprising insight as to the initial thinking. Obviously giving Noessen a chance early on his PTO.

Would bet none of the bottom 2 lines above will make the team, other than Kiviranta will slot in when Noessen fails to make a big impression.

Overall, I like it, but do wonder if combining Hintz and Guri would make for one terrifying line, although I understand the spreade it around philosophy.

Robertson might have been higher, replacing Janmark, had he been impressive in TC. Why no Ty D?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Its the first day of camp so of course all the experienced guys and guys with familiarity with each other are slotted together.

Dellandrea was with Tufte and Felhaber by the way.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I thought Upshall was given a PTO

He was . He played on a line with Melnyk and someone rotating in. Doesn't look like there's any faith by the coaching staff he has a real shot to make it and with good reason.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Hintz-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Pavelski-Gurianov
Janmark-Dickinson-Noessen
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau
Robertson-Dowling-Kiviranta
Mascherin-L'Esperance-Caamano

I think this gives some not so surprising insight as to the initial thinking. Obviously giving Noessen a chance early on his PTO.

Would bet none of the bottom 2 lines above will make the team, other than Kiviranta will slot in when Noessen fails to make a big impression.

Overall, I like it, but do wonder if combining Hintz and Guri would make for one terrifying line, although I understand the spreade it around philosophy.

Robertson might have been higher, replacing Janmark, had he been impressive in TC. Why no Ty D?
if the coaching staff is using that meaningless tournament to slot the lineup they probably shouldn't be coaching in the NHL.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Not a great first day but nothing too bad either.

As the start to training camp neared not hearing anything on Johns ended up turning out to be what a lot already figured.

Honka asking for a trade isn’t anything at all; I’m surprised he didn’t ask last season.

Perry missing two/three weeks isn’t anything to worry about either; others will get more time/opportunity to show us what they’ve got.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Player for player swap huh....I assume another dman but idk

Carolina did draft his brother so that's probably why they want him but honestly feels like they're loaded on D so I assume one would be coming back

Anyone know how Haydn Fleury is performing in Carolina? Or maybe we can give up some more and get Faulk. Maybe they want Janmark too (hopefully!)

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’d be all for Janmark + Honka + pick for Faulk or something like that.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hell toss in a meh prospect (maybe L’Esperance). Carolina only has 43/50 contracts.

Reactions: Satan
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Only problem with getting Faulk is that it sounds like he's going to want an extension with an NMC which means Seattle gets a pretty good forward, but after winning at least one Cup in the next two years, we're probably OK with losing Rads or Pavs for their final contract year. :D

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd be perfectly willing to trade for Faulk and let him leave as UFA if its just for Honka+ and that + isn't that much. I doubt we can afford to keep long-term . Sounds too pricey.

Reactions: LatvianTwist
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I'd be perfectly willing to trade for Faulk and let him leave as UFA if its just for Honka+ and that + isn't that much. I doubt we can afford to keep long-term . Sounds too pricey.

That's the problem, he is reportedly using his NTC to block trades that don't include an extension because he only wants to move his family one more time for his final contract. The trade with the Ducks supposedly fell through because they couldn't agree on an extension.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That's the problem, he is reportedly using his NTC to block trades that don't include an extension because he only wants to move his family one more time for his final contract. The trade with the Ducks supposedly fell through because they couldn't agree on an extension.

Yeah but what if the Stars aren't on his no trade list ? He has a 15 team list where the Canes can trade him to without him beeing able to nix it . Anaheim aparently was among the teams where he could block it. If the Stars aren't nothing he could do about that.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Yeah but what if the Stars aren't on his no trade list ? He has a 15 team list where the Canes can trade him to without him beeing able to nix it . Anaheim aparently was among the teams where he could block it. If the Stars aren't nothing he could do about that.

That's true, just depends on if he structured his list to block any possible trades by only listing teams that don't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad