Stars’ Off-season Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Wild that some of these guys haven’t signed yet. I’d love Gardiner on a one year prove it deal. Him not getting a contract July 1st is really a head scratcher.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Gardiner's probably waiting for some term. We definitely shouldn't give him that.

Hutton on a 1-year deal would be intriguing, though. But I think we're set on defense.

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns/Sekera
Oleksiak - Polak
Fedun

Maybe if both Johns and Sekera are looking extra brittle in training camp and early in the season. That assumes these guys are still available 2 months from now, which seems highly unlikely.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Brassard also just signed today. 1.2M, 1 year, with the Isles.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Good deal on the preseason, which I like just to see the kids we have debated all summer. More likely they will play in away games. Can't believe how close 9/17 is getting.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Good deal on the preseason, which I like just to see the kids we have debated all summer. More likely they will play in away games. Can't believe how close 9/17 is getting.

Last year none of the kids played at all. Dellandrea got 1 game, Robertson 0 games, Mascherin 0 games, Caamano 0 games if my memory serves correct.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Last year none of the kids played at all. Dellandrea got 1 game, Robertson 0 games, Mascherin 0 games, Caamano 0 games if my memory serves correct.

Robertson got 1 game too. Played in the preseason opener I went too but didn't play much I will say that.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Point got a game as well, but the team doesn't see a need to give youngsters more games when they know they aren't making the NHL lineup. Better to spend those games on separating out the bubble players and giving vets a tune-up instead.

Edit: I forgot, Heiskanen was a kid and he got several games, so it's possible if they earn it! :thumbu:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Wild that some of these guys haven’t signed yet. I’d love Gardiner on a one year prove it deal. Him not getting a contract July 1st is really a head scratcher.

Boyle has a 4th line centre would be amazing if he’s willing to take a one year cheap deal. Doubt he’d take 0.950M though, maybe we could sign him after Hanzal goes on LTIR?

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Gurianov - Hintz - Pavelski
Dickinson - Faksa - Perry
Cogliano - Boyle - Comeau
Scratch: Janmark

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Can't believe I didn't realize this until I seen a thread on the main boards. Stephane Robidas' son was drafted 2nd overall in the QMJHL draft and is eligible to be selected in the 2021 NHL draft.

Feel old yet?

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
Can't believe I didn't realize this until I seen a thread on the main boards. Stephane Robidas' son was drafted 2nd overall in the QMJHL draft and is eligible to be selected in the 2021 NHL draft.

Feel old yet?

Get off my lawn! Robidas always felt like one of those guys who'd eat the puck if he had to but also at the same time he shouldn't be in the top pairing. Perhaps the son has inherited all the good parts and adds more skill to the mix. Speaking of old Guerin as a gm doesn't make one feel any younger.

Reactions: Henderson33

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Get off my lawn! Robidas always felt like one of those guys who'd eat the puck if he had to but also at the same time he shouldn't be in the top pairing. Perhaps the son has inherited all the good parts and adds more skill to the mix. Speaking of old Guerin as a gm doesn't make one feel any younger.

Yeah Robidas seemed to play up in lineups because he was just an absolute warrior.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

Don't recall the details last year, and may not have gone to many games. I hope that it was because he was a first year coach and they were so bad the year before. Feels like the talk is a few youngsters might make a splash, including DG and TD, maybe a D man, who knows.

Most years, the early games feature many more prospects, at least from memory, before getting closer to the final roster in the final game. No real sense in getting guys like Benn and Seguin too involved due to potential injury, so they usually play only home games, and maybe not even those.

Actually, just looked at my half STH season ticket package, and don't see any pre-season games in it. When I was splitting a full season, it included all the pre-season games as well, figured I would be stuck buying 1-2 on the half season, so maybe I won't go. Not going to pay extra.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Yeah I don’t hate it at all. Dowling doesn’t really do anything for me on the 4th line, Dellandrea could be less ready than we think he is, and JLE is kind of a wild card. Might as well see if he has anything.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Blues fan here in peace!

Looks like you guys might be bringing in Scotty Upshall on a PTO.

Is this true?

If so, then I’m glad he’s getting another shot with a great club.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m interested to see what he’s got after taking a full year off as an older player. I’ve always liked him though so if he does well let’s bring him in.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I’m interested to see what he’s got after taking a full year off as an older player. I’ve always liked him though so if he does well let’s bring him in.
Definitely getting old, but he’s a spark plug who takes stupid penalties at times.

In reality, though, your lineup is pretty stacked, so I doubt he makes it unless, God forbid, the injury hits in training camp and preseason.

Ok Stars fans! I’m out. Have a great season. The Central should be as brutal as ever.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad