Stars’ Off-season Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Every Ontario boy wants to come home that’s just a fact of life. Don’t pay attention to these legally binding 8 year contracts.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Was letting my mind wander at Mutts today and thought of this top six-

Hintz-Seguin-Dickinson
Benn-Pavelski-Radulov

A burner of a 1A line, and a physical 1B line that gets dirty areas and is gonna be a thorn in the opponents side every shift. Could also do Hintz-Segs-Rads and Benn-Pavelski-Perry to let Dickinson be the primary producer on the 3rd line. I just like the idea of switching the pace on the opponent.

I dunno. Only a few more days of rosterbating till real hockey starts guys. Almost there.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Seguin’s legs weren’t nearly as good last year. Not sure he’d fit very well anymore on a “burner” line.

I also feel like Pavs was brought in as a winger. The 2C role is Hintz’s to lose and I’d be surprised if he can’t keep it.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Seguin’s legs weren’t nearly as good last year. Not sure he’d fit very well anymore on a “burner” line.

I also feel like Pavs was brought in as a winger. The 2C role is Hintz’s to lose and I’d be surprised if he can’t keep it.

It is his role to lose, but I also am trying to temper my expectations of him a bit. Think he’s gonna be good, but there’s a bit too much stock put into his hot streak at the end of the year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It is his role to lose, but I also am trying to temper my expectations of him a bit. Think he’s gonna be good, but there’s a bit too much stock put into his hot streak at the end of the year.

Oh I agree. I’ll be happy with 45 points.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Was letting my mind wander at Mutts today and thought of this top six-

Hintz-Seguin-Dickinson
Benn-Pavelski-Radulov

A burner of a 1A line, and a physical 1B line that gets dirty areas and is gonna be a thorn in the opponents side every shift. Could also do Hintz-Segs-Rads and Benn-Pavelski-Perry to let Dickinson be the primary producer on the 3rd line. I just like the idea of switching the pace on the opponent.

I dunno. Only a few more days of rosterbating till real hockey starts guys. Almost there.

I like your second options better. I don't think both Dickinson and Hintz should both be on the first line with Seguin. His point totals would plummet.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
From what I’ve heard Pavelski isn’t much of a centre anymore he’s a right winger who is strong on faceoffs. I’m not ruling anything out because you never know who’s going to click, but my top five is looking like this;

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
XXX - Hintz - Pavelski

To me the real story of training camp is who will take that top six left wing spot. I think it’s a battle between Dickinson, Gurianov, and an outside shot for Robertson though he’ll likely spend the year in the AHL.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think we would all love the top six to be as per just above, with either Guri (whose speed would match Hintz if he actually produces goals) or as a fallback, JD. And, I think most of us would prefer Robertson really shine and make the team as well. JD and JR on the third line would add some young pop to the scoring sheet.

Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
In terms of top six lines I think there is really only two locks.

Seguin at 1C is locked. Hintz at 2C is locked. Everything else can be moved around and will be moved around throughout the season. Benn can work with Seguin or Hintz. Radulov can work with Seguin or Hintz. Dickinson can work with Seguin or Hintz.

I assume Pavelski can work with Seguin or Hintz. I also assume Perry could work with Seguin or Hintz. Toss in Robertson or Gurianov with a nice pre-season and you have two more options.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Benn - Seguin - Pavelski
Gurianov/Robertson - Hintz - Radulov
Janmark - Dickinson - Perry
Cogliano - Faksa - Comeau
Dowling

With L'Esperance and Gurianov/Robertson as the primary call-ups (center vs. winger needed).

The first line is proven scorers who should be fine as a group. Not super fast, though, which isn't ideal, but that's what we've got to work with.

I like the idea of Radulov with the young players. He does a whole lot of dirty work and can allow them to focus on offense and positioning. He's also probably the most likely option to keep up with Hintz and/or Gurianov.

Bottom 6 is fairly standard. Wouldn't mind seeing Robertson there to provide some potential offense and allow him to be a bit more sheltered, maybe focus on adjusting to NHL speeds and honing the details of his game.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
Johns needs to retire. he missed a whole season due to concussion issues. If he gets his bell rung he could be f***ed up for life

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Latvian Twist,

I just wonder if they would knock down Faksa's minutes to 4th line. Yes, I know it's only a number, but based on last year's performance, the low 4 would be Janmark, Cogs, Comeau, with Perry the obvious wild card.

I guess we will have to let Johns decide if he will pull an Andrew Luck. Some people seem to be saying that it will influence a lot more players to retire early if they have serious injuries, especially head injuries.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We’re at the point where we have two third (or fourth?) lines IMO.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Monty would be smart to allocate the minutes based on need. If we are down on the score sheet play the Dicky line more and if we are up on the score sheet play the Faksa line.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Would be nice for him to list players. I know Benn, Comeau, Pavelski have been in town a while. Gurianov and Robertson are there from his article a few days ago. Seguin should be coming in any day as Biosteel camp is done.

Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad