Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It isn't just this. She made transphobic comments on social media, was ridiculed for them by Pedro Pascal, who just came out with a story about his trans sister, was anti-masker, supported Qanon, election fraud conspiracies. Disney/Lucasfilm were already *this* close to firing her before this.

I will NEVER understand people asking others to be tolerant of the blatantly intorelants.

Gino Carano outed herself as a delusional conspiracy therorist (to put it mildly) and paid the price for it. She supported lies and hate. She implicitely, at the very least, supported an insurrection. Her being fired is not merely about "people do not like her opinion *derp* *derp*" it is about not accepting the spread of blatant lies and hate speech.

Her saying she is persecuted for her opinions is just the cherry on top. She clearly does not understand the difference between the freedom of speech (she won't go to prison for her bad opinions unless she crosses a crimial threshold like incitation to violence) and freedom of consequence (which does not exist and this is why her employer, a PRIVATE COMPANY, can fire her for casting a bad light on them).

So, in a nutshell, good riddance.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Gina Carano's post that ultimately got her fired was the social media equivalent of the "I was murdered" guy on Reno 911.

Also if Paul Joseph Watson is on your side, it is time to re-evaluate your position.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think that that's unfair. She's not comparing her situation to genocide. She's comparing it to intolerance, specifically turning Germans against the Jews. A person should be able to reference that without others taking the comparison further than was intended, IMO. Obviously, when people are compared to Nazis, they aren't being accused of genocide or nation conquering, but only certain aspects of Nazis. We tend to give them that benefit of the doubt when we agree with them and none when we don't.

In general, I think that it's silly that people get so offended by comparisons and twist them to political advantage instead of trying to understand the points that are trying to be made. It's as if it's a game instead of a debate. I think that that's what Gina was getting at because she was apparently speaking out against the political divide in the country and how much people hate one another for having different views. I share her concern for that, though I think that the way that she expressed it undermined it and rubbed some people the wrong way.

She alone is responsible for her words and the ironic twist of scolding people for not understanding history, when she can’t make the connection between things she has defended and how the Nazis came to power.

Some self-awareness and history lessons would serve her well before she tries to foolishly lecture others.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
She sounds like a complete idiot, but I'm not sure it warranted her being fired. I actually agree with some of the sentiments about being divided, but her views on masks and the 'censored' history...yikes.

All I'm going to say is- anyone who bashes people for wearing a mask to protect themselves, their family, and their community is a detriment to society, so I feel no sorrow when karma smacks them in the face.

Sep 19, 2008
Am I the only one who finds the series rather overrated? I mean I'm a diehard Star Wars fan but this series is just very slow and very methodical.

I drudged through the first season and went through 1 episode of season 2 before taking a break. This was a few weeks ago. I just don't see the appeal. The writing style just isn't for me. Every episode someone gives Mando a quest which he does successfully over the span of 30 or 40 minutes. Then he goes to another planet and does another quest. "Mando we need your help! Do this! HELP THESE PEOPLE!" *40 minutes pass by* "THANK YOU MANDO YOU SAVED OUR VILLAGE" Mando heads off to another planet "MANDO WE NEED YOUR HELP" :laugh:

It's just lazy writing imo

I mean I'm trying to effort through this season to see Luke but this series is just so dry it could take forever until I see the big cameo :|

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Am I the only one who finds the series rather overrated? I mean I'm a diehard Star Wars fan but this series is just very slow and very methodical.

I drudged through the first season and went through 1 episode of season 2 before taking a break. This was a few weeks ago. I just don't see the appeal. The writing style just isn't for me. Every episode someone gives Mando a quest which he does successfully over the span of 30 or 40 minutes. Then he goes to another planet and does another quest. "Mando we need your help! Do this! HELP THESE PEOPLE!" *40 minutes pass by* "THANK YOU MANDO YOU SAVED OUR VILLAGE" Mando heads off to another planet "MANDO WE NEED YOUR HELP" :laugh:

It's just lazy writing imo

I mean I'm trying to effort through this season to see Luke but this series is just so dry it could take forever until I see the big cameo :|

I'm not a die-hard Star Wars and I've liked it a lot so far. It's not perfect, some episodes feel like filler and your complaint about the formulaic nature of so many of the episodes is valid. But I've enjoyed it more than any other Star Wars movies/shows since the original trilogy.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm not a die-hard Star Wars and I've liked it a lot so far. It's not perfect, some episodes feel like filler and your complaint about the formulaic nature of so many of the episodes is valid. But I've enjoyed it more than any other Star Wars movies/shows since the original trilogy.
I found TLJ and RoS better than this

this is just boring filler. Compare this to Cobra Kai which I wolfed down in 4 days.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I found TLJ and RoS better than this

this is just boring filler. Compare this to Cobra Kai which I wolfed down in 4 days.

Fair enough, I like TLJ more than most, but acknowledge that it just does not gel with TFA at all and made pulling off a cohesive trilogy almost impossible. I couldn't stand RoS, it gave me a headache.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
A lot of people who feel persecuted (don't laugh) eventually compare themselves to the Jews in Germany or the Christians in Ancient Rome. It doesn't mean that they're suggesting that they'll be gassed or fed to the lions. It's just a familiar example to make a point. People take such comparisons too seriously, especially when it's convenient, IMO. If it's a bad example, it should be pointed out, but it feels like people in today's culture deliberately interpret them in the most extreme way in order to justify being outraged and call for an apology or cancellation.

I used to live in an old building that had a Jewish population of 295 before the war and 0 after it, the modern-day bus line coincidentally leading directly to the killing fields. It's easy to make memes of something abstract but I can tell that when even the smallest traces of it enter your life it becomes incredibly heavy and the notion of taking it "too seriously" completely absurd.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The thing that I'll never really understand from some, why be so outspoken and public about things you know your industry is clearly not on your side on. Even on just regular run of the mill conservative stuff, just keep your head down and don't be too outspoken, and it won't be a big deal. Take Nick Bosa for example, he got drafted to San Francisco, so while I doubt his political views changed, he's been wise to not engage on that stuff and stay focused on football. Or someone in Entertainment like Chris Pratt, he'll have plenty of people out there that don't like him for his views, but he doesn't flaunt them and give people reason to fire him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Gina Carano's post that ultimately got her fired was the social media equivalent of the "I was murdered" guy on Reno 911.

Also if Paul Joseph Watson is on your side, it is time to re-evaluate your position.
I.e.

upload_2021-2-11_7-51-53.jpeg

Sep 19, 2008
What an idiot.

Also I don't know someone could possibly like RoS better than Mando, that movie was absolute garbage.
Because Mando is too slow paced compared to ros

Mandolorian is highly regarded but is literally the Mando saving settlements rinsed and repeated

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Because Mando is too slow paced compared to ros

Mandolorian is highly regarded but is literally the Mando saving settlements rinsed and repeated
It is definitely slower pace, but anything is slower pace than ROS it was nonsensical garbage that just jumped from plot point to plot point with no time for any emotion to build. It was as fast pace as a movie can possibly be lol.

But hey, some people are into all action so if that's your thing you do you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad