Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That's an argument I could buy, but let's be realistic here there was no coherent plan to accomplish any of this through first two movies and it really only happened when JJ Abrams decided to bring Palpatine back on a whim for the last movie. That's what it accomplishes in the end but it's about the shittiest way you could do it.

Also remember that when Disney bought Star Wars they had a much more aggressive plan for releasing movies, making it a bit more like the MCU with the idea being an annual release alternating between official 'episode' titles with a fillers like Rogue One/Solo/Kenobi/etc etc. I am extremely doubtful that they came into this with the Force Awakens planning to 'end' the Skywalker saga so they could move on.

I disagree, I think that was always the intention. The ST being a continuation of the OT was considered the smart way to bring Star Wars back into the public eye after a decade out of it, but I think Disney always wanted to ultimately move on. The rumors about the bigger trilogies that were supposed to follow the ST were always about something else, not about continuing on with the PT/OT framework.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I disagree, I think that was always the intention. The ST being a continuation of the OT was considered the smart way to bring Star Wars back into the public eye after a decade out of it, but I think Disney always wanted to ultimately move on. The rumors about the bigger trilogies that were supposed to follow the ST were always about something else, not about continuing on with the PT/OT framework.

I don't think it's considered so smart anymore.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
So how about baby Yoda? Pretty cute, amirite?

As cute as your attempt to change the subject.

Anyone else think that the rumors about Pedro Pascal are because he's just envious that "baby Yoda" is the real star of the show?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Absolutely not when it involves Grace Randolph.

That suggests to me that it's personal and you don't like her or Doomcock because of the nature of the rumors that they share. It seems to me that it bothers you that they report on problems and tensions behind the scenes of your favorite franchises and you deal with not wanting to believe it by dismissing them at every opportunity. When a source is wrong half of the time, though, the normal, rational reaction is not to dismiss everything that he or she says as "not reliable," but to take everything with a grain of salt. Around here, most of us take the rumors from Grace and Doomcock with a grain of salt, but even discussing them (or joking about them) with that in mind can't seem to be done without you chiming in to dismiss them, anyways. It feels like you do it either to discourage people from discussing the rumors at all or just to convince yourself that they can't be true. Let people discuss rumors without being bothered by them, and if anyone ever gets carried away and treats them as facts, then might be a good time to point out that the sources are often wrong, IMO.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That suggests to me that it's personal and you don't like her or Doomcock because of the nature of the rumors that they share.

Doomcock is not reliable at all. Grace does have some sources but anything Star Wars related, she's off. She said season 2 of The Mandalorian would be delayed too. And yes, with her it's personal because she spoiled Spider-Man FFH end credits scenes for me not just with her thumbnails but simply posting the videos a day before the European release. This after telling everyone not to spoil Endgame because it was released here a day earlier. I will have my revenge someday...

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Doomcock is not reliable at all. Grace does have some sources but anything Star Wars related, she's off. She said season 2 of The Mandalorian would be delayed too. And yes, with her it's personal because she spoiled Spider-Man FFH end credits scenes for me not just with her thumbnails but simply posting the videos a day before the European release. This after telling everyone not to spoil Endgame because it was released here a day earlier. I will have my revenge someday...

I just googled "Grace Randolph Mandalorian delay" and the only results that I got were of her saying over a month ago that the trailer for Season 2 was delayed. It looks like you're holding something against her that she never said and you may not be very reliable when it comes to reporting on Grace Randolph ;).

Don't you also think that it's a bit funny that you're holding it against her for you going on YouTube and looking at her videos about Spider-Man the day before it was released in Europe? You can't stay off of YouTube for one day and that's somehow her fault :laugh:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I just googled "Grace Randolph Mandalorian delay" and the only results that I got were of her saying over a month ago that the trailer for Season 2 was delayed. It looks like you're holding something against her that she never said and you may not be very reliable when it comes to reporting on Grace Randolph ;).

Don't you also think that it's a bit funny that you're holding it against her for you going on YouTube and looking at her videos about Spider-Man the day before it was released in Europe? You can't stay off of YouTube for one day and that's somehow her fault :laugh:.

First off, I was looking for something else and Youtube algorithm just recomended it the video to me. Second, I was not expecting that kind of hypocrisy from her then.

I try to do my nest to steer away from her videos these days but she tends to "hide" some bits on her videos. I'm not going to look for the exact video but she says at the beginning of this:

At the superherohype.com forums it was mentioned about her talking about a delay of the season but is may have been about the trailer. And John Campea completely quashed this Pedro Pascal rumor on his show.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I secretly want baby Yoda to get the darksaber and do some Yoda flips while slicing stormtroopers up. Disney would be fully redeemed.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I secretly want baby Yoda to get the darksaber and do some Yoda flips while slicing stormtroopers up. Disney would be fully redeemed.

Disney will only do that if they can somehow finagle the story to say he was able to do that because Rey showed him how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad