Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ok

Where are we going with Grogu and the larger Star Wars lore?

How does he not end up with Luke?

Does he end up with Mando, Ezra, and Ahsoka exploring the Unknown Regions?

Given that S1 was ongoing while RoS premiered, I was completely expecting a tie in with Grogu which we clearly didn't get.

I just don't understand how they're going to tie this together.

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
Ok

Given that S1 was ongoing while RoS premiered, I was completely expecting a tie in with Grogu which we clearly didn't get.

There are 25 years that is separating the beginning of the Mandalorian to the beginning of The Force Awakens. I'm sure they will be able to tie it in.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Ok

Hopefully they aren't tying anything in with that dumpster fire that is the sequel trilogy.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Ok

Why do you need to understand how they tie it together before they tie it together?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
There are 25 years that is separating the beginning of the Mandalorian to the beginning of The Force Awakens. I'm sure they will be able to tie it in.

I'm sure they will, but I just find it really hard to see how theyre going to keep Grogu away from the principle lore.

For Grogu not to cross paths with Luke it must mean he's leaving the known galaxy.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
They can easily modify the events of Heir to the Empire to fit the new canon... they would have to recast Luke, Leia and Han though which I am not sure we are ready to do...

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
They can easily modify the events of Heir to the Empire to fit the new canon... they would have to recast Luke, Leia and Han though which I am not sure we are ready to do...

My life would be complete with the original Thrawn trilogy becoming canon.

Reactions: Richard

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So the kid’s name is Cosmo.........

By the way when Ahsoka loses one lightsaber, notice how she holds the other one, exactly like in the animated series

Her mannerisms in general were pretty spot on. And her voice didn't feel as off as I thought it might (I'm just so used to Ashley Eckstein being Ahsoka). The only nitpick I'd have about her look is that her headtails were longer in Rebels, but overall I think they did a really good job bringing Ahsoka into live action.

Also, I liked the subtle Tombstone reference with Michael Biehn's character saying he has no quarrel with Mando, but then ends up dueling him anyway. I know I'm not the only one who thought "I'll be your Huckleberry" when they faced off.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Loved the way they brought Ahsoka to live action. My only "gripe" and it's very minor is the voice being different but RD was a great choice for this. I can definitely get behind this version of Ahsoka. Honestly, they had a very steep uphill battle with this and the result is great IMO.

It would be awesome if they somehow formed a group of Ahsoka, Mando, Baby Yoda(grogu), Ezra, Cara Dune, Greef Karga, Sabine, a rebuilt IG-11 and just went out to the unknown regions going up against Thrawn... and forgetting about the awful recent movies with Rey and whomever. I just hope they don't tie this in with Rey or any characters in the disney movies. Please just let this go. It didn't work, it was awful, not star wars.

But yeah, Ahsoka looking for Thrawn definitely gives me some hope that there can be some good star wars content in the future.

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
Who should play Grand Admiral Thrawn? I saw this concept of Cumberbatch playing him.

f8883af2b810560fa3bd57590ed2e6e4.jpg

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I thought that was the worst episode of the series so far. I get that they brought back a character that people liked and they referenced another to come in Thrawn, but everything else was bad.

The episode looked cheap compared to how great the production usually is. The villains and the villagers were terribly written/acted.

It felt like an episode where they just needed to move the plot forward a bit and dump some info on the viewers. And that's all well and good I suppose, but as a self-contained episode it was unenjoyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osprey

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Her mannerisms in general were pretty spot on. And her voice didn't feel as off as I thought it might (I'm just so used to Ashley Eckstein being Ahsoka). The only nitpick I'd have about her look is that her headtails were longer in Rebels, but overall I think they did a really good job bringing Ahsoka into live action.

Also, I liked the subtle Tombstone reference with Michael Biehn's character saying he has no quarrel with Mando, but then ends up dueling him anyway. I know I'm not the only one who thought "I'll be your Huckleberry" when they faced off.
Yea the mannerisms and also her personality, that was spot on

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
how hadn't given the child a name. There was something fun about not having one. The cynic in me wonders if Disney insisted for merchandise reasons.
I'm pretty sure they were doing fine with merchandise without giving him a name.

They had to give him a name eventually. Multiple seasons of "The Child" was going to wear out sooner or later.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

My fights not with you Mando.

Reactions: TheAngryHank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad