Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This version Battlefront 2 (not the early 2000's version) is a prime example of how NOT to make a sequel to an extremely popular and successful first game. If you're in the gaming industry, you'll see why DICE almost lost their Star Wars video game licensing. It wasn't the pay stuff, it was the fact that they took all the awesome stuff from the first game and didn't put it into the second game.
Huh? The only thing that isn't as good are the smaller modes, but all that did on the previous game was split the player base.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Campaign is the single-player, but besides getting the rewards, it's not really worth it. I'd start in co-op, it's a 4 man match against AI, you'll be placed with randos, so no need to worry if you don't have friends to play with. It counts as online for progress, but it's a good training ground since you aren't going against vets who have been playing since launch.

So I can just ignore the customization stuff for now?

Reactions: bleedblue1223

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
So I can just ignore the customization stuff for now?

Equip/unlock it as you get it. For the four classes you get star cards you can unlock/upgrade with points you get from leveling up each level. Then you also unlock new guns as you get enough kills with the guns. I believe it’s then 25/75/150 kills with that gun to unlock the three attachments for each gun.

For heroes and reinforcements, it’s the same way but you can’t upgrade guns or lightsabers. You just get the points for each level up to use on unlocking and upgrading cards. Play around with the cards until you find what you like. Think about the level you’re on and game mode you’re playing to maximize them. Tbh the cards are nice but aren’t what makes a player good.

Co-op is great to level up but if you want to actually get good, I’d mix some Heroes Vs. Villains in. It’s very frustrating at first, but it gets better as you start to understand every hero’s playstyle. Playing them all helps this a lot too. Until you’re good enough to try and take multiple players at a time by yourself, stick with your team. Especially if you’re a shooter.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Huh? The only thing that isn't as good are the smaller modes, but all that did on the previous game was split the player base.

They screwed up the awesomness of the big maps. Not only did you have to work towards a main objective but there were so many smaller battles that made the objective so much more fun to play. The new big (BF2) maps are too linear, boring and while graphically beautiful they were poorly constructed.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The points you get when you play in a game. So every time you get a kill you get 100 battle points and a certain number for kill assists and playing the objective. Earn enough battle points to use one of the reinforcements or one of the heroes.

Yep, and like Bleedblue said, officer has always had an advantage here. So much easier when you can start off with like 500 points and grab 25-50 points for free every 25 seconds or so.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone still playing?

I've noticed co-op is a bit tougher than I remember. I enjoy getting a buzz and playing co-op. It's a good time. Just mindless fun.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Man, Supremacy is unplayable now. So damn glitchy. Also, DO NOT USE BOBA FETT ON HOTH. One of the worst experiences Ive had while playing this game. So, so glitchy.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I was either really stoned lost night, or they added new maps. One of which gave the rebels an AT-ST, which was a great move because it levels the playing field. I dont see anything online about EA updating the game, though, so Im ultra confused.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I was either really stoned lost night, or they added new maps. One of which gave the rebels an AT-ST, which was a great move because it levels the playing field. I dont see anything online about EA updating the game, though, so Im ultra confused.

They stopped updating the game a while back. They moved on to release an awful Battlefield 2042. This game is dead/dying unfortunately.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
They stopped updating the game a while back. They moved on to release an awful Battlefield 2042. This game is dead/dying unfortunately.
I swear on the hockey gods I played a map in supremacy Ive never played before, and the rebels had a dirty/battered AT-ST to use, which Ive never seen before. Ive been playing a lot the past month or so.

This is on PS4. The game is a lot less populated, but Im usually able to find full games in Supremacy and Galatic Assault, though sometimes it gets pretty laggy.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Bumped because Star Wars Battlefront is coming back with 64 player lobbies too.

In a world of br's and small 6v6 tdm's this is huge

PC, PS5, and Xbox.
Now bring back SOCOM!

Honest, awesome news. Loved that game. BFII (newer one) is actually pretty active on PS5. Im wondering if this game will be popular.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I played the Battlefront II campaign a couple of months ago and it looked way better than anything in those videos. This seems more like a de-master! :sarcasm:

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I played the Battlefront II campaign a couple of months ago and it looked way better than anything in those videos. This seems more like a de-master! :sarcasm:
Its a common misconception that its a remaster when its not its a re release.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I think it is a remaster?

Remaster = same game but updated to modern settings (HD resolution like 4K, 60 FPS when possible, sometimes new features like new control schemes).

Remake = rebuilt from the ground up with new graphics and audio and whatnot.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Remaster = same game but updated to modern settings (HD resolution like 4K, 60 FPS when possible, sometimes new features like new control schemes).

Looks like some slightly updated textures, but it may just be a port of the PC version thats been around for years. In which case I wouldnt consider it a remaster. The only thing I'm concerned about on PC is that it looks like the OG PC version is being replaced by this collection.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021

I havent seen any of the sorts that any of this will be in the classic collection. It also doesnt look like theyve updated the graphics the slightest.

I also feel like if it was a remaster they would be advertising it as such when they arent. Only thing theyre advertising for the game is that some heroes, villians and maps that were previously in the games are in this one at release.

Dunno maybe were talking semantics right now.

Sep 19, 2008
The only sad thing is there's no crossplay but I'm hoping to log on Thursday morning and see packed 64/64 servers

Besides, I can't see anyone playing Battlefront II the EA version. Logged on a few days ago and all the servers were empty.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was just making a joke because this thread is for the 2017 game, not the 2005 one in that collection.

It seems to me that you're right that this is more of a re-release, since it's mostly just bringing the features from the old PC version to consoles. To console players, it may seem like a remaster, though, so it may be a matter of perspective (as well as semantics).

Reactions: Sad People

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad