Online Series: Star Trek: Picard season 3

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
DS9 needed the adventure to come to them since they were a space station. The war, brought something we had not seen on TNG Or voyager since they were alone.

But it did show a dark side to the federation with the introduction of section 31. Which they used in the rebooted movies.

They needed section 31 to end the war as distasteful as their methods were to the star fleet ideals. But when hundreds of ships have been lost along with all of the lives, they went with it.

Not sure anyone knows what to really do with star fleet moving forward.

It wasn’t just Section 31 doing dark and distasteful things.

Reactions: Jussi

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Maybe Star Trek as a franchise has just run its course.

Feels like there isn't much they can do with it these days that's actually interesting.

As I said above, after this incident, humans are no longer the primary species/majority in Starfleet. Another planet/race/etc. or multiple who age faster or were unaffected by this Borg thing takes over and there's a shift in ideal, values, and even HQ to a different planet.

The "hero" could be a human and they could be dealing with this tension along with a modified view of Starfleet's Vision and Values. That could make for some interesting TV and follow up or fulfill what Voyager was supposed to do with two crews lost far from home on one ship. After like halfway through season one the whole Federation and Maquis was basically dropped other than the occasional reference.

Another idea is to just shift the show 30, 50, 75 years later and by this time, it's the Enterprise-H or I. That's a clean slate similar to what TNG did in 1987. You could even have one of the La Forge daughters as an Admiral or Shaw's nephew, etc.

It's kind of ridiculous that this fleet of ships can not detect enemies in the vicinity but oh well.
The whole "entire fleet together" is pretty stupid. From a strategic point of view, you always have ships or fleets in other areas in case there's a massive attack.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
FWIW I would be happy never to see the Borg again after this, but honestly I don’t know how you tell a Picard story without them unless you’re telling one that ignores his past. The same was true of Q.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As I said above, after this incident, humans are no longer the primary species/majority in Starfleet. Another planet/race/etc. or multiple who age faster or were unaffected by this Borg thing takes over and there's a shift in ideal, values, and even HQ to a different planet.

The "hero" could be a human and they could be dealing with this tension along with a modified view of Starfleet's Vision and Values. That could make for some interesting TV and follow up or fulfill what Voyager was supposed to do with two crews lost far from home on one ship. After like halfway through season one the whole Federation and Maquis was basically dropped other than the occasional reference.

Another idea is to just shift the show 30, 50, 75 years later and by this time, it's the Enterprise-H or I. That's a clean slate similar to what TNG did in 1987. You could even have one of the La Forge daughters as an Admiral or Shaw's nephew, etc.

The whole "entire fleet together" is pretty stupid. From a strategic point of view, you always have ships or fleets in other areas in case there's a massive attack.
Doubtful it’s non humans unless it’s an ever slit variation like Vulcan or Bjoran due to makeup time.

But I don’t know if paramount has enough faith or willing to put the budget in for a real legit live action series that isn’t one prolonged episode. Go back to a 20 episode season where most of the episodes are stand alone stories.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This is why I don't hold DS9 in the esteem that others do. That's the show that knocked the Federation/Starfleet off of its upbeat and hopeful pedestal. The gray areas it explored and the fact the people loved it so much for doing exactly that is what set us up for the more gloomy future we've seen in Picard. Yes, DS9 had optimism and positivity, but the ground became much shakier.

It's a society fighting for its soul after a war that became challenging to its own set of morals. Which, frankly, is what's been going on in the United States for the last 2 decades. Discovery prior to the time jump is a similar story. Discovery after the time jump is also about a struggle to re-find positive societal ideals, it's just not about a post-war situation.
Yeah, it's ironic that Discovery is now the show with the most positive outlook. But having said that, as you pointed out, real life has shown us in recent years that the status quo can change very quickly in the world. In short, all it takes is one Putin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tawnos

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Doubtful it’s non humans unless it’s an ever slit variation like Vulcan or Bjoran due to makeup time.

But I don’t know if paramount has enough faith or willing to put the budget in for a real legit live action series that isn’t one prolonged episode. Go back to a 20 episode season where most of the episodes are stand alone stories.

The Federation is comprised of thousands of planets, races, species.

They can always make a new one who has been a member for a long time or use someone like the Andorians who weren't affected by this Borg DNA thing. The Deltans haven't really been around much on camera in decades. Trill.

There's a zillion things they can do that are new. But they won't because new stuff is hard to write and nostalgia is needed.

It doesn't have to be 20+ episodes, they can go back to like 12-15 similar to Strange New Worlds (I like the idea of this show I just don't like so much retcon).

With the choices Terry Trek had made I hope we at least get a really good space battle between the D and F next week, and the former gets a proper Ross Class refit and is put back into service.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
It is pretty stupid. No way the entire fleet would ever reunite in a single location just for a holiday.
Some ships would be on peace keeping missions or on deep space exploration or a multitude of other reasons which would keep them away.
This franchise has been dumbed down so much, it's a shame.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It is pretty stupid. No way the entire fleet would ever reunite in a single location just for a holiday.
Some ships would be on peace keeping missions or on deep space exploration or a multitude of other reasons which would keep them away.
This franchise has been dumbed down so much, it's a shame.
Changeling infiltration was hinted as the driving reason for that.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Changeling infiltration was hinted as the driving reason for that.
The entire fleet would never meet up in a single place no matter the threat and I gave reasons why.
Even during the Dominion War, which was a huge threat to the very existence of the Federation, The flagship of the fleet (hint: the Enterprise) never participated in any of the battles.

Reactions: Guardian17

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The entire fleet would never meet up in a single place no matter the threat and I gave reasons why.
Even during the Dominion War, which was a huge threat to the very existence of the Federation, The flagship of the fleet (hint: the Enterprise) never participated in any of the battles.

Jussi wasn’t saying that the threat is what brought them to a single place. Rather that it was the changelings making the decision for them all to be there.

But I think there are other ships besides the Titan out there. Just not that many of them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jussi wasn’t saying that the threat is what brought them to a single place. Rather that it was the changelings making the decision for them all to be there.

But I think there are other ships besides the Titan out there. Just not that many of them.
I don’t expect every single of say their 3,000 ship fleet ( whatever that number is) is there for Frontier day. Still need some to patrol the boarders and not leave any system unprotected just in case. It can take days to travel from different points in the alpha quadrant and federation space.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
There have to be other ships not part of Frontier Day and not every Admiral is a Changeling.

There are Admirals like Janeway, Nechayev, Ross, and our buddy Jelico who would question the entire fleet being together. Jelico would probably punch the Changeling Admiral in the face and demand new orders.

It's too much of a "Yeah, but....." argument and a missed opportunity. I highly doubt Ronny Cox makes a cameo this week but can you imagine the applause and reaction if Jelico led a counter fleet and helped revert the Borg Zombies back to normal/made amends with Riker?

I'm not saying it's something I'd 100% do, it's more of a "we went down this wacky road let's try and at least make it interesting".

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There have to be other ships not part of Frontier Day and not every Admiral is a Changeling.

There are Admirals like Janeway, Nechayev, Ross, and our buddy Jelico who would question the entire fleet being together. Jelico would probably punch the Changeling Admiral in the face and demand new orders.

It's too much of a "Yeah, but....." argument and a missed opportunity. I highly doubt Ronny Cox makes a cameo this week but can you imagine the applause and reaction if Jelico led a counter fleet and helped revert the Borg Zombies back to normal/made amends with Riker?

I'm not saying it's something I'd 100% do, it's more of a "we went down this wacky road let's try and at least make it interesting".
There are enough changlings infiltrating the admiral ranks and holding key positions to have the federation sync up all of their starships. So much potential danger of having every single ship synced together. Lose the entire fleet if compromised.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Emergency Transmission.png

Borg Transmitter Ship.png

Borg Queen.png

Earth Spacedock.png

U.S.S. Enterprise N.C.C. - 1701 - D firing phasers.png

U.S.S. Enterprise N.C.C. - 1701 - D firing torpedoes.png

Borg Transmitter Ship explosion.png

Jack.png

Tuvok.png

Fleet Museum.png

U.S.S. Enterprise N.C.C. - 1701 - G.png

U.S.S. Enterprise N.C.C. - 1701 - G Bridge.png

Q.png

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Despite the terrible unevenness of this season and the crap of the previous two seasons, the emotional payoff of this episode was worth it. Damn nearly teared up. :cry:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Could someone fill me in on the time gap between the enterprise D, E, F?

D was lost in generations movie. Thus went well before her time.

E lasted 3 movies thus a few years in time and then after Nemesis, Picard was still captain for 6 more years. Before stepping down. So at least a dozen years for the E until whatever Worf did to it per S3E9 of Picard. So, sounds like the E was lost as well.

We see the F in Ep 9. No clue how old this ship is.

What was the noted time difference in years between Nemesis to the Picard seasons?

Trying to figure out how long ships should remain in service. As the Titan was the one Riker got but it was later retro-fitted. I figure it's around 20-25 years for most ships to remain in service as new technology would require older ships to be decommissioned.

First Contact came out in 1996 of it's 27 years from then to Picard Season 3. If E lasted at least 12 years for Picard as Captain, that doesn't seem like a long time for the F to be around. Was the time gap from Nemesis to Picard longer than the 20 years of our time?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad