Online Series: Star Trek: Discovery - III - Spock's Beard

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Well we can add World Class poker playing, motivational speaking, boxing corner person to Michael's extremely large resume.

The show would work much better if Discovery was run with a one person crew of Michael. She can do everything and everyone around her doesn't matter.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
how slow of a death is this show suffering? a new episode came out and now one posted about it

the borg

It's one of the most pirated tv shows. It was also number one or in the top 5 when it was on Netflix over here. I, personally forget when it returned. It definitely isn't dying.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
st1.jpg

st2.jpg

st3.jpg

st4.jpg

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
slow death

Last week's episode had over 5K seeders when it came out on Thursday at one of the most popular tv/movie torrent sites that isn't PirateBay. That is around the Peacemake figures. Also 4 times as much as what the DC CW shows are getting.

Plus it's already been renewed for season 5.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Last week's episode had over 5K seeders when it came out on Thursday at one of the most popular tv/movie torrent sites that isn't PirateBay. That is around the Peacemake figures. Also 4 times as much as what the DC CW shows are getting.

Plus it's already been renewed for season 5.

CW comes with most satellite and cable packages and is free to stream, so it makes sense that few people are pirating CW shows. STD is only on Paramount+, a paid streaming service which few people have, so it's no surprise that that show is being pirated a lot. I wouldn't use that as a measure of success or even popularity. People generally pirate things when they don't care enough to pay for and support them.

Historically, Paramount's stock price has roughly mirrored the success of Star Trek. For example, it peaked around 2000, then went down until it hit rock bottom in early 2009, then skyrocketed until it peaked again in 2016. Since STD's premiere in September 2017, though, the stock has lost over half of its value (and lost it before COVID hit). That doesn't look like much of a success, but STD is one of the few series that Paramount has to promote their streaming service with, so it's no surprise that it keeps getting renewed, anyways.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
CW comes with most satellite and cable packages and is free to stream, so it makes sense that few people are pirating CW shows. STD is only on Paramount+, a paid streaming service which few people have, so it's no surprise that that show is being pirated a lot. I wouldn't use that as a measure of success or even popularity. People generally pirate things when they don't care enough to pay for and support them.

As I've said before, when it was on Netflix over here, it was frequently in the top-5, if not at the top, when new episodes were being released. I've seen people say the same fro mother European countries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad