Online Series: Star Trek: Discovery - III - Spock's Beard

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Maybe I misunderstood the title. :laugh::sarcasm:

dsc-nycc18-01-428x640.jpg

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There is going to be another twist this season where this turns out to be mirror Spock of course. :sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There is going to be another twist this season where this turns out to be mirror Spock of course. :sarcasm:

The big twist turns out to be that what we've thought was the main universe was the mirror universe all along and what we thought was the mirror universe was another, like double mirror universe.

Also Captain Pike is actually Q. But not that Q. The other one. The one played by Corbin Bernsen.

Reactions: Blender

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
As I said in the previous thread, the "red angel" looks a bit like an Iconian from STO. Based on Youtube comments, I'm not the only one to have gotten that impression.

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
That just looks dumb, it looks like a person in clumsy cosplay makeup.

What worked in TNG and DS9 for alien races is that they did the less is more. But they always tended to leave the mouth and lower jaw alone, that allowed the actors to actually be able to look like they were talking and they could act through the makeup. The problem with discovery makeup especially with the klingons was that they use of makeup and prosthetic was so heavy and clumsy that the actors couldn't act through it, so instead you were pulled to the instant realization that it was a dude or chick in rubber makeup. They might as well have bought some cheap masks with eye holes and non moving mouths from a costume shop.

When I look at that makeup I don't see a Klingon, I see a ton of makeup on a person.

Reactions: Blender

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I'm just glad they have their hair again. However it is quite evident they're half assing it. That hair looks like a super models. Klingon women are not meant to look like models, they're meant to look like someone who could squeeze you to death with their thighs while in the sack.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm just glad they have their hair again. However it is quite evident they're half assing it. That hair looks like a super models. Klingon women are not meant to look like models, they're meant to look like someone who could squeeze you to death with their thighs while in the sack.

Hard to get in the sack with a race that sounds like they've all just had major dental surgery and still have the gauze in their mouths. Klingon pick-up lines must be terrible.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

You hit on it. The hair is all wrong for a Klingon. It looks like an off-the-shelf wig meant for a human female who takes care of her hair and uses a curling iron. A Klingon female would not use a curling iron or even brush her hair. It would be a little wild, like a cavewoman's. How can people who supposedly know Trek mess up by first giving Klingons no hair and then, in trying to correct that mistake, giving them hair that's 100% wrong?

Hard to get in the sack with a race that sounds like they've all just had major dental surgery and still have the gauze in their mouths. Klingon pick-up lines must be terrible.

Ash Tyler didn't have any problems getting a Klingon female in the sack. Oh, man, now I have that sex scene in my head again. Thanks a lot.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
She looks like Miss Piggy.

Does look more Klingon overall though, I'll give them credit for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad