Online Series: Star Trek: Discovery - III - Spock's Beard

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The season finale was essentially a 1 1/2 hour version of this scene from Star Wars:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That was hilariously bad. Ordinarily, I might make a list, but I don't know where to start and it would take too long. I'm just glad that it's over.
I think you or someone else predicted this earlier in the season, but Burnham did end up being credited for making Spock the character he becomes in TOS...

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
We are getting a Pike show definitely now though. There’s no way they ended it like that without a Pike show coming up.

Also, Rebecca Romijn's contribution ended up being negligible. Her taking the role would make more sense if it was suggested to her that it might lead to a spin-off series that she would co-star in.

I think you or someone else predicted this earlier in the season, but Burnham did end up being credited for making Spock the character he becomes in TOS...

It might've been me, but, honestly, I think that we all suspected that, much like we all feared that Burnham would end up being the Red Angel (and, for a time, it looked like that wasn't quite accurate, but nope, it really was the case in the end). Unlike a show like Westworld, where it's highly satisfying to figure things out ahead of time, this show is so predictable that it just doesn't feel like an accomplishment to correctly guess how it'll unfold.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It might've been me, but, honestly, I think that we all suspected that, much like we all feared that Burnham would end up being the Red Angel (and, for a time, it looked like that wasn't quite accurate, but nope, it really was in the end). Unlike a show like Westworld, where it's highly satisfying to figure things out ahead of time, this show is so predictable that it just doesn't feel like an accomplishment to be proud of.
Burnham finally became a Marvel superhero in the finale. They have always written the story like that and have drifted towards it off and on all season, but they finally embraced it in the finale, complete with her own power suit.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Also, Rebecca Romijn's contribution ended up being negligible. Her taking the role would make more sense if it was suggested to her that it might lead to a spin-off series that she would co-star in.

I know all the news out there is denying a spin off series, but I just can't see it NOT happening. They spent the last 10 minutes of the episode focusing on Spock, Pike and the Enterprise crew. They spent millions of dollars building an expensive Enterprise bridge set. The credits music was basically TOS mixed with Discovery music.

It's going to happen; they're just keeping it quiet right now because they want the focus to be on Discovery.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pretty entertaining season finale. Some unnecessary drama or dialog that retconned Spock's future behavior way too much, meaning the fairwell with him and Burnham. At least they managed to tie into canon the absence of Discovery, the spore drive and I assume later on, Section 31. So good job on the people for covering the mess the original/previous writers came up with.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I know all the news out there is denying a spin off series, but I just can't see it NOT happening. They spent the last 10 minutes of the episode focusing on Spock, Pike and the Enterprise crew. They spent millions of dollars building an expensive Enterprise bridge set. The credits music was basically TOS mixed with Discovery music.

It's going to happen; they're just keeping it quiet right now because they want the focus to be on Discovery.

It's not. Anson Mount is going to be busy doing something else (just my hunch that he's going to be Reed Richards when MCU does a proper F4). It also took 8 months to shoot 14 episodes. He's be open to one but it would require creative conversations: Anson Mount Open To Pike Show, But Returning To Star Trek Would Require “Creative Conversations”

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Anson Mount has already lead a show through 5 seasons, and absolutely carried Star Trek: Discovery season 2, so no reason he couldn't lead and carry a Star Trek series.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Anson Mount has already lead a show through 5 seasons, and absolutely carried Star Trek: Discovery season 2, so no reason he couldn't lead and carry a Star Trek series.

Agreed. Just pay the man what he wants.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well he clearly says it isn't a money issue but rather a creative one.

I'm not referring to the article with the money thing. Give the man what he wants for salary and then you can discuss "creative" concerns later.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Several of us said it because it was outright told to us by the Discovery production staff as part of the reason we should "enjoy" Spock being on the show this season. Because we'd all want to see Burnham's Space-Jesus-ness mold him into the franchise icon he would become.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Several of us said it because it was outright told to us by the Discovery production staff as part of the reason we should "enjoy" Spock being on the show this season. Because we'd all want to see Burnham's Space-Jesus-ness mold him into the franchise icon he would become.

That's right, but I think that the producers said just the first part, that we'd see how Spock came to be the Spock that we know. We still had to predict the second part, that Burnham would be personally responsible for it... not that that took any great skills, because of course Burnham is at the center of everything.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think that the producers said just the first part, that we'd see how Spock came to be the Spock that we know, and we assumed the second part, that Burnham would be personally responsible for it. Of course, we were right, because Burnham is at the center of everything.

Nope, they outright said this would be Burnham's doing. The relevant post was by Ducks In a Row

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Nope, they outright said this would be Burnham's doing. The relevant post was by Ducks In a Row
giphy.gif

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

D'oh! It's as useless to try to win an argument with you as it is with Burnham. Like her, you're always right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad