Staples Twitter: Staple's Latest Q&A 3/20/19

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
The only winger I really want to bring in is Panarin since he's a game breaker. Rather have Duchene here. Anyone can say he's a coach killer or anything like that but look at the organization's he's played for. He hasn't had a great run of stability there.

Plus you have guys like Bellows and Wahlstrom coming. These guys are shooters. Yea I get Bellows didn't have the best year production wise in the AHL but I'm still high on him. From what I saw in the pre season and in some AHL games he does have a future here. Wahlstrom does too, the numbers do not reflect it. The guy took 121 shots in 36 games(3.3 shots per game about). He does that in the NHL that's about 270 for the year. No way that guy shoots at a 6.6% clip next year. He's too good.

We should pass on Duchene, sure he is skilled, but he isn't worth the hassle with the production and the $ he will want will be a somewhat of a cap liability especially if he signs long term here.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
We should pass on Duchene, sure he is skilled, but he isn't worth the hassle with the production and the $ he will want will be a somewhat of a cap liability especially if he signs long term here.
We have oodles of capspace though, and a desperate need for scoring and #2C

Reactions: Macch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad