Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Finals (Blues are the Champions)

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This may be the worst I've ever seen a team play in a game 7 and win.

Yep, feels weird for the better team to be down 0-4. Binnington deserves the MVP if only for this game. To be honest though, despite dictating the play most of the game, the Bruins made too many major gaffes and aside from maybe the 2nd goal, Rask hasn't had much of a chance on the goals.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Congrats to the Blues, they played a great defensive game & took advantage of their chances offensively. They have a big, strong, tough & skilled defence & a goalie who came up big when he had too. Good for them.

Reactions: Spektre

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm really frugal so the thing that would bother me most about not winning the cup would be losing the chance at a free t-shirt.

Reactions: Beville

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
When I don't care about either team I always root for the home side to win the Cup...it just feels off watching a bunch of players scream and yell and celebrate in an arena that's as quiet as a morgue.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Gary Bettman, sometime in the near future...

"Congratulations to Eugene Melnyk, Pierre Dorion, Conn Smythe winner Cody Ceci and the resilient fans in the nation's capital. Captain Mark Borowiecki - come get the the Cup!".

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
When I don't care about either team I always root for the home side to win the Cup...it just feels off watching a bunch of players scream and yell and celebrate in an arena that's as quiet as a morgue.
Yeah its just not right watching them celebrate in the opponents building. Oh well.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Gary Bettman, sometime in the near future...

"Congratulations to Eugene Melnyk, Pierre Dorion, Conn Smythe winner Cody Ceci and the resilient fans in the nation's capital. Captain Mark Borowiecki - come get the the Cup!".
Classy Boro hands it first to Ceci and Ceci goes for a skate!

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Not necessarily in this final series but overall, in the playoffs whenever the refs seem to "let them play" the team that plays on the edge gains an advantage over the more skilled team.

I had no real favorite for the finals. Maybe leaned a bit towards wanting Chara to win but at the same time it's good to see the Blues finally get one. It's been a long time waiting.

Congratulations Blues' fans!:hockey::clap:

Reactions: Spektre and bert

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I admit that I got choked up when Binnington raised the cup. For a guy to come out of nowhere and give this kind of steady-eddy performance is extremely rare, and I loved the loud cheers even in the Boston arena.

Reactions: Spektre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad