Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Finals (Blues are the Champions)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Am i ever going to see my favorite team win a stanley cup?

I now have two favorite teams, so my chances of seeing my team win the stanley cup is higher than it was before right? right? RIGHT????????????????????????????????

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
8c3HQjg_d.jpg

Shouldn’t have much of a problem changing the 5 to a 9.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Disappointing final game, hats off to Binny though, he was a machine. If any of those million early chances of Boston's went in we'd be singing a different tune today, but at the end of the day it's not a big deal to me either way

Reactions: Cosmix

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Watches whole series;

3.07 GAA, a 901SV% as well?

Sure, great goalie who if he wins will be most successful rookie goalie but he’s not playing to par this round. Blues have lost 5-1 and 7-2 this series; that’s not good (and yes, I know not all his fault)

This aged well ;)

Reactions: bert and Beville

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Watches whole series;

3.07 GAA, a 901SV% as well?

Sure, great goalie who if he wins will be most successful rookie goalie but he’s not playing to par this round. Blues have lost 5-1 and 7-2 this series; that’s not good (and yes, I know not all his fault)
This aged well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This aged well ;)
Didnt see that one haha. But ya said poster watchs a couple games and makes a decision on the player. Before he came up he had over a .920 save % over his last 50 pro games.

He tracks a puck as good as anyone doesnt waste movement, always square to the shooter. Has ice in his veins and the ability to break out of his style to make a big save. Going to be a star for a long time.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He'll probably/should win the Conn Smythe...
ORielly and Pietrangelo before Binnington. After watching the entire blues run its hard for me to think of a better d man in the NHL than Pietrangelo. The guy is simply unreal, plays with an incredible quiet confidence, he reminds me of a young Lidstrom stylystically. Effort less skater, amazing stick, jumps into the play at the right time without sacrificing defense. Great first pass and at getting his shot through. I personally thought playing 26 minutes a game plus 6 and 19 points as a d man he should have won it. But O'Rielly sure was amazing especially in the final. He outplayed Bergeron, not many players can say that over 7 games.

Last edited:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s also funny Buffalo owned St Louis’ 1st round pick this year. It went from being a potential 1st overall to 31st in a pretty short time.

I hadn't thought about that! Talk about more salt in the wound for a bad trade - the Sabres ended up getting very little for a guy who then had a renaissance and won the Conn Smythe trophy. Ouch...

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
ORielly and Pietrangelo before Binnington. After watching the entire blues run its hard for me to think of a better d man in the NHL than Pietrangelo. The guy is simply unreal, plays with an incredible quiet confidence, he reminds me of a young Lidstrom stylystically. Effort less skater, amazing stick, jumps into the play at the right time without sacrificing defense. Great first pass and at getting his shot through. I personally thought playing 26 minutes a game plus 6 and 19 points as a d man he should have won it. But O'Rielly sure was amazing especially in the final. He outplayed Bergeron, not many players can say that over 7 games.

After this playoff, Pietrangelo will probably, finally, get more recognize has a great dman. He is overshadowed because he isn't flashy.

He's simply a complete dman. I always loved him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
After this playoff, Pietrangelo will probably, finally, get more recognize has a great dman. He is overshadowed because he isn't flashy.

He's simply a complete dman. I always loved him.

I am sure he is very well respected around the league.

Reactions: Beville

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Was cheering for the Bruins but they came up short. Happy to see the Blues win. Maybe the Leafs should have kept Bozak and spent some of the Tavares doe on their D and had the funds to sign Marner and a couple of the other young forwards that could be casaualties.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Agreed.
The blues have:
- two very good faceoff guys in ROR & Bozak which helped them win possession throughout the playoffs including against the best faceoff guy in the NHl for the last number of yrs. ROR may have taken that mantel now.
- four big, strong, tough skilled defencemen who can all skate & push the pace, they can clear the front of their net & contribute offensively, it's a hard combo to beat.
- a number of big hitters at forward & they continued to punish Boston's defence especially there smaller defencemen (Krug, McAvoy & Clifton) to force turnovers.
- great consistent goaltending throughout the playoffs & the ability to come up big in big games. Full marks to them & their coach who coached great since he was hired.

The Bruins offence dried up at the worse possible time in game 7 & Binnington played great.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Back sometime around late November/early December before the Sens acquired Nilsson, and when Binnington was still in the AHL, I made a post on here suggesting that the Sens try to snag him and give him a shot. Some team should hire me :sarcasm:

Wasn't it Allen you wanted?

I would take Allen over Condon (obviously) but he is a serious downgrade from Anderson. One of the most inconsistent goalies in the league.
Deku, Dec 5, 2018

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Was cheering for the Bruins but they came up short. Happy to see the Blues win. Maybe the Leafs should have kept Bozak and spent some of the Tavares doe on their D and had the funds to sign Marner and a couple of the other young forwards that could be casaualties.

all true....but ah you know lucky for us they didn't

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad