Series Talk: Stanley Cup Final VGK (West) vs Capitals (East)

Who wins the Stanley Cup, in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Turk doesn’t change lines after wins. I don’t imagine we’ll see anything different.

We regards to the ice: Game 1 was the first crappy ice game we’ve had this season. I’d imagine it’s more about leaving doors open or having people in the arena for longer than it is needing new machinery. Find out the difference between game 1 and the fifty plus other games this season and address that, I don’t think it was just the weather.

I heard a new theory on NHLNetwork that explained the poor ice conditions in Game 1: The Stanley Cup logo on the ice didn't set correctly. :huh: Didn't know about that one.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Are teams limited to sanctioning one official watch party per game?

Would be pretty cool if they would let UNLV host one at the Thomas and Mack and charge a small admission fee to go to the Rebel Athletic Fund. Would be a neat community partnership.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Would be pretty cool if they would let UNLV host one at the Thomas and Mack and charge a small admission fee to go to the Rebel Athletic Fund. Would be a neat community partnership.
I think they got rid of that regulation.

When they had an issue with Tampa, they were essentially doing what the Knights have done outside T-MA for every game so far.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Isn't that Steve Wynn behind him? Reason for the funny mug? :laugh:
What's also funny is that there is no way Wynn can see what is happening- he's legally blind. It appears Taffer is describing what's happening. I've always admired that Wynn would pay for premium seats to basically listen to a game.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Not supposed to charge, even for charity. Could have a "suggested" donation and have a box out in front. Arenas will sell plenty of concessions to pay for hosting the event, MGM should be hosting these in their other arenas during the games instead of causing a massive crowd problem out front. And has there ever been a watch party inside TMA? What are they waiting for, game 6?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
What's also funny is that there is no way Wynn can see what is happening- he's legally blind. It appears Taffer is describing what's happening. I've always admired that Wynn would pay for premium seats to basically listen to a game.

Legally blind and totally blind are two different things.

He has retinitis pigmentosa, a disorder that causes the gradual detachment of the retina (gradual can mean decades to total blindness). Typical affect of the disease before total blindness is loss of peripheral vision. This, of course, makes his claim that he couldn't leer at a showgirl because he is legally blind about as comical as "the glove doesn't fit" while wearing the glove. He can see, but his range of vision is very narrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zalapshot

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Sting performing prior to game three and Fall Out Boy before game four. :thumbu:

Then this...

Can't help but chuckle, although I do get the connection as a season ticket holder (what?!?) and the whole capital letter thing. Guess it's kinda clever. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad