Series Talk: Stanley Cup Final VGK (West) vs Capitals (East)

Who wins the Stanley Cup, in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The Knights have a 100% chance of winning Game 5 as far as I’m concerned.

After that, it’s all about the Caps and how they handle the pressure of a choking ass city expecting them to not choke. The pressure is on them. We can play our game.

We can win our game.

Let’s play our game.

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Bookers had Vegas as a favorite entering the series, this is based on playoff and regular season statistics. Still giving odds as a favor of vegas in a single game (when home / away advantage counted in). Just bad timing for a short losing streak. What kind of a contract does Gallant have? Would lock him immediately considering vegas and panthers performance under his vision.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Bookers had Vegas as a favorite entering the series, this is based on playoff and regular season statistics. Still giving odds as a favor of vegas in a single game (when home / away advantage counted in). Just bad timing for a short losing streak. What kind of a contract does Gallant have? Would lock him immediately considering vegas and panthers performance under his vision.
Knights will be fine. They're the chokers, not us. Outside of the choking thus far, the pressure not to choke is on them.

We know nothing about Gallant's contract, believe it or not. I'm assuming he's got 3 years from the beginning of this season based on the whole Playoffs in 3/Cup In 6 thing.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
500-1, that makes 11-1 seem like no problem.

I read an article that said those odds weren't the real chance Vegas had, and it was closer to 250-1 but the point you make is no less valid.

(The same article said Leicester's 5000-1 odds were more like 500-1 in reality)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Knights will be fine. They're the chokers, not us. Outside of the choking thus far, the pressure not to choke is on them.

We know nothing about Gallant's contract, believe it or not. I'm assuming he's got 3 years from the beginning of this season based on the whole Playoffs in 3/Cup In 6 thing.

Their history actually makes me more pessimistic about our chances. I think they will be on guard and focused that much more, knowing full well what they've done in the past. I'd honestly rather they had no real reputation either way, choking or clutch.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
History means nothing come tomorrow night. The bottom line is the Knights need to score the first goal, play with the lead & win a hockey game. Can't come all the way back in one game.

The forwards have to establish their forecheck & capitalize on their chances. We haven't had the lead since Neal scored the first goal in Game 2. It's time for some breaks to go our way. Simple as that.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Their history actually makes me more pessimistic about our chances. I think they will be on guard and focused that much more, knowing full well what they've done in the past. I'd honestly rather they had no real reputation either way, choking or clutch.
We'll see how you feel when the Knights win tomorrow and the entire narrative changes from crowning Ovi the Conn Smythe winner and second greatest player of his era to "is this the ultimate Caps choke ever?"

VegasFan6842

Jun 2, 2018
Have feeling this is going to go 7. Knights win tomorrow!!!(fingers crossed)they are due to win road game in DC, thru could’ve easily won last game but had bad luck with Neal hitting post and holtby making great save. Luck is bound to and will go Vegas’ way.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I'm seeing some optimism here, and it makes me feel good! :)

Also, this. I count five French Canadians on the VGK roster compared to just one for the Caps.

Celine Dion is French Canadian.

Celine Dion lives and works in Las Vegas.

Connect the dots! :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad