Series Talk: Stanley Cup Final VGK (West) vs Capitals (East)

Who wins the Stanley Cup, in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
What's also funny is that there is no way Wynn can see what is happening- he's legally blind. It appears Taffer is describing what's happening. I've always admired that Wynn would pay for premium seats to basically listen to a game.

A construction friend of mine told me a story of Wynn doing a walk-through of the Bellagio and walked into a pillar and thought the pillar was someone and was swearing at it to look where he's going. I sometimes wonder if my friend is BSing me or not. This was before I heard that he was legally blind.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Pressers today look like Turk is talking about some line up changes for game 4.

Guess it might be the most injured, or the most ineffective (which are not necessarily the same thing) who might be scratched. Then who draws in?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Pressers today look like Turk is talking about some line up changes for game 4.

Guess it might be the most injured, or the most ineffective (which are not necessarily the same thing) who might be scratched. Then who draws in?

Tatar needs to be in this lineup IMO, Carpenter should be sent packing

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Tatar needs to be in this lineup IMO, Carpenter should be sent packing
Carpenter is a sentimental favorite of mine, so that might be clouding my judgement, but I think I bounce Perron before Carpenter.

I'm going to rewards game 3 sometime today to confirm that I'm not just being biased.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
can anyone shed some light on the "HYDE LIMITED VIEW/NO VIEW" standing room only seats they are offering for $500...

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
can anyone shed some light on the "HYDE LIMITED VIEW/NO VIEW" standing room only seats they are offering for $500...
From what I've heard, it's just getting in.

Watch it on live TV in the club in the arena. I think you can wander, though. So you might be able to stake a claim on a spot in a hallway or something.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Personally I think the biggest wildcard might be which Holtby do we see?
I did some checking and in their 7 losses (7!) during the playoffs, he let in 3.7gpg.

In their 12 wins, 1.75 gpg.

Tale of 2 Holtbys!
No idea where you're getting your goals-against numbers, but they're wrong.

Holtby has played in 6 Caps losses this postseason, and has let in 16 goals (2.67 goals/game)
Holtby has played in 12 Caps wins this postseason, and has let in 21 goals (1.75 goals/game)

That's a difference of 0.92 goals/game, not the 1.95 you claimed.

For comparison:
Fleury has played in 3 Vegas losses this postseason, and has let in 12 goals (4.00 goals/game)
Fleury has played in 12 Vegas wins this postseason, and has let in 15 goals (1.25 goals/game)

That's a difference of 2.75 goals/game.

Seems more like a tale of two Fleurys to me.
Bump from before the series started.

Guess I was wrong. It's been a tale of one Fleury in the final...

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Bump from before the series started.

Guess I was wrong. It's been a tale of one Fleury in the final...
Credit where it is due.

Holtby has played well—and his team’s willingness to throw bodies in the lanes and block shots has helped to limit the dangerous opportunities. Lots of shots hitting the post (part of the game obvs) that could have gone either way but didn’t.

The Caps are super tough when on. They have done what it takes to shut down the Knights (mentally, too), at least thus far.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I'd never say never... I may say unlikely...

Just one game at a time like VGK has preached all season. Get that first line going next game, get more help to MAF from the defenders, get the Fortress rocking and we got a good shot in the next one.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Based on the numbers of how many times teams have been down 3-1 and come back, VGK has about a 1 in 11 chance.

Not very high but you gotta take it one game at a time. Use the energy of the home crowd and the urgency of the situation to try to find a way to get one win.

Penguinfan66

Sep 9, 2008
I'm a fan of neither team but wanted Vegas to win. Hope they do. Im a fan of the Caps rival....Penguins.
Very impressed with what GMGM has done. Good for the game and continued success of a new franchise. I'll congratulate either team....won't troll either...heck i strangely decided to use my actual name as my username which would make that even more moronic(perhaps should change it)

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Based on the numbers of how many times teams have been down 3-1 and come back, VGK has about a 1 in 11 chance.

Not very high but you gotta take it one game at a time. Use the energy of the home crowd and the urgency of the situation to try to find a way to get one win.
500-1, that makes 11-1 seem like no problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad