GDT: Stanley Cup Final G4: Chicago Blackhawks @ Boston Bruins - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

criyi

Jun 9, 2013
Chicago, Il
C'mon guys, tell me this isn't the best Stanley Cup final you have ever seen?

Two amazing teams so evenly matched that it goes into overtime multiple games with each team adjusting so well to the other team that you never know what to expect. Just Awesome!

Go Hawks!

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
CharA was on the ice for 5 goals tonight

That won't happen again

This team always plays an amazing defensive game after these stinkers

3-0 bruins Saturday

Tim O'Reilly

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ont.
Visit site
First shot on Crawford on Saturday, do you go blocker side to try to catch him cheat or go glove and see if you can shatter his confidence?

Keep in mind, with the way the B's have started these games, that shot will likely come 8 minutes into the 2nd

I think you shoot high. I also think the Bruins need gut pads for all the speers they are taking.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Can the real Dennis Seidenberg come back please?

Terrible game. The D was nonexistent. Tuukka isn't 100% to blame but he was pretty bad.

Blackhawks may have won but they were just as bad.

Saturday is must win.

nitric

German Engineering
May 23, 2011
Rhode Island
Bought loge tickets last minute at 745pm for a good deal which was still way too much ****ing money but its fine. Still glad I went to this one. Proud of this team regardless of the loss. It hurts, yes. They gave a great effort against a team desperate to not go down 3-1.

Holding onto my hope that they win 2 of 3. They did it It in the first 3 games.

This loss hurts but I'm proud of this team for being in the finals. I believe. I had hoped for anything but a game 7. We will see

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
More upset about James Gandolfini dying than the result of this game. The Bruins will bounce back.

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
CharA was on the ice for 5 goals tonight

That won't happen again

This team always plays an amazing defensive game after these stinkers

3-0 bruins Saturday

With tonight's defensive performance we shouldn't have even been in this game yet alone almost winning it. The coaching staff needs to refocus and counter what Chicago did tonight with their adjustments.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Wow, 2 ot goals away from a sweep, now it's best 2 out of 3.:shakehead If you knew going in the B's would get 5 tonight, how many would have taken Chi? Rask allows as many tonight as he had in his previous 5 games combined. Totally speechless. They just seemed to panic tonight after going down and took way too many chances early. Need to really refocus for next game.

They didn't really panic. They got caught flat footed, not skating , allowing the Hawks too much room in the neutral zone , they skated in with ease and this forced pond hockey as they had to open it up because they fell behind by 2 goals. Very certain we won't see anything like this for the remainder of the series and Boston will be really focused. I am not sure why they have these lapses but it has been like this all year. Claude called them a Jekyll and Hyde team when they blew the 3-1 lead against the Leafs. This team always bounces back

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Two amazing teams so evenly matched that it goes into overtime multiple games with each team adjusting so well to the other team that you never know what to expect. Just Awesome!

Go Hawks!

Nah,I could care less about it being a good Stanley Cup final.I woud rather see the Bruins trounce the Hawks in every game. This loss hurts but let's get some perspective here,it is now 2-2 and home ice advantage does not mean a thing.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Nah,I could care less about it being a good Stanley Cup final.I woud rather see the Bruins trounced the Hawks in every game. This loss hurts but let's get some perspective here,it is now 2-2 and home ice advantage does not mean a thing.

Exactly win your home game and get one of 2 games in Chicago for the Cup.... the way this series has gone the B;s could be up 3-1 , had a chance to sweep or they easily have been down 3-1. A 2-2 tie brings it back to neutral. It won;t be hard for the layers to put this behind them. They have to address better starts, more physical play and get back to how they played against Pitt

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

Go Hawks!

Were you on this board saying this after game 3?

I must have missed it.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The B's defense was sloppy all game. Not to mention the lack of consistent effort. Every time we scored, we had no shots on net for like 5 minutes.

But let's be honest, I'm surprised we almost won with how sloppy we played. This win mattered more for Chicago. If they lost a game by scoring 5 goals, their confidence would be shattered. But hey, a loss is a loss, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a dominant defense protecting Tuukka on his A game this Saturday.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
While the entire world was telling me "how great this game was" I loathed it and not just because we lost.

- Far too loose. Too many turnovers.

- Chara had an awful night....Seidenberg was worse. My God they were terrible.

- Brad Marchand looks like he did early in the playoffs. He needs to play better.

- I thought outside of a few flashes Lucic was atrocious. That whole line has been pretty bad since game 1. Time to step it up.

- Rask had almost no chance on every goal. Our defense was so bad tonight.

- Peverley played his best game in a year and a half. Seguin was working hard. Kelly was good.

- Boychuk and Ference had a few ass clenching moments but were good overall.

- Krug had his best game of the series.

- Daugman is useless. If we can't play him it's time for someone else to get his spot. Yeti or Caron.

They must tighten it up obviously. Patrick Sharp is a ****ing good player. I always appreciated him but tonight he was a man, best player on the ice.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This loss is only going to make Saturday's victory sweeter.No one will give us a chance now and the Bruins will thrive being the underdogs.This team is terrible whenever they suddenly become the favored team.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
While the entire world was telling me "how great this game was" I loathed it and not just because we lost.

- Brad Marchand looks like he did early in the playoffs. He needs to play better.

- I thought outside of a few flashes Lucic was atrocious. That whole line has been pretty bad since game 1. Time to step it up.

- Peverley played his best game in a year and a half. Seguin was working hard. Kelly was good.

- Daugman is useless. If we can't play him it's time for someone else to get his spot. Yeti or Caron.

They must tighten it up obviously. Patrick Sharp is a ****ing good player. I always appreciated him but tonight he was a man, best player on the ice.

:handclap: Great recap again man, definitely on the same page.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Exhausted. So many emotional swings. Always chasing the lead. Too tired to analyse, much less dwell on the negative (of which there was plenty, well summarized by unifiedtheory). Glad 49 potted one, and that Jagr continues to produce. What a blast by Boychuk.

BTW if I read one more post on the main boards about how we're in a "dead puck era" again, or how these playoffs reward "clutch and grab" hockey, I'm going to put my fist through my monitor and strangle whoever the poster is on the other side.

Buenas noches.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

I will agree on most points - and have a few others but - it was a great hockey game between the two best teams in the league. When it's this deep in the playoffs I watch most of the games by myself but ended up watching with a couple friends of mine who aren't fans of either team but they were cheering for the Hawks because they wanted this to go 7 games because - It's the best hockey they've seen in a long time.
I think the B's were a bit over-excited tonight and kind of 'missed' for large parts of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad