GDT: Stanley Cup Final G4: Chicago Blackhawks @ Boston Bruins - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dueman1

Sep 28, 2003
CT
Visit site
To the casual fan that was an exciting game, to a bruins fan that was a sloppy turnover fest. It looked like the team had been out binge drinking the night before celebrating as if they had already won the cup. Absolutely horrible. Dogs is an ahl player and thornton is useless in a stanley cup final. Time for Caron and the Yeti. Hell I would take Pandawful over dogs. We had a golden opportunity to seal this thing up but as they have done all year our bruins choose the hard road. Postives to take from this...Chicago played hard and yet we were still in it. I think the two day break will do us good.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I will agree on most points - and have a few others but - it was a great hockey game between the two best teams in the league. When it's this deep in the playoffs I watch most of the games by myself but ended up watching with a couple friends of mine who aren't fans of either team but they were cheering for the Hawks because they wanted this to go 7 games because - It's the best hockey they've seen in a long time.
I think the B's were a bit over-excited tonight and kind of 'missed' for large parts of the game.

The game was frustrating and exciting but not sure how you could say it was "great hockey".The Bruins just didn't have it tonight although they battled hard at times.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
5 goals shouldn't be enough to win a game, that's rational, intelligent thinking. Don't think it's too outrageous placing some blame on a goalie when you lose 6-5.

And, you shouldn't just be able to look at a score sheet and assume all of the goals were his fault. He could not have saved probably three or four of those goals.

I know it surprises people here, but sometimes there's something called a good shot......or not having a chance.

People think goalies should be saving everything, but that's a ridiculous line of thinking. He had little chance on most goals tonight. I thought he should have had the over-time goal, but the others were not easy.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
5 goals shouldn't be enough to win a game, that's rational, intelligent thinking. Don't think it's too outrageous placing some blame on a goalie when you lose 6-5.

Rask was the only player mentioned in your post. No mention of the ridiculously terrible D-zone play, turnovers all over the ice and statue like play of certain Milan Lucic's in his own end.

Just Rask.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Seidenberg was terrible his fault on 2 goals. Crazy game with lots of emotional ups and downs.

Lots of poor play but at least the series is tied.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
And, you shouldn't just be able to look at a score sheet and assume all of the goals were his fault. He could not have saved probably three or four of those goals.

I know it surprises people here, but sometimes there's something called a good shot......or not having a chance.

People think goalies should be saving everything, but that's a ridiculous line of thinking. He had little chance on most goals tonight. I thought he should have had the over-time goal, but the others were not easy.
True,but not a solid performance from Rask,he will bounce back.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

We should have lost 5-1.

We can thank Tuukka for that not happening. And our team for fighting back.

And...Crawford for sucking.

This was the blackhawks game to kick our ass. They played amazing. We took them to OT. Its a new series.

The biggest worry are the players who are trending down right now (first line O, first pair D, Dog and Thornton) but hopefully they bounce back with a good G5!

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Perhaps we all were overconfident.Today,I was at the grocery store making plans to purchase a Boston Bruins Stanley Cup cake but obviously there is more work to be done.Being the favorite just doesn't suit the Bruins, now we can go back to being determined underdogs.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This game is not on Rask.

Agree, Rask made some super saves on break aways and close in shots and gave the B's a chance to win, especially when the Bruins tied it up at 4-4.
Although Looch was banging people, I still don't have a ******* clue what he was doing in the third period...he looked drunk.
Having said that, I have confidence the B's will rebound, and win 2 of the next 3 games....even if they don't, I'm still very proud of this team!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
The game was frustrating and exciting but not sure how you could say it was "great hockey".The Bruins just didn't have it tonight although they battled hard at times.

Not 'great hockey' but a 'great hockey game' - if that makes a difference. Maybe it's because the people I'm with, maybe because I'm a bit drunk, maybe because I don't hate Chicago, maybe because I don't want the series to end but I wasn't as killed by this game but probably would have been even more over the moon if they had won it. It was an exciting game between the two best teams in the league. I still yelled and swore and slammed the table when it was going and wondered why the hell the B's weren't executing like they can (Hawks are a good team) but kinda faded into a enjoy the game feel. I'm not a big high-scoring hockey fan but sometimes it's very great to watch.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not 'great hockey' but a 'great hockey game' - if that makes a difference. Maybe it's because the people I'm with, maybe because I'm a bit drunk, maybe because I don't hate Chicago, maybe because I don't want the series to end but I wasn't as killed by this game but probably would have been even more over the moon if they had won it. It was an exciting game between the two best teams in the league. I still yelled and swore and slammed the table when it was going and wondered why the hell the B's weren't executing like they can (Hawks are a good team) but kinda faded into a enjoy the game feel. I'm not a big high-scoring hockey fan but sometimes it's very great to watch.

Yeah, it was an amazing game.

And some people have to step back and credit Chicago for how well they played. They can't play that well again offensively so we'll see if they can grind out 2 wins with that goalie when they don't play like that. I doubt it. I think we will win this series.

But obviously crediting the other team isn't allowed around these parts...

BigBadBruin

Aug 21, 2002
Saskatoon
I picked the wrong game to be hooked up to a heart machine. Nurses said it was going crazy for awhile.

They need to keep working glove hand on Crawford. Underneath the hand. He barely moves it on most shots and uses his leg/body momentum to get it out there. He starts it very high and tougher to go down than up, imo. Should hardly ever give out rebounds there, but he does it. Hard to believe an NHL goalie who can't catch well , but luongo was like that two years ago. Just keep working on that area. Maybe he has a bit of an injury in that area?? I

Killer Bees

May 26, 2013
Ohio sticks
Bizarre game. This was a golden opportunity to put a strangle hold on the Cup Final.

Nevertheless, I will say I'm not nervous yet (maybe a little but it's negligible). Rask is simply better than Crawford and I can't see the Hawks winning 2 of 3 against the B's based on the two goaltenders. Home ice isn't enough of an advantage in the NHL and I think the loss wakes us up and we play our game and win this thing.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think I prefer our current circumstances, being tied 2-2 against Chicago, in comparison to the Vancouver series. We beat Vancouver quite easily on home ice and then lost game 5 on the road.The Bruins should come out with vengeance after that mess of a game.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Man this game is bugging me. No other game has bugged me like this. Feel like the Bruins were men't to win but didn't. Too many missed chances.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Bruins d comes back next game and Crawford is completely solved.

Bruins take the next two.

Crawford is as "solved" as Rask is. IOW, not really. Most goalies typically do get beat glove side.

You better hope Boston wins the next two because Boston will not win three times in Chicago. If Boston steals game five cause if Hawks win game 5, then this series is as good as over.

That is Rask's worst game of the playoffs. Enjoy it Chicago. You won't get 6 by him again. If they are so bloody good, why didn't they just win 6-0? Bruins can win this. Get back to paying tighter D and we will be fine. Crawford is easy to beat. Shoot glove high.

That was Crawford's worst game of the playoffs. Enjoy it Boston. You won't get 5 by him again. If they are so bloody good, why didn't you win 5-0? Hawks can win this. Get back to playing tighter D and we will be fine. Hask is easy to beat. Shoot glove high.

See I can do it to.

Brutal loss. Chicago has not deserved either of their wins. Terrible game from the bruins defense yet they still should have won

Tough loss no doubt. Hawks definitely deserve the first win but not the second, but the Bruins deserve game 3 win but not game 2. All in all, Chicago and Boston has played to a virtual standstill. This game was terrible on both teams defenses. If the Hawks played any defense and this game could have easily been a Hawks blowout.

Anybody who thought this series was over at either 1-0 or 2-1 was a fool. Anybody who thought this series was going shorter than 7 is a bigger fool. The season comes down to a best out of three.

May the best team win.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Crawford is as "solved" as Rask is. IOW, not really. Most goalies typically do get beat glove side.

You better hope Boston wins the next two because Boston will not win three times in Chicago. If Boston steals game five cause if Hawks win game 5, then this series is as good as over.

That was Crawford's worst game of the playoffs. Enjoy it Boston. You won't get 5 by him again. If they are so bloody good, why didn't you win 5-0? Hawks can win this. Get back to playing tighter D and we will be fine. Hask is easy to beat. Shoot glove high.

See I can do it to.

Tough loss no doubt. Hawks definitely deserve the first win but not the second, but the Bruins deserve game 3 win but not game 2. All in all, Chicago and Boston has played to a virtual standstill. This game was terrible on both teams defenses. If the Hawks played any defense and this game could have easily been a Hawks blowout.

Anybody who thought this series was over at either 1-0 or 2-1 was a fool. Anybody who thought this series was going shorter than 7 is a bigger fool. The season comes down to a best out of three.

May the best team win.

Good for you, your board is over there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad