GDT: Stanley Cup Final G4: Chicago Blackhawks @ Boston Bruins - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuxhead

Mar 24, 2011
As much as I hate the Bruins, I would love to see them steal next game and then win the cup at home for the victims of the marathon bombings. Wouldn't that be sweet?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Er. He was just reeling discussion back to earth and reality. He wasn't trolling or anything.

People don't want to credit the blackhawks for playing their best game of the playoffs/season. You did and were amazing. But as good as you were something is wrong when you play that freakin well and almost lose.

You guys probably can't play that well again so you'll have to win close ugly games and due to goaltending it might be tough for you to grind out 2 against us. I think we win the series.

But you were amazing tonight and it should have been 5-1 if it wasn't for Crawford having an awful game. He won't be that bad again but I don't see him outplaying Rask.

That dude is wrong about the series being over if we drop 5 though. We won 6 at home and 7 in Vancouver. Trust me, home ice won't matter if there's a game 7.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I know you guys lost and all but today was the day I became a "fan" of your team. The never say die attitude is amazing to watch which anyone not named Kesler on my team could do that. I think you guys won in 7. Patrice Bergeron is slowly becoming my favorite player in the East good luck guys!

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
As a non analytic hockey fan the game was fun to watch. I really thought that as many times as the B's came back that they were 'destined" to win it. oh well on to Chicago boys. I see game 5 as a "must" win for us.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
was the crowd as lame live as it sounded on tv last nite?
seemed like a bunch of pink hats made its way in there. embarrassing.

only getting loud after a Bruins goal.

aside from that, it wss an awesome game to watch.
Bruins had a couple great chances to win that in OT, and Crawford made the big saves.
Wish Tuukka could have that soft one back in OT.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I see game 5 as a "must" win for us.

Game 5 ain't a must-win just as little as game 2 was. Would be tough, but winning games 6 & 7 back-to-back is doable. We just did that 2 years ago. And the situation was even worse, we lost the 3 prior games in Vancouver. We've already beaten the Hawks at home and could have won both meetings there.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
marchand has been fighting the puck this whole series.
his lazy backcheck and then fly-by on the Hawks 4th goal shouldve had him benched for a couple shifts.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Game 5 ain't a must-win just as little as game 2 was. Would be tough, but winning games 6 & 7 back-to-back is doable. We just did that 2 years ago. And the situation was even worse, we lost the 3 prior games in Vancouver. We've already beaten the Hawks at home and could have won both meetings there.

That's why I wrote I see....my opinion. You have yours I have mine.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I know you guys lost and all but today was the day I became a "fan" of your team. The never say die attitude is amazing to watch which anyone not named Kesler on my team could do that. I think you guys won in 7. Patrice Bergeron is slowly becoming my favorite player in the East good luck guys!

Thanks, I know there is no love lost between the two fanbases and teams but you guys are my second team because everyone inside Rodgers Arena was so nice to me 2 years ago and were really classy and went out of there way to congratulate me after we won. I think you are the best fans in hockey and I've been to games all over.

I feel the same way, something in my gut tells me we win 5, lose 6, and win 7 even if that goes against conventional logic.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
bruins gotta get more pucks to the net.
how do they not understand that?
they scored on 4 soft goals last nite.

chicago just throws pucks at the net at all angles, especially in OT.
bruins have to do that

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
5 goals shouldn't be enough to win a game, that's rational, intelligent thinking. Don't think it's too outrageous placing some blame on a goalie when you lose 6-5.

Honest question: would you blame a pitcher for losing a 6-5 game when he only gave up 1 earned run in 9 innings?

ChewiesArmy

Apr 15, 2012
Rockford, IL
People don't want to credit the blackhawks for playing their best game of the playoffs/season. You did and were amazing. But as good as you were something is wrong when you play that freakin well and almost lose.

You guys probably can't play that well again so you'll have to win close ugly games and due to goaltending it might be tough for you to grind out 2 against us. I think we win the series.

But you were amazing tonight and it should have been 5-1 if it wasn't for Crawford having an awful game. He won't be that bad again but I don't see him outplaying Rask.

That dude is wrong about the series being over if we drop 5 though. We won 6 at home and 7 in Vancouver. Trust me, home ice won't matter if there's a game 7.

But the Hawks weren't amazing, their D was just less bad than the B's.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
But the Hawks weren't amazing, their D was just less bad than the B's.

I thought they were excellent and I don't remember watching another team take it to the Bruins like that. I am pleased it wasn't a 5-1 shellacking since I thought Chicago played that well outside of defensive breakdowns and Crawford.

Normally I wouldn't give credit to Chicago instead of bashing our D but last night was different they were good.

But they won't play that well again, and I doubt they can win 2 close hard fought games against us unless they get some very lucky bounces and calls from the refs.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013

I agree with most of this. But I think we need to win on Saturday. If the Bruins win Saturday then this thing becomes a lot easier to navigate. If not then I don't see Hawks closing out the B's on their home ice. In a way it's a lot better that they play in Chicago for game 5

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
I would love to see them steal next game and then win the cup at home for the victims of the marathon bombings. Wouldn't that be sweet?

This would be ideal

Although I agree with this, human nature is people want more (like the ad with the kids sitting Indian style with the businessman) so since they won the cup 2 years ago which was on the road and since the 72 win was on the road as well, I wanted to see them win it on home ice this time and though it's a possibility to win the next 2 games to win it all at home in game 6, I'll be surprised (though thrilled) if that happens but don't think it'll be as easy as that (and yes, I remember the legend of Horton changing the VAN ice for game 7 but you know what I mean).

stocker

Mar 9, 2004
Time for Seguin to step up.Hes a goal scorer.He needs to put the puck in the net.No more well he played well these last few games.He needs to score. The last I saw he was a -3.last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->