TSN: Standings projection: Leafs ranked 4th in Atlantic

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
No franchise is perpetually competitive. Time for Detroit to hit the skids for a while. Can't think of a better time than now with their aging core.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Anyway, this whole thing is over your "vastly superior" comment, which after this runaround you can probably admit isn't completely accurate.

Maybe not entirely accurate, but I do think the Atlantic is quite a bit stronger than the Central, and will be a lot more difficult to succeed in. Even putting aside the fact that there's an extra team.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Better teammates I tell you. Makes all the difference in the World.

Who do you predict will score more points this season Grabovski or Bolland or MacArthur verses Raymond?

If you pick the former Leafs then you will be arguing against yourself. ;)

Given Bolland has only managed better than 37 points once and the other has 35 as his low and 58 as his high, I would expect Grabovski to outpoint Bolland, regardless of who he plays with.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It wouldn't shock me to see Raymond outscore MacA. Raymond is kind of in this prove you want to be in the NHL phase, and working for a contract and a place in the NHL. MacA has a two year deal.

This isn't an argument suggesting Raymond is a better player, just that you never know what can happen, particularly when properly motivated. MacA should outscore him, but I don't think it should be considered a shock "if" he doesn't.

Bolland vs. Grabs shouldn't even be close, unless Grabs continues to skate around with his head down.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
better teammates?

didn't you always tell us that Leafs' stats were inflated because "somebody has to score on a bad team"?

I see you didn't answer the question, so you must have recognized your own rebuttal opposed your point you were trying to make.

Who gets more points this year.

MacArthur or Raymond ?
Grabovski or Bolland ?

The only way your point is proven if you think the new Leafs outproduce the former ones.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs 2012:

vs. East: 0.92ppg
vs. West: 1.17ppg

Leafs 2011:

vs. East: 1.03ppg
vs. West: 1.06ppg

Leafs 2010:

vs. East: 0.98ppg
vs. West: 0.61ppg

3yrs:

Vs. East: 0.98ppg
Vs. West: 0.94ppg

And in fact, in 2 of the last 3yrs the conferences have played, it's the LEAFS who have done BETTER against the west than they have agianst the east.

of course, over the 3 years, much like the Wings, the Leafs did just as well vs. both conferences.

which isn't surprising, since both conferences are nearly identical in quality overall.

So wins and losses record directly verses an opponent is skewing the results, but points per game scored is a much more accurate way to measure wins and losses and success when predicting future results.

Interesting :help:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Could be worst, Corey Pronman has us second last in the East this year. He says that he has no confidence in our blue line. Buffalo is the last team, by the way. Not Florida or even New Jersey.

So cute.

Last edited:

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
Could be worst, Corey Pronman has us second last in the East this year. He says that he has no confidence in our blue line. Buffalo is the last team, by the way. Not Florida or Winnipeg.

So cute.

While that ranking is a joke, I think too many people are sleeping on Florida.

They made the playoffs two years ago, a lot of young players developing, and Thomas could easily remain his elite former self.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
While that ranking is a joke, I think too many people are sleeping on Florida.

They made the playoffs two years ago, a lot of young players developing, and Thomas could easily remain his elite former self.

And they completely sucked last year. What's your point?

Technically, any team could come out of the gate and surprise. This is why we watch the games. But I find it completely idiotic to diss Toronto's defense while having teams with a far worst defense higher then them in the standings. Florida had to sign 2 cast-offs (Gilbert and Whitney) in order to round out their top 6... such a solid defensive core indeed. It doesn't make any sense.

Meh.

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
And they completely sucked last year. What's your point?

Technically, any team could come out of the gate and surprise. This is why we watch the games. But I find it completely idiotic to diss Toronto's defense while having teams with a far worst defense higher then them in the standings. It doesn't make any sense.

Meh.

I think too many people are sleeping on Florida.

That was my point.

I wasn't talking about the Leafs...sorry...

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
And all of a sudden hundreds, nay, thousands of people have now heard of Corey Pronman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad