Speculation: Stan Bowman scouting Vancouver Canucks and LA Kings game

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
tenor.gif
So Hawks give up Wise and Mitchell/Beaudin, and still take Ryan's salary back??

source.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I'd do Seabrook + sweetener for Ladd.

Ladd's contract is one year shorter, 1.3m less cap hit and less actual dollars in the last years if we'd try to dump him off to another team. Plus he's often injuries anyway.

Granted both guy would have to waive, and the only drawback is Ladd is another familiar guy which might not be enough of a shock to the system.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'm Ready for a let down on the sweetener being Boqvist or Dach.

Do it Stan, Seabrook/Mitchell/+ for Eriksson.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017

I dont think this team should be rushing to give away top prospects if we aren't sure the core (especially Jonny) is going to live up to the standards. If the price for getting rid of Seabrook is one of Beaudin, Boqvist, Dach, or Mitchell i would wait.
Clarification - if its one of Bo or Dach, i wouldnt even consider it.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

I don't know ... I really don't think it's wise to give up a top prospect like Mitchell or Beaudin ( certainly not Dach or Boqvist ) to get rid of Seabs. TT is thriving in Carolina and I can't stomach watching yet another one of our young future stars shining in another city. Don't want to give up our 2020 first either!

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I don't disagree, although I'd point out that the Bickell move had to be made to get under the cap by a deadline, whereas SB isn't under that same pressure atm.

He was traded June 15th, 3.5 months before supposedly having to be under the cap so his hands were not as strapped as believed around here, he made the trade because he didn’t care much about TT, he didn’t value him like many people did, he just doesn’t have the vision. There was many other avenues he could have went, he could have waited a bit as the summer is very long and if he wanted to give away TT there would have been a line up of teams willing to take that trade. How about get rid of Anisimov which TT was already a better player than him to get under the cap? Stan just didn’t care much for TT. A lot of fans here thought TT was soft and until about last year the notion was that he wasn’t that big of a loss and would say things like “where would he play on this team right now there is no place for him” and silly statements like that.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I dont think this team should be rushing to give away top prospects if we aren't sure the core (especially Jonny) is going to live up to the standards. If the price for getting rid of Seabrook is one of Beaudin, Boqvist, Dach, or Mitchell i would wait.
Clarification - if its one of Bo or Dach, i wouldnt even consider it.
I've said this as well. That deal I proposed is about the only thing I could think of that wouldn't involve one of Bo/Dach. That contract is untradeable for at least this season and next.

Reactions: Kdotsection88

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Big difference between the Bickell deal and a potential Seabrook deal is the Hawks had to deal Bickell to be cap compliant whereas they don't need to deal Seabrook, they can simply wait until summer to work out a solution. There's absolutely zero need to give up a good prospect because Seabrook can't handle sitting a few games. Accept it or go sit at home until the offseason...

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He was traded June 15th, 3.5 months before supposedly having to be under the cap so his hands were not as strapped as believed around here, he made the trade because he didn’t care much about TT, he didn’t value him like many people did, he just doesn’t have the vision. There was many other avenues he could have went, he could have waited a bit as the summer is very long and if he wanted to give away TT there would have been a line up of teams willing to take that trade. How about get rid of Anisimov which TT was already a better player than him to get under the cap? Stan just didn’t care much for TT. A lot of fans here thought TT was soft and until about last year the notion was that he wasn’t that big of a loss and would say things like “where would he play on this team right now there is no place for him” and silly statements like that.

My bad, then, I thought it was right before the season. But either way, they had to move Bickell, which they don't here.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Have no interest in giving any top prospect while also taking back a terrible contract.
Might be unreasonable all around on my part. But just my opinion. Keep him until uncle Jerry gives us our 3 compliance buyouts.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

You are forgetting the fact that you can only go so far over the cap so you have to make the move early so you can get other moves done.

This thread is about Bowman scouting a game. Why do you constantly bring up things that have nothing to do with the thread and try to hide it behind the “well we are talking about Bowman so he will automatically f*** it up” veil?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
You are forgetting the fact that you can only go so far over the cap so you have to make the move early so you can get other moves done.

This thread is about Bowman scouting a game. Why do you constantly bring up things that have nothing to do with the thread and try to hide it behind the “well we are talking about Bowman so he will automatically **** it up” veil?
Because he’s getting the exact reaction he wants every time. I swear if everyone just ignored him he would more than likely just go away.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago

This thread is about Bowman scouting a game. .....

Speaking of which, anyone else think it is a little odd that Crawford is with him? Seems like the Barry Smith Issues all over again- didn’t JC’s record improve significantly after Smith left the scene?

I may be completely off base but given how dis-jointed the Hawks look seems like there could be some trust issues among team and staff that go back to the Q v Smith and Bowman days.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Speaking of which, anyone else think it is a little odd that Crawford is with him? Seems like the Barry Smith Issues all over again- didn’t JC’s record improve significantly after Smith left the scene?

I may be completely off base but given how dis-jointed the Hawks look seems like there could be some trust issues among team and staff that go back to the Q v Smith and Bowman days.
From everything I've heard, it was JC's decision to add Crawford, not Stan's. So I doubt there is anything to Crawford being there other than getting some experienced eyes on a player, or possibly, be Bowman's drinking buddy.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He was JC's pick to hire so I doubt it.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
okay scratch that then, I had heard something about JC being onboard, but wasn't sure how much to trust it.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad