Speculation: Stan Bowman scouting Vancouver Canucks and LA Kings game

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Our next game is obviously against LA so it would only make sense to do a bit of scouting...but why would Stan need to be there?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Why wouldn't he be there?

Most GM's travel with teams do they not?

Meeting up with fellow GM's and scouts is a regular thing
Stan isn't coaching staff. What need would he have for scouting unless he was considering a trade? I suppose it's possible he just wanted to watch a game for fun lol.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We know Stan is trying to get rid of Zack Smith. Troy Stetcher is supposedly on the block for Vancouver. Could Stan pull it off?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
loui for seabs makes too much sense...dim jim will eat up the "cup experience, great locker room guy" narrative

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We know Stan is trying to get rid of Zack Smith. Troy Stetcher is supposedly on the block for Vancouver. Could Stan pull it off?
Stetcher is who I thought of. Doubt Smith would be going back (unless there was an add on our end).

But Stetcher is a guy who, like you said, is on the block and we need a RHD desperately with Seabrook getting scratched and Murphy being out. Stetcher would help with that this season and then he could be gone by next year when Boqvist and Mitchell will be fighting for spots.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He doesn't need to be there, but I don't think its a big deal that he is.

The fact that he's traveling with the team ten games into the season could mean something...Also, it was reported Chicago put a deal on the table before the draft to swap 1st round picks with Vancouver so they could get Byram if they took back Seabrook, so discussions have taken place around Seabrook before with Vancouver, and its probably one of the only places he would consider waiving. Eriksson is also in the lineup for only the second time all year. Think its more likely Bowman is there wrt Seabrook/Eriksson than Stetcher...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The fact that he's traveling with the team ten games into the season could mean something...Also, it was reported Chicago put a deal on the table before the draft to swap 1st round picks with Vancouver so they could get Byram if they took back Seabrook, so discussions have taken place around Seabrook before with Vancouver, and its probably one of the only places he would consider waiving. Eriksson is also in the lineup for only the second time all year. Think its more likely Bowman is there wrt Seabrook/Eriksson than Stetcher...
God I f***ing hope so

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm afraid of what the Hawks have to add.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It could mean something, can't rule it out. I just feel like the amount of times you see these types of posts and the amount of times something actually happens is pretty small.

The team is playing really poorly obviously. Could just want to see the team up close (travelling with team, self scouting). Not like he can't run the team from the road, just like he could make a trade without going to see whoever he's trading for. As such, I don't personally read anything into it.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
In the Powers article Regula mentioned Stan is busy the next few days (when talking about when he will sign).
I talked to Stan Bowman the other day. He said he’s pretty busy for the next 10 days or so. He said he was on the road or something.

Could mean nothing obviously but it was weird to me he highlighted it so much, I did wonder a little.

Honest to god id do Seabs for Erickson att his point even if it meant wed have to add a lot. We need to break status quo desperately.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Just a weird thought:
3 way deal with Seabrook going to Vancouver with some money retained by Ottawa, Ryan to the Hawks and Eriksson to Ottawa. Hawks give something like Mitchell or Beaudin to Ottawa to retain money to make the deal palatable for Vancouver. Vancouver gets Wise for their troubles. Hawks take full dollar amount of Ryan's contract. In order to make room for Ryan's contract for the Hawks, the Canucks and Hawks swap Stetcher/Smith.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Just a weird thought:
3 way deal with Seabrook going to Vancouver with some money retained by Ottawa, Ryan to the Hawks and Eriksson to Ottawa. Hawks give something like Mitchell or Beaudin to Ottawa to retain money to make the deal palatable for Vancouver. Vancouver gets Wise for their troubles. Hawks take full dollar amount of Ryan's contract. In order to make room for Ryan's contract for the Hawks, the Canucks and Hawks swap Stetcher/Smith.
tenor.gif

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Just a weird thought:

So Hawks give up Wise and Mitchell/Beaudin, and still take Ryan's salary back??

source.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad