Speculation: Stammergeddon: Live Free or Sign Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
People are assuming kucherov is going to get a **** ton of money. He had a great year this year, but look the other triplets line, they signed for 3.33 m. It is possible he gets 4-5 mil/year. Other's haven't proven themselves for huge contracts just yet.

At the time the other two Triplets signed for 3.3, everyone here thought they were going to get somewhere around 2. This is an entirely different situation. The 3.3 contracts were signed before the playoff success.

Scoring close to a point-per-game in the playoffs is an amazing feat in this era of the NHL. And Kucherov is doing that, with close to 40 games played. That's not a small sample size when it comes to playoff hockey.

This is one of the best players in the league, and he's quickly becoming one of the most PROVEN players in the league. He already has 5 more career playoff goals than Stamkos.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sure, Subban went south for Habs.
But he was their most valuable skater and a Norris winner, dont see Kuch in the same position, or having the kind of attitude Subban went with.

Trying to bridge Kucherov is only for keeping Stamkos, if that's what the management wants. Otherwise I agree that he should be given max term.

Trying to bridge Kucherov would be risking him for Stamkos. I would let Stamkos walk all day, every day for Kucherov.

I don't know how you don't put Kucherov in the same boat as Subban. The only reason why he might not be our most valuable skater is because Hedman is otherworldly.

What Kucherov does in the playoffs isn't normal. It is legit superstar stuff. And this is the second straight year.

What it comes down to is he'll make whatever he wants, because we can't afford to lose him. Gotta pay this kid.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Comps will put Kuch around 6.5 iirc.

Probably - I think Saad and Tarasenko are decent comps. He may take a bit of a discount because of how much he seems to love the place, but it wouldn't be dramatic (nor should it be).

I would lock him up for minimum six years though, and sign Hedman for 8 years on July 1. Just start getting our core locked up.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Well the blues Russian kid tarasenko got 7.5 /8 so with no state taxes was thinking kucherov would do 7 per year here for 8 years.

Not going to say what he will or won't get, but that logic doesn't apply here.

Why would a player take a discount because of lower taxes when he isn't getting a guarantee he will have those lower taxes for the duration of a long-term contract? Kucherov can't get a NTC for another 4 years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Fippula and Callahan contracts are what are killing you guys, you probably could keep everyone otherwise.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If you mean killing our penalties off on an elite level, then you are correct.

I'm not saying they're not useful players, I'm sure they are, but in terms of keeping Kucherov-Killorn-Drouin-Hedman-Stamkos-Bishop-Stralman-Johnson core ... it's hard/impossible if you have contracts like that in the way.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not saying they're not useful players, I'm sure they are, but in terms of keeping Kucherov-Killorn-Drouin-Hedman-Stamkos-Bishop-Stralman-Johnson core ... it's hard/impossible if you have contracts like that in the way.

Why does everyone always forget about Drej?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i know is a lot to expect?

but we just won our 8th game in 10 in playoffs?

cant we just enjoy the ride till its done?

than get to the dirty aspects? I have to ask todd to do this daily hahaha

im seriously enjoying this team this run what they are doing this has been my most enjoyable year since the cup year. Last year didnt have the expectation at this level knew we had a shot but soo much doubt etc.. this year expected it love the no excuse policy everyone is playing for everyone

this is a team top to bottom following one goal

i like our chances

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

im seriously enjoying this team this run what they are doing this has been my most enjoyable year since the cup year. Last year didnt have the expectation at this level knew we had a shot but soo much doubt etc.. this year expected it love the no excuse policy everyone is playing for everyone

i like our chances

Yeah last year it took us 13 games to get to this point, this year it's taken only 10. Those 3 games are huge life savers, avoids injury and fatigue moving forward. I'm just hoping Stralman and Brown are ready for game 1 and Stamkos can join in somewhere around game 4/5* (if necessary)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

i like our chances
We beat the islanders in five games we can talk stammer till the next series starts! But hell maybe he has a shot to play this series ?????

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The Fippula and Callahan contracts are what are killing you guys, you probably could keep everyone otherwise.

Correct, that's 11m in capspace, 16m if you include Carle.

Preferrably all those contracts are gone in a year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Correct, that's 11m in capspace, 16m if you include Carle.

Preferrably all those contracts are gone in a year.

Putting it that way makes me curious about something. What if resigning Stamkos is contingent on Yzerman clearing cap space in late June? I mean, is it possible that both sides have agreed on this? Like maybe it's known by both sides that Yzerman is going to try to make something work, but Yzerman can't commit to a large offer until he gets a contract or two off the books.

We know we're buying out Carle (at least, I would be shocked if we don't), but maybe our offer to Stamkos depends entirely on whether or not Yzerman can move (I would assume) Filppula. And maybe this is why Yzerman's claiming he wants to get a deal done with Stamkos while effectively doing nothing on the Stamkos front.

Just more conspiracy theories, obviously, but it would make sense. We'd be able to throw at least an extra million at Stamkos with Flip off the books. Whether or not we'd want to is a whole other question.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Putting it that way makes me curious about something. What if resigning Stamkos is contingent on Yzerman clearing cap space in late June? I mean, is it possible that both sides have agreed on this? Like maybe it's known by both sides that Yzerman is going to try to make something work, but Yzerman can't commit to a large offer until he gets a contract or two off the books.

We know we're buying out Carle (at least, I would be shocked if we don't), but maybe our offer to Stamkos depends entirely on whether or not Yzerman can move (I would assume) Filppula. And maybe this is why Yzerman's claiming he wants to get a deal done with Stamkos while effectively doing nothing on the Stamkos front.

Just more conspiracy theories, obviously, but it would make sense. We'd be able to throw at least an extra million at Stamkos with Flip off the books. Whether or not we'd want to is a whole other question.

My opinion no Stamkos has his own plan

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Please only post insider information provided by credible sources (acknowledged insiders, media or official team representatives etc.), i.e. no hearsay.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I love Stammer but if the playoffs have shown us one thing, it's that this team is competitive without him. If it comes down to a decision between him and keeping our "new" core together (86, 18, 17, 9, 77), I'd pick the latter.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
What can this team be without paying him? They obviously can win without him. How can that money be spent to improve an already great core?

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
I love Stammer but if the playoffs have shown us one thing, it's that this team is competitive without him. If it comes down to a decision between him and keeping our "new" core together (86, 18, 17, 9, 77), I'd pick the latter.

What can this team be without paying him? They obviously can win without him. How can that money be spent to improve an already great core?

This. :nod:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Regular season is when we miss him the most guys like Callahan and flipper have to put up more points
To replace the loss of Stamkos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad