NJ
willy.gif

Continued

Stamkos and Stammergeddon discussion threads - the ultimate collection:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
“As February 29th approaches, I am stating today that Steven Stamkos will not be traded before the NHL’s trade deadline. I have said repeatedly that it is our hope to reach an agreement with Steven on a new contract at some point, and with 27 games remaining in the season, our entire organization, Steven included, wants to focus on making the playoffs. I will keep the negotiating process strictly between the involved parties and have no further comment on the state of those negotiations.”

So we're all in this season. Time to change the motto again.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Oh boy. My eyes read only "Breaking news," "Traded," and "Steven Stamkos" as I came across the first tweet and I jumped.

I put my faith in Yzerman.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Tampa Bay Lightning vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman issued the following statement today regarding Steven Stamkos:
“As February 29th approaches, I am stating today that Steven Stamkos will not be traded before the NHL’s trade deadline. I have said repeatedly that it is our hope to reach an agreement with Steven on a new contract at some point, and with 27 games remaining in the season, our entire organization, Steven included, wants to focus on making the playoffs. I will keep the negotiating process strictly between the involved parties and have no further comment on the state of those negotiations.â€

FINALLY:)

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
If he wants to come back at $9mil or less, ideally $8.5mill, that would be wonderful. But I know he can get much more on the open market and won't have hard feelings if he goes that route.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Disappointed. I really hope Yzerman does not give into this contract, he already dropped the ball on the Cally contract, do not need another one weighing this team down.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
If it got nasty and think he is coasting ('not getting injured mode') they could leave him off the playoff roster. :naughty:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I have mixed feelings about this. If we lose him for nothing, this is a bad move. If we re-sign him to a huge contract, that is an even worse move.

Trust in SFY.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
You guys are acting like Yzerman can just trade him at will. Personally, I'm thinking this statement came out because Stammer has decided he won't waive his NMC.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
You guys are acting like Yzerman can just trade him at will. Personally, I'm thinking this statement came out because Stammer has decided he won't waive his NMC.

Means he wants to sign in Tampa if he wanted to leave he would list 3 or 4 teams for yzerman to deal him to so he can sign for 8 years instead of 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad