Stadium Series Jerseys?

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
Listen, I understand the Devils are all about tradition and no marketing ploys, but why is it that when I go to a Modell's, all I see are these shiny new Ranger & Islanders jerseys?

Would it kill the Devils to take advantage of an opportunity considering this will probably be the only time they are ever asked to play an outdoor game?

By the way, I am in favor of keeping the traditional circa 1988 red & green jerseys, I don't want a new one, they all have those silly slanted stripes on the sleeves, but LET US BUY THE DAMN THINGS! And not in a Devils Den store, can we get them somewhere else?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Because the Devils don't give a living crap about marketing or taking advantage of ways to make money or doing anything at all possible to let one Devils fan ever say "Oh... cool!"

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
I got a stadium series t-shirt and it was retro colors like i expected but the logo was chromed out. Any idea if they'll chrome out the logo?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Because the Devils don't give a living crap about marketing or taking advantage of ways to make money or doing anything at all possible to let one Devils fan ever say "Oh... cool!"

This is pretty true.. Now I do like that we are keeping tradition with our jerseys and honestly, I saw the SS jerseys up close at the NHL Store and they royally suck (especially the "chrome" logos which are just a way for the league to sell more regular priced jerseys with lower manufacturing costs to increase profits), but I still haven't seen them even selling throwbacks with Stadium Series patches on them.. What's up with that?! There's really no other way to describe that gaffe other than with this -> :shakehead

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
the thing about "cheesy" chrome logo jerseys is....kids like that stuff, and kids get those jerseys and grow up rooting for the logo and then the team itself when they are smart enough

Mory Schneideur*

All jokes aside, this is the perfect way to set yourself and your franchise up for failure. Kids will grow up wearing "ugly" sweaters from other teams, not ours. They will see stuff in stores for other teams, not ours.

Would it really be so horrible to deviate from the green retros with a chrome logo?

Would this be so bad that our franchise will go down in flames?

24zwy1j.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
All jokes aside, this is the perfect way to set yourself and your franchise up for failure. Kids will grow up wearing "ugly" sweaters from other teams, not ours. They will see stuff in stores for other teams, not ours.

Would it really be so horrible to deviate from the green retros with a chrome logo?

24zwy1j.png

I recall the years when it was hard to find Devils gear in stores in NJ while Rags stuff was everywhere.

The Devils should never forget that and do all they can to make their merchandise as available as possible.

That is if they want to grow the fanbase.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
I'm not asking for a new style jersey with a stupid chrome logo. All I want is a chance to buy the red-green throwbacks they've been wearing the last few St. Patrick's Days.

MountainGoat

24zwy1j.png
that is one of the ugliest logo's I've ever seen

what the hell is wrong with our jerseys anyway? those christmas jeresys are perfect

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I'm not asking for a new style jersey with a stupid chrome logo. All I want is a chance to buy the red-green throwbacks they've been wearing the last few St. Patrick's Days.

Exactly!!!! Slap a Stadium patch on the Retro Jersey and start selling them. Sell Replicas and the Officials. I would scoop one up in a heartbeat!

It really is confusing to me that there are people pleading to part with their money and this team won't offer a way to make it happen

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
While you guys are definitely making valid points about the Devils not doing enough in a lot of these areas, did you ever think that maybe Rebook isn't willing to make the jerseys? Unfortunately, if the numbers aren't looking like they'll be there for Rebook to buy the materials, make the jerseys, take the time away of making better selling jerseys, etc. they just won't make the retro replicas you want.

Do the Devils not do enough in marketing most of the time? Sure.
Are they the only ones to blame? Nope.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
While you guys are definitely making valid points about the Devils not doing enough in a lot of these areas, did you ever think that maybe Rebook isn't willing to make the jerseys? Unfortunately, if the numbers aren't looking like they'll be there for Rebook to buy the materials, make the jerseys, take the time away of making better selling jerseys, etc. they just won't make the retro replicas you want.

Do the Devils not do enough in marketing most of the time? Sure.
Are they the only ones to blame? Nope.

That is certainly a valid point. I could see Reebok saying that "we'll make a Jersey to sell but it has to be a new "special" one, cheap to make and we'll flood the area with it but only on those conditions"

If so that is unfortunate and I do believe they are missing a decent market by not producing the Jersey the team will wear that day

Loyal Lou

Oct 25, 2013
Rutherford
Its already confirmed that the Devils will wear their normal retro jerseys sans chrome. Why mess with something that is already good? It looks better than all the other ones any way. Slap the patch on and call it a day.

BcH6gm9IAAA5fhx.jpg

Last edited:

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
I recall the years when it was hard to find Devils gear in stores in NJ while Rags stuff was everywhere.

The Devils should never forget that and do all they can to make their merchandise as available as possible.

That is if they want to grow the fanbase.
It's still like that. In the mall by me, Champs has Penguins, Rangers, Jets, Giants, Mets, Yankees, Nets, Knicks, and a bunch of random college shirts. In Modell's, I'd say about 80% of the hockey stuff is Rangers. In New Jersey. :shakehead

Mory Schneideur*

It's still like that. In the mall by me, Champs has Penguins, Rangers, Jets, Giants, Mets, Yankees, Nets, Knicks, and a bunch of random college shirts. In Modell's, I'd say about 80% of the hockey stuff is Rangers. In New Jersey. :shakehead

"Status Quo." -NJ Devils Marketing & Front Office

Man, we are winning fans over, new and old alike, with this brilliant strategy!

Mory Schneideur*

You do realize the stores decide what they sell right? The Devils can't make a store carry their merchandise

Oh please, lets be real. The merchandise is not in stores because the Devils do a poor job producing, licensing and pushing it out there to be sold.

Even the Devils Den is a half way joke and that's located in the Rock :laugh:

Lets stop polishing turds here for once and stop making excuses.

Let this sink in too, Penguins merchandise is sold in NJ, yet NJ Devils stuff, for the most part is not. :laugh: Yeah buddy! :laugh:

Status Quo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Oh please, lets be real. The merchandise is not in stores because the Devils do a poor job producing, licensing and pushing it out there to be sold.

Even the Devils Den is a half way joke and that's located in the Rock :laugh:

Lets stop polishing turds here for once and stop making excuses.

Let this sink in too, Penguins merchandise is sold in NJ, yet NJ Devils stuff, for the most part is not. :laugh: Yeah buddy! :laugh:

Status Quo.

The Devils also don't run the Devils Den... We're not saying the Devils are perfect marketers, but your pinning them for something that isn't their fault.

Mory Schneideur*

The Devils also don't run the Devils Den... We're not saying the Devils are perfect marketers, but your pinning them for something that isn't their fault.

Alright, I can agree with that. I'm not complaining for the same of complaining. I'm just sick of seeing the team make poor decision after poor decision & I'm sick of kids in NJ growing up Penguins and Rangers fans.

I understand that unfortunately that is "Status Quo" with our organization, but when will they start waking up and when we finally stop turning a blind eye?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Alright, I can agree with that. I'm not complaining for the same of complaining. I'm just sick of seeing the team make poor decision after poor decision & I'm sick of kids in NJ growing up Penguins and Rangers fans.

I understand that unfortunately that is "Status Quo" with our organization, but when will they start waking up and when we finally stop turning a blind eye?

Kids always follow a winner - with the Pens have been lately. And so many of their parents and families are Rangers fans, and there's nothing to do about that.

You're oversimplifying a problem and just saying it's status quo. There's more Devils fans now then ever before, and their brand is growing in exciting ways.

For the sake of argument, there's plenty of Devils fans in other markets - what do you think their local team's fans think about that? The same exact thing. Nothing you can do about it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Champps is a affiliated msg store and modells is not one of our sponsors.

But most modells in NJ carry just as much or more Devils gear than rag.

One by you prob sold out of Devils stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad