Confirmed with Link: Stadium Series Jerseys Released (Post #87)

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
My 2 cents-

#1-These are horrible. Couldn't be worse. They look like they were designed by a 10 year old.
#2-Why do we need a new jersey every 5 minutes? The original Isles jerseys are some of the nicest in sports.
If fans didn’t gobble them up, then they wouldn’t do it. The profit margin on jerseys is huge.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'm actually surprised the NHL doesn't do what many soccer leagues do. Redesign the uniform (kit) every year. Logo and color scheme stay the same but the design is always different. Hard core fans buy a new one every year.
Shhh, don't give them any ideas.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
FWIW, the jersey looks a lot better in the images on the IslesLab site than in the "subway" images from the other day. Maybe I'll reserve judgment until seeing them in the actual game....

View attachment 812202
Still looks terrible to me. I'm totally fine with the colors, stripes, what have you...it's just that damn ship font that screams "we were running out of time on this project" or "the main creative director quit midway" lol.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Hmm, now we know where the Isles' jersey design came from, LOL.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hmm, now we know where the Isles' jersey design came from, LOL.
Coincidentally, Joe Malone, along with Angus McGillicuddy and Alfredo Fettuccine, formed the famed "Plimsoll Line" for Quebec. :nod:

• Haha
Reactions: beach

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
As I had mentioned in a previous thread, the stadium series jersey really grew on us after seeing it in-person. However, I have to say the way this has been handled is horrendous. First they wait until the last second to release them. Then they say they will not be on sale at the game. Then they say customized jerseys will not be available until after the game.
Then they make just four pre-ordered players available that can be purchased before the game, and lets be honest two of those players (Pelech and Lee), nobody wants. So now already a week before they will supposedly be available at the team store and only a few days after they went on sale Isles Lab is already saying they are out of stock for half the sizes of the Horvat jersey and several of the Sorokin sizes are also not available.
The whole NHL botched this, but a quick check on the Rags store shows they at least have 6-8 players available for immediate purchase.
If you are only going to have 4 players, then to spread out the sales it should have been Dobson, Nelson and Barzal instead of Pelech and Lee. Nobody in their right mind is spending 280 to buy a Pelech jersey so of course everybody is buying Horvat. Anybody with a brain could have foreseen this.

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
As I had mentioned in a previous thread, the stadium series jersey really grew on us after seeing it in-person. However, I have to say the way this has been handled is horrendous. First they wait until the last second to release them. Then they say they will not be on sale at the game. Then they say customized jerseys will not be available until after the game.
Then they make just four pre-ordered players available that can be purchased before the game, and lets be honest two of those players (Pelech and Lee), nobody wants. So now already a week before they will supposedly be available at the team store and only a few days after they went on sale Isles Lab is already saying they are out of stock for half the sizes of the Horvat jersey and several of the Sorokin sizes are also not available.
The whole NHL botched this, but a quick check on the Rags store shows they at least have 6-8 players available for immediate purchase.
If you are only going to have 4 players, then to spread out the sales it should have been Dobson, Nelson and Barzal instead of Pelech and Lee. Nobody in their right mind is spending 280 to buy a Pelech jersey so of course everybody is buying Horvat. Anybody with a brain could have foreseen this.
I agree that they look much better in person, but I am still not going to spend 280 on a jersey with that much orange in it.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I did buy the Fanatics Horvat jersey ...did anyone buy the jersey or any other Stadium Series merchandise?
The fanatics replica looks nothing like the authentic stadium series. We know the fanatics quality is not great but usually they at least look pretty close to the corresponding authentic. But in this case its entirely different. The "Isles" stripe looks twice as thick and the colors look entirely different.

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
The fanatics replica looks nothing like the authentic stadium series. We know the fanatics quality is not great but usually they at least look pretty close to the corresponding authentic. But in this case its entirely different. The "Isles" stripe looks twice as thick and the colors look entirely different.
We will see, from the ones I looked at I could tell no difference.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 9.10.26 AM.png

It's still pretty dang awful, but I do like it more as a full uniform. Don't confuse that with me likiing it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad