Confirmed with Link: Stadium Series Jerseys Released (Post #87)

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Honestly all four jerseys are terrible they look like the came from Sears.

Edit: Showed my wife and daughter the Jerseys and they both liked them, so I guess it's just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Meh, I don’t mind the isles jersey, but I’m not rushing out to buy one.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
This is the ugliest jersey in team history. It’s beyond putrid.
no it's not. the black "Islanders" was the worst. I'd even go so far as to say the wavy classic logo was worse than this also.

All in all this jersey is more stupid than ugly. I mean, whatever, it's not a complete eyesore. But it's still really really really dumb.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
no it's not. the black "Islanders" was the worst. I'd even go so far as to say the wavy classic logo was worse than this also.

All in all this jersey is more stupid than ugly. I mean, whatever, it's not a complete eyesore. But it's still really really really dumb.

Hopefully it’s never worn again after the stadium series.

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
Blowing 3rd period leads and creating ugly jerseys are two things I will always expect from the Islanders.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
What an ugly jersey. This is literally the “smashville” jersey the Preds had from the stadium series a couple of years ago, which was also stupid

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
I have had the day to think about it — and yeah — they are still horrifically bad! They are just about the worst jersey they have ever had.

They cannot get this right because you are kind of starting from a bad space.

I love the NYI logo because of what it stands for — and for me, the memories. I was lucky enough to watch that logo carry the Stanley Cup 4 times. So I have a love for it.

But speaking as a professional designer – its kind of terrible. So it is hard to generate something great from something not so great.

I have heard people suggesting a lighthouse as a third symbol. I gave something like that a go if you look at my avatar. Its crisp, clean and perfect as a shoulder patch. I am not sure it evokes excitement.

I think a new logo altogether for this team is a bad idea. Not with the history the franchise has connected to it. If they want to create a new mark for a third jersey — great. But whatever happens — do not let the adidas "creative" team, the nhl design team or the current NYI marketing and design teams near the project.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What an ugly jersey. This is literally the “smashville” jersey the Preds had from the stadium series a couple of years ago, which was also stupid
A friend of mine pointed that out. They could have put STRONG ISLAND on our jerey and it wouldn't have been so blech.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
FWIW, the jersey looks a lot better in the images on the IslesLab site than in the "subway" images from the other day. Maybe I'll reserve judgment until seeing them in the actual game....

1706465326350.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SI90 and Kevin27NYI

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
ISLES written is awful

I mean, I agree but maybe if it had more to it such as outline of LI or NY logo in the background etc it would not feel bad, I feel like im looking at a license plate when I look at the jersey.
Absolute garbage...I just don't have the words to describe this abomination. Did we expect any better?
Yes, we expected a ton better considering the multiple fan concept ideas actually looked like someone put thought into them.
That jersey is awful. I honestly cannot even believe how bad it is. The various fakes we saw are better. This might be THE worst jersey in Isles history...and that is saying something. Embarrassing that this is what they came up with after all this time.
As annoyed as I was when it got unveiled it is slowly growing on me, that may also be the fear of missing out on new Isles merch also for a game we play in once in a bluemoon.
ISLES should be in white.

And it should be 'ISLES' that is f***ing lame

It should be the outline of Long Island.
I think the outline in white would make it pop more, add outline of long island in large with either the NY logo or Isles in smaller font would make it look much better.
Rangers and Philly way better. I don’t know what it is but I hate just 2 colors. White outlines would have been a lot better and not a fan of “isles”

Would have preferred our logo or an alternate logo.
Agreed

Ah yes, the Plimsoll Line of course

Isles staffer: How can we relate this design to fisherman, sea or boats

chatgpt: ...I got you!

This team is in hell everywhere. Bad jerseys, bad contracts, bad play
1706551866182.png

"in one of the largest chest stripes adidas has ever made for the NHL."

Like a large stripe is a groundbreaking moment in jersey design.
I laugh hard because the NHL rep said the designs were very bold and futuristic ...then the Isles alumni team hold the jerseys and say they love how old school it is haha

These were 100% created by Lane Lambert, that’s the only explanation here
<iframe src="Jack Nicholson Yes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="379" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

I have had the day to think about it — and yeah — they are still horrifically bad! They are just about the worst jersey they have ever had.

They cannot get this right because you are kind of starting from a bad space.

I love the NYI logo because of what it stands for — and for me, the memories. I was lucky enough to watch that logo carry the Stanley Cup 4 times. So I have a love for it.

But speaking as a professional designer – its kind of terrible. So it is hard to generate something great from something not so great.

I have heard people suggesting a lighthouse as a third symbol. I gave something like that a go if you look at my avatar. Its crisp, clean and perfect as a shoulder patch. I am not sure it evokes excitement.

I think a new logo altogether for this team is a bad idea. Not with the history the franchise has connected to it. If they want to create a new mark for a third jersey — great. But whatever happens — do not let the adidas "creative" team, the nhl design team or the current NYI marketing and design teams near the project.

It looks like they wanted to incorporate a two-tone design specifically for Isles with very minimal white, I think if they reduced the size of the orange stripe had a outline of LI with the NY hockey stick logo in center it would look good, they could even of had NEW above the stripe and YORK below it etc but the design itself is very lazy to say the least.

.......With all that being said ...I will probably end up getting one!

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Meh, whatever. At least they're not all orange! lol

"Isles" is kind of a weird thing to put on the jersey. "NYI" probably would have been better.

Reactions: Throttle

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Meh, whatever. At least they're not all orange! lol

"Isles" is kind of a weird thing to put on the jersey. "NYI" probably would have been better.
Rangers and Islanders both have the err twitter hashtags for the teams. The flyers and devils hashtags wouldn't work.

So basically what I'm saying is that I think it's funny that the NHL is embracing twitter hashtags, a platform that will either go dark, or operate fully as a disinfo site in 2025.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
That jersey is awful. I honestly cannot even believe how bad it is. The various fakes we saw are better. This might be THE worst jersey in Isles history...and that is saying something. Embarrassing that this is what they came up with after all this time.
What the NHL should keep doing is marketing to people that don't and never will actually watch hockey. That's a recipe for success.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
My 2 cents-

#1-These are horrible. Couldn't be worse. They look like they were designed by a 10 year old.
#2-Why do we need a new jersey every 5 minutes? The original Isles jerseys are some of the nicest in sports.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
My 2 cents-

#1-These are horrible. Couldn't be worse. They look like they were designed by a 10 year old.
#2-Why do we need a new jersey every 5 minutes? The original Isles jerseys are some of the nicest in sports.
I'm actually surprised the NHL doesn't do what many soccer leagues do. Redesign the uniform (kit) every year. Logo and color scheme stay the same but the design is always different. Hard core fans buy a new one every year.

Reactions: doublechili

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad