Confirmed with Link: Stadium Series Jerseys Released (Post #87)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yeah. I never liked the wavy stripes

I'd be surprised if they went with a straight up reproduction for the Stadium Series but Lamoriello doesn't like third jerseys so they just might.

I have that exact jersey from when I was a kid. Guess I don't need to buy a new one.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I'd be surprised if they went with a straight up reproduction for the Stadium Series but Lamoriello doesn't like third jerseys so they just might.

I have that exact jersey from when I was a kid. Guess I don't need to buy a new one.
The RR fisherman was under Lou’s watch - forced by the league for every team to have one, but the Isles RR could have been a simple tweak to the original crest and jersey, if Lou didn’t want the fisherman. LAK didn’t do the Burger King twice so there’s precedent there.

The RR fisherman was a ballsy move, the product seems to have sold very well, so in the end, it worked.

How about something interesting, go with the updated teal blue from the RR as the primary color. (Like the Sharks) and use the fisherman? I still think the Isles are going with something ‘NY’ branded as the logo.

Last edited:
Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The RR fisherman was under Lou’s watch - forced by the league for every team to have one, but the Isles RR could have been a simple tweak to the original crest and jersey, if Lou didn’t want the fisherman. LAK didn’t do the Burger King twice so there’s precedent there.

The RR fisherman was a ballsy move, the product seems to have sold very well, so in the end, it worked.

How about something interesting, go with the updated teal blue from the RR as the primary color. (Like the Sharks) and use the fisherman? I still think the Isles are going with something ‘NY’ branded as the logo.

The RR and original Stadium Series sets had mandated requirements per the NHL so I'm not sure how simple they would've been allowed to go. Seems like in recent years the Stadium Series has gotten more leeway though so we'll see what they do. Lamoriello seems like he'd be micromanaging the shit out of something like this or completely ignore it and let the design team do whatever, so long as they hit the necessary requirements. Either way, I just hope it's good. I'd love something new and fresh though.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
If they just gave us that jersey it would be a massive disappointment. Par for the course with pretty much any new jersey we ever get.

Though the RR is great, but I never understand why the wavy at the bottom doesn't connect. It makes it look like a production mistake.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
It’s crazy we are a month out and such little detail have been announced. I got surprised with tickets for Christmas to go with my Ranger fan friend I’d love to know what the jerseys will be.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
They clearly don't want to sell any of these things.

I feel like if I were in charge, I'd make sure that all of the specialty jerseys (for all teams) were available to purchase for the holiday season. It just makes no sense that teams get new jerseys for these specialty games, but fans can't purchase them for christmas. I mean what is the financial advantage of them waiting? So they can charge people more at the stadium the day of the game? I mean they can do that anyway.

I don't pretend to know much about marketing, but this seems like what the league/Isles are doing is only going to hurt sales in the future.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I fail to understand the logic. Why not let people buy these things as holiday presents.
My guess is to promote and focus on the Winter Classic game. Thereafter, shorten the window to create demand for the stadium series game.

The same people buying for Xmas will probably buy in that window and the time after the game. The difference is probably negligible. The manufacturer and the league already have 10 years of data on sold and unsold inventory plus by day, week, month, by seller, location, etc.

They probably sell more in that 2-4 week window vs. a longer window, including Xmas. Partly, the game also promotes multiple purchases of various items. Selling before that would typically reduce purchases to single items.

Last edited:

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
It’s the NHL marketing department. You need to set the bar real low and then go below it.

I wish the NHL just had a revamp of the commish and most of their departments, they are still a ways behind of the other professional leagues in my opinion.

My guess is to promote and focus on the Winter Classic game. Thereafter, shorten the window to create demand for the stadium series game.

The same people buying for Xmas will probably buy in that window and the time after the game. The difference is probably negligible. The manufacturer and the league already have 10 years of data on sold and unsold inventory plus by day, week, month, by seller, location, etc.

They probably sell more in that 2-4 week window vs. a longer window, including Xmas. Partly, the game also promotes multiple purchases of various items. Selling before that would typically reduce purchases to single items.

See, I would disagree, the hockey jersey community is massive and would buy multiple if made available and I also think winter classic and stadium series are both close enough together that it would create more of a buzz having them all unveiled at the same time, though reality is we are just over a month away and nothing has been released yet?

What they should of done was release WC gear first at thanksgiving then after first week in December release the stadium series gear

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

Brings up the idea that the ASG captains may get to choose which color jersey they wear. An interesting idea, even if the jerseys are pretty cartoonish.

Speculates that the Isles Stadium Series jersey will be Navy. Also talks a bit more about the Rangers 3rd jersey. Not gonna lie, I kind of like it. I mean I hate it, Rangers suck, it's awful worst jersey ever burn it to the ground...but yeah I kinda like it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad