Confirmed with Link: Stadium Series Jerseys Released (Post #87)

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Speaking as a pro artist and graphic designer — it never surprises me to see that the NYI, NHL and Adidis completely rogered the NY Islanders and its fans yet again with the most horrifically horribly designed jersey and unitofm it could possibly create.

I would rather be nude standing at the north pole and freeze to death then wear this disaster.

I don't think one could try harder to be bad at art, design and uniform development. Holy F_ing cr@polla.

The NYI classic look — while poor design in my opinion — really cannot be changed or manipulated to be "better." They just have to stop. Of all the jerseys and uniforms they have worn for 51 years — this is the worst and second place is not even close.

Reactions: Osakahaus

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I like it.

rags looks sweet.

Devils good and Flyers meh

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Speaking as a pro artist and graphic designer — it never surprises me to see that the NYI, NHL and Adidis completely rogered the NY Islanders and its fans yet again with the most horrifically horribly designed jersey and unitofm it could possibly create.

I would rather be nude standing at the north pole and freeze to death then wear this disaster.

I don't think one could try harder to be bad at art, design and uniform development. Holy F_ing cr@polla.

The NYI classic look — while poor design in my opinion — really cannot be changed or manipulated to be "better." They just have to stop. Of all the jerseys and uniforms they have worn for 51 years — this is the worst and second place is not even close.
Even worse than the ISLANDERS in horizontal font?

Reactions: Throttle

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Those "Bolts" and "Smashville" jerseys make me think we could be seeing something like "ISLES".... Maybe in diagonal caps like the old LI Ducks jerseys?
I speculated "ISLES" correctly, but definitely had the retro Ducks jersey idea wrong. I guess having the "Plimsoll line" diagonally would make it look like a sinking ship? :rolleyes:

I'd rank them in a 4 way tie for last. The Devs and Flyers are both kind of boring takeoffs on their regular jerseys. The Isles and NYR would look much better with smaller lettering. Make the orange stripe less wide and "ISLES" smaller and it might have been better.

As for the worst NYI jersey ever, I'm not sure anything could ever be worse than these abominations:

1706293984560.png

1706294083341.png

1706294288721.png

Reactions: Osakahaus

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Worst Isles Jerseys for me now in order:

1) Black, gray, orange, Islanders monstrosity.

2) RBK Edge 2009ish Piping Jerseys

3) ISLES

4) Brooklyn Black

5) Current Pilgrims 3rd

Really something to me that in the history of the franchise they've had nothing but bad jerseys save for the originals and the early 2000s Navy's and white setup. I personally like the fisherman but ik it's divisive. Completely insane to me that they haven't seen the million lighthouse or similar themed mockups over the years and tried one of those instead of whatever the f*** they've been pumping out the last 10-15 years. It's not that hard!

Reactions: Silent Cal

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Devs/PHI are the logos. Isles/rangers are letter based.

It’s alright. Prefer the navy blue with the orange without any white, if you have to have orange.

Seems like for continuity sake, maybe just follow the NYR and do NYI lettering - different font of course?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I speculated "ISLES" correctly, but definitely had the retro Ducks jersey idea wrong. I guess having the "Plimsoll line" diagonally would make it look like a sinking ship? :rolleyes:

I'd rank them in a 4 way tie for last. The Devs and Flyers are both kind of boring takeoffs on their regular jerseys. The Isles and NYR would look much better with smaller lettering. Make the orange stripe less wide and "ISLES" smaller and it might have been better.

As for the worst NYI jersey ever, I'm not sure anything could ever be worse than these abominations:

View attachment 810891

View attachment 810892

View attachment 810896
I've always liked the third one. Its unique

From my honest to god opinion, these aren't the worst. They look fine. I just think they overthinked and made it too simplistic.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

The islanders logo is too busy for current standards and also the stadium series - the NHL seems to be going with more easily identifiable marks/logos/patterns, etc.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

This is always the issue for me, but I do want them to change it (or have viable secondary and tertiary marks). They nailed the minimalist NY logo but they didn't build off that at all.

I don't think this is the worst jersey at all. Do you remember some of the others?

1706295261770.png

For me, that's the worst Islanders jersey of all time. My gut reaction is that this new Stadium Series jersey is better than the Black Death and Pumpkin ones for sure and is falling somewhere in that next tier that includes the original Fisherman and original Stadium Series Pilgrims. I think both reverse retros were better and despite the hate they get, the Brooklyn blacks.

If anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane for all the different jerseys the team has worn over the years: New York Islanders - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)

View attachment 810892
I wish they would do a proper orange alternate jersey of some kind. Those lines were just bizarre on that jersey.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The islanders logo is too busy for current standards and also the stadium series - the NHL seems to be going with more easily identifiable marks/logos/patterns, etc.

Some of the comments are always the the text is too large but what people who are sitting behind computer screens are forgetting is that these jerseys will be worn in a football stadium with the seats a hundred miles away. The designers have to take that into account when making these things. They don't always nail it but there's at least a legitimate reason they're doing it.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Why the navy? That hasn't been in our color scheme for years, and only has been used for Reverse Retro, which makes some sense I suppose.

But out of the 4 teams,, we are the only ones using a color that isn't even in our color wheel. I don't get it.

The word mark is lame enough, but to also for some reason use navy? Wtf?

Reactions: HyeDray

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Some of the comments are always the the text is too large but what people who are sitting behind computer screens are forgetting is that these jerseys will be worn in a football stadium with the seats a hundred miles away. The designers have to take that into account when making these things. They don't always nail it but there's at least a legitimate reason they're doing it.
100% agree - that’s what I was alluding to.

Why the navy? That hasn't been in our color scheme for years, and only has been used for Reverse Retro, which makes some sense I suppose.

But out of the 4 teams,, we are the only ones using a color that isn't even in our color wheel. I don't get it.

The word mark is lame enough, but to also for some reason use navy? Wtf?
My guess is Navy is a more digestible color from a fashion design perspective vs. royal or whatever Islanders blue is called, which is too bright in the fashion context.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
someone's gonna buy a jersey and they're going to be that weird fan you never want to talk to.

View attachment 810812
This. Its to indicate how far a vessel can go underwater with cargo

The more I think about the more they should've just chopped the jersey in half with the blue on top and orange on the bottom, just like this picture.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

View attachment 810891

View attachment 810892

View attachment 810896
Looking back the water wings are like our 4th best overall look (sad). #1 is our classics 2 is current alta 3 is navy classic (peca yashin era)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad