Confirmed with Link: Stadium Series Jersey

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The " ville " is the reason I think the poster idea is bunk, its just something they came out with to try and explain why they had this weird " S " because they couldn't make it fit with a normal one. It appears to be the only letter that is actually a different style and font on the whole thing.

The numbers are different from each other ... Each S is different ... between the letters and crest the gold band in front has navy completely crossing it rather than keeping the letters within the band. So many small things that add up to leave this as a headscratcher. It will sell but I don't foresee it becoming a fan favorite.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The numbers are different from each other ... Each S is different ... between the letters and crest the gold band in front has navy completely crossing it rather than keeping the letters within the band. So many small things that add up to leave this as a headscratcher. It will sell but I don't foresee it becoming a fan favorite.
People will buy almost anything, I mean those Smash hats prove that.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
People will buy almost anything, I mean those Smash hats prove that.

The "SMASHVILLE" branding alone doesn't bother me. The execution on this jersey does. Go with wordmark or crest, not both in such a small area. Make the font height fit totally within the gold band on the front, not stretching into the navy parts above and below the band which created a total navy blur from shoulder to hem. They aimed for edgy and missed that edge.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
The "SMASHVILLE" branding alone doesn't bother me. The execution on this jersey does. Go with wordmark or crest, not both in such a small area. Make the font height fit totally within the gold band on the front, not stretching into the navy parts above and below the band which created a total navy blur from shoulder to hem. They aimed for edgy and missed that edge.
Almost like the blade came off their skate in the middle of a turn. Oops.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I guess I’m in the minority who likes it. The font could be better but it’s a great color scheme and the logo is good. Better than winter classic ones for sure

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I guess I’m in the minority who likes it. The font could be better but it’s a great color scheme and the logo is good. Better than winter classic ones for sure
It's growing on me, I'm starting to like it, too.

But I disagree about it being better than the Winter Classic jersey, I love that one, it's beautiful!

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I know opinions will always vary but 90% sure when we’re doing look backs in a decade this will be high up on the ‘worst jerseys in history of the NHL’ lists. It might be the worst. We also might not need to wait a decade.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Well, the Blues had this one

st-louis-blues.png

but were smart enough not to wear it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad