Confirmed with Link: Stadium Series Jersey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
We all knew that new jersey designs were for merchandising reasons more than anything else, but this makes it too transparent. If it's true what someone said about "Smashville" hats being top sellers, it's easy to imagine that a corporate executive saw that, too, and salivated at how much money jerseys saying the same would make.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We all knew that new jersey designs were for merchandising reasons more than anything else, but this makes it too transparent. If it's true what someone said about "Smashville" hats being top sellers, it's easy to imagine that a corporate executive saw that, too, and salivated at how much money jerseys saying the same would make.
Sounds likely.

Somebody miscalculated if so. Hats... while that hat might be popular, among hats, it's not like even 10% of the fans would wear a hat or buy that hat. Probably more like 1%. And that's for an item at about 10% of the cost of a jersey. At the pricetag of a jersey, and with a far higher percentage of the fanbase likely being at least "interested" in buying one, they should have done some extra research.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I ran a twitter poll.

A) taught me how few people follow my twitter

B) the choices were either; buy the jersey or get COVID

COVID won.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The Preds and Adidas likely had a team of people spend months coming up with this design.

Then you have one guy one twitter with 24 hours to fix it...

And this guy isn’t even saying this is what he would have proposed. He’s just trying to take all of the same design elements and make them suck less. Great job. Really makes you wonder about the people who thought the final design was the right one.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Well crap, 24+ hours later and no April Fool's in December statement from the team. Guess we are stuck with them.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
A day later, it's not as bad as my first reaction thought. Still not crazy about it, but don't hate it either.

Also, still waiting to see that Canoli with a hockey stick jersey!

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
20211204_172504.jpg

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You know looking at it, if they had left either the lettering or the pick off it probably would have been fine. Would have probably left them more room to play up the lettering or room to just have simple clean jersey.

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
I'm coming in from Raleigh for the game and was thinking about getting a jersey to commemorate the game, but after seeing the design - that's a big NOPE

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The E in Ville is as large as the SH in Smash. It looks like the whole center part is just a patch on navy jersey. I really hope no one is wearing these at the actual game.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Count me in the it’s growing on me crowd.

Move the captains’s C out of the armpit and make the numbers on the back yellow and I’m in.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The next day, I still can't get over it. The colors are fantastic, the material looks good, the striping pattern is fine. But that damn Smashville... It would have been fine if they tossed that slogan along the bottom or something, but this billboard/poster design is just not pleasant. So close, yet so far away.
I can't find it now that I'm looking for it, of course, but "Smashville" was a direct copy of another jersey--just had a different name across the front. Up to that point I didn't like it but that's just dialing it in.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I wonder who got paid and how much to come up with that. Honestly, teams would be FAR better off just letting the public throw designs at them, pick the 3 best, put it to a fan vote on a website somewhere. Voila. You'll get a better jersey, you'll empower and engage the fans, you'll sell more of them. Profit.
:dunno:

I would seriously love to know the exact process behind it- I would pay money to know. Who exactly is responsible for coming up with the design? Is it a group of people? One person? How much is Adidas involved? Is it tested at all with a focus group, etc? What about the Preds front office/orginization? How involved are they? Is there not ANYONE in the front office who looked at the final product and said "NO- that is not good enough"? With the fan reaction being almost 100% negative, how in the world can NO ONE in connected with the franchise stand up and say that it is not good enough? Who exactly has the power to veto/shut down a design??

Just so disappointing. I was so looking forward to a new jersey, but there is ZERO chance I am getting one of these....

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Not growing on me.

With mixed letterpress posters, the posters use color, graphics, arrangement, etc. to sell the band and give the venue, date, etc. It's not just a bright yellow piece of cardboard with ElVis printed across it. Other than the guitar pick, which seems to get lost, its just letters on a big field of yellow. And those letters layout isn't even that artful. The "VILLE" just looks like a line of the same/very similar thick font.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not growing on me.

With mixed letterpress posters, the posters use color, graphics, arrangement, etc. to sell the band and give the venue, date, etc. It's not just a bright yellow piece of cardboard with ElVis printed across it. Other than the guitar pick, which seems to get lost, its just letters on a big field of yellow. And those letters layout isn't even that artful. The "VILLE" just looks like a line of the same/very similar thick font.
The " ville " is the reason I think the poster idea is bunk, its just something they came out with to try and explain why they had this weird " S " because they couldn't make it fit with a normal one. It appears to be the only letter that is actually a different style and font on the whole thing.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad