GDT: Stadium Series Alumni Game: Avalanche vs Red Wings | 5 PM MT | February 26, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Blake's shirt after the game..

z6yFMmI.png

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Haha I knew they would. That was kinda ridiculous. Literally like 50-1 in Avs highlights. Solid troll job by someone.

IcedMaidenDeth

Feb 7, 2010
New Jersey

Haha I knew they would. That was kinda ridiculous. Literally like 50-1 in Avs highlights. Solid troll job by someone.

It was kind of embarrassing, even if the Avs were the home team. How do you end a video package of this rivalry using something other than the statue of liberty goal?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The game was in Denver. Why would it be any different?

Out of respect for how good both teams were, and that they showed it to both teams before the game. Not that I care as an Avs fan. I'd be pissed watching it if it was reversed though.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Out of respect for how good both teams were. Not that I care as an Avs fan. I'd be pissed watching it if it was reversed though.

Oh I would be too but if the game was in Detroit and it were reversed is fully understand regardless of how pissed I am.

IcedMaidenDeth

Feb 7, 2010
New Jersey
Out of respect for how good both teams were, and that they showed it to both teams before the game. Not that I care as an Avs fan. I'd be pissed watching it if it was reversed though.

Yeah, for many people watching it was probably THE sports rivalry of their lifetime and this was not an accurate representation of everything they loved and grew up with. Youtubers have put together better presentations on this rivalry.

I mean I didn't really mind as an Avs fan, but it felt a little off.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LoseTheCorsiWinTheGame.jpg

:nod:

JB you got your Holmstrom smash by Bourque. Game was slow, but loved every minute of it, loved how much McCarty was boo'd. Love those "Kiss" Avs fans from the 1990s. Loved just the atmosphere. Hated the announcing. My friend was at the game and sent me a couple of pictures for sight and it was actually and surprisingly very good (but he's a STH, so he got first dibs).

Last edited:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Loved seeing Holmstrom get put down.

Question do you guys feel like the rivalry still exists?? Personally I will hate the red wings until the day that I die, but I get that some of you think it is dead.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
CbxhzsV.jpg

That was just an incredible experience to get to attend. I was smiling from the second those guys took the ice and I'm still smiling right now.

I got to relive my childhood and watch some of my favorite players take the ice one more time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Question do you guys feel like the rivalry still exists?? Personally I will hate the red wings until the day that I die, but I get that some of you think it is dead.

It died in 07 my friend...and I hate to say it but we lost.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
It died in 07 my friend...and I hate to say it but we lost.

Agreed. I have little but respect for those Red Wings teams now. All the Wings fans at the game seemed to feel the same way. It was a really awesome environment, everyone was just enjoying a fun exhibition game with our favorite players.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I went tonight and it was unreal. The players on the ice hold such a special place in my heart it is hard to describe. I never have been so happy at sporting event as I was tonight it was simply a magical experience. Met a really cool Wings fan and talked for a good 30 minutes about the rivalry and hockey. I took a ton of photos so I will be uploading this evening after I edit them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

It's crystal clear it is for the guys that played during it. Not the new teams though because they didn't play during those games.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Coming in on this at the last minute - is there a tv replay of this?

Altitude replaying it at 10p Denver time.

Had a total blast. Not as many Wings fans as I expected but still too many.

Chelios booing the crowd back and Ricci doing the cross before his penalty shot were both hilarious. Loved the old Kamensky-Lemieux-Forsberg line scoring first. Chemistry was still there.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I found this bit of the History of Hockey in Colorado interesting. Perhaps hinting we are going to transition to the logo on the third?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad