GDT: Stadium Series Alumni Game: Avalanche vs Red Wings | 5 PM MT | February 26, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think my favorite part of this event is that for all the hate and angst this rivalry brought out of me during those years, the respect I have for guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Kozlov, Federov, Bowman, etc etc down the line is so high.

The rivalry really did cement my love of this game, because even after years of a mean and nasty rivalry, both organizations were filled with some of the best and classiest players I've ever watched on the ice.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Super awesome night. Everyone already said the good stuff.

I'm watching the DVR now, and it's funny, I will say that it looks faster on TV than it did in person. They were pretty slow, lol. Seemed faster as the game progressed, things loosened up.

I was thinking, a lot of the Avs still live in CO, but I doubt any of the Wings do. The altitude much have been a ***** for them.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's much older but you can still tell what an elegant player Kamensky was.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
This was such a blast. And the guys actually cared. People have already mentioned Roy's diving save and Klemm blocking shots and Bourque knocking Homer on his ass. I noticed in the third, there were a few shifts where the guys really gave it their all. You could tell the Wings wanted to get back in the game, and the Avs were not letting that happen. The intensity was there; it was great to see everyone's competitive nature still out there.

For me, this puts an official cap on the rivalry. It was a spirited way to bring it to a close. I'll always have a little bit of hate for the winged wheel, and I'll never feel right picking up one of their guys for my fantasy teams, but for me it's done. I've got a lot of respect for the guys we saw last night and a few of them that still play in Detroit, so I feel the "rivalry" is getting much more friendly.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
What an incredible night. Great crowd, perfect weather, all the guys shining that you wanted to see. Some of the nostalgia tributes got me in the feels but the topper on the cake was the mixed team photos they took at the end.

Amazeballs. Exactly as I hoped it would be. Now let's get a solid 2 points tonight!

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
This was such a blast. And the guys actually cared. People have already mentioned Roy's diving save and Klemm blocking shots and Bourque knocking Homer on his ass. I noticed in the third, there were a few shifts where the guys really gave it their all. You could tell the Wings wanted to get back in the game, and the Avs were not letting that happen. The intensity was there; it was great to see everyone's competitive nature still out there.

Yeah the last few minutes were pretty cool, it was as if they said, Well, we've made it this far w/o dying, let's open it up a bit now.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
What an incredible night. Great crowd, perfect weather, all the guys shining that you wanted to see. Some of the nostalgia tributes got me in the feels but the topper on the cake was the mixed team photos they took at the end.

Amazeballs. Exactly as I hoped it would be. Now let's get a solid 2 points tonight!

Well I was glad to see it was a predominantly Avs crowd as there are a lot of Wings fans in CO and I even met some that flew in for the game. Everyone had a great time including the Wings fans and their team.

Loved the spirited game. Both teams were giving the game their all. The intensity picked up later on although a couple of times the players were gassed.

Roy, Roy, Roy!!!

The mixed team photo was the best. The Avs are a classy organization. Wings have an outstanding organization too.

Hope that game inspires the kids to play their best. The alumni did their job. Now it's up to the kids.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wow Kane :amazed:

Looks like you had a GREAT night! Meeting Yzerman (must've been AWESOME for you!), and Roy/Forsberg.

Hope you had fun.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think my favorite part of this event is that for all the hate and angst this rivalry brought out of me during those years, the respect I have for guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Kozlov, Federov, Bowman, etc etc down the line is so high.

The rivalry really did cement my love of this game, because even after years of a mean and nasty rivalry, both organizations were filled with some of the best and classiest players I've ever watched on the ice.

I respect Yzerman and Lidstrom. The rest not so much.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Did anyone happen to rip a recording of the game onto a video file? Please PM me if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad