OT: Stacy Nattrass

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Man, people have opinions about everything. She's an anthem singer, I couldn't care less how she sings. She hasn't screwed up badly yet, so she can keep going, afaic.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
she's very meh....don't hate her, but Winnipeg is reknowned for our music and arts and I think we can do A LOT better.

She's an AHL level anthem singer in my books.

(I'm going to hell.)

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
She sings it in more of a classical, or operatic/theatrical way, as opposed to a modern 'pop' kind of way which most female anthem singers do at sporting events. Not sure if I like it; just a matter of personal preference.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
She sings it in more of a classical, or operatic/theatrical way, as opposed to a modern 'pop' kind of way which most female anthem singers do at sporting events. Not sure if I like it; just a matter of personal preference.

I hate when they do that. It's not American Idol. You don't need to add artistic flairs to a national anthem.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I think if Chevy is going to replace Stacey he should wait till the offseason when the anthem singer pool is much larger.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Don't love her, but she isn't "meh".

We need a "I like her" option.. she doesn't mess up much, she's pretty, I don't really see her as anything in need of change.

Not a big fan of the bagpipes, mostly because I hate bagpipes.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
She does a better job on the US anthem than O'Canada, unfortunately for her (and us) we are in Canada. Wish they would rotate the singers and hope they never, ever, ever use Maria Aragon.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Don't love her, but she isn't "meh".

We need a "I like her" option.. she doesn't mess up much, she's pretty, I don't really see her as anything in need of change.

This board is not the place for intermediate opinions. Everything around here is either love or hate! :sarcasm:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
She's no Greg Bartholomew, but there can only be one of him.

Feel free to Google that one.

m.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
i personally think countries anthems should be banned from sporting events has nothing to do with the game.

I would be okay if they just did the anthem of the country the game is being played. But it dosent really matter to me, think they still need AN anthem before a game, wouldn't feel right without it

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
she's very meh....don't hate her, but Winnipeg is reknowned for our music and arts and I think we can do A LOT better.

She's an AHL level anthem singer in my books.

(I'm going to hell.)

What? Dude, this lady is a musician! She sings both anthems with class, not the American Idol, run-happy, voice-flipping pop star wannabes we see in other markets. She goes out there and just sings it, and that's refreshing this day and age.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
What? Dude, this lady is a musician! She sings both anthems with class, not the American Idol, run-happy, voice-flipping pop star wannabes we see in other markets. She goes out there and just sings it, and that's refreshing this day and age.

I don't want some pop star.

silver95

Jul 28, 2012
I like her. She's the anthem singer, and she realizes that she isn't the main event which is a good thing.
I hate all those anthem singers that sing a super long, personalized version of the anthem cause they think everyone is there to see them.
What I hate even more is the ones that take it a step further like the guy who sings the anthem in Boston with the quadruple fist pump and waves to the crowd. It's like he thinks he's just finished putting on some epic concert or something. GET TO THE GAME ALREADY!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00