GDT: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks -- Game 5 | NBCSN, FSMW |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I think if we end up winning Games 6 and 7 to take the series, it will be because of Binnington and not in spite of him. Hopefully he is back in net tomorrow night and has his groove back. Putting up goose eggs in back to back games would be a nice way to move on. :naughty:

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I was so angry about the game that i couldn't sleep. I got up during the night and went for a walk to blow off steam. Now I'm over it, time to move on.
I’ve been really surprised at my emotional investment of these playoff games. The whole concept of no fans and a long break/ect didn’t have me very excited.

But once this series started I’ve been into it. I’m still at around a 5 out 10 compared to a normal playoffs year thou.

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
After a day of work (and thinking about the game last night more and more, lol), dropping in to say what I believe..

Binner's going to be a man on a frickin' mission - Man on Fire (Creasy) - and the Blues are going to dominate the next two games. I don't know about the next series, but I'm strongly considering finding a way to place a decent-sized bet that the Blues win this series.

Last edited:

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
Honestly, did anybody think Allen was going to be the guy we could ride on another playoff run? I'm not bashing him, but nothing in his history tells me he is going to steal games or become a wall in net over an extended period. Asking him to be a difference maker in three games over four nights is not who he is. I get the decision, though, you stay with the guy who has the hot hand or the team is responding to.

But, when the third Canuck goal went in last night, I caught myself mumbling that I knew that was inevitable.

The second goal bothered me as much. Two guys in white sweaters poking away at the puck just in front of the crease, and neither of them (if not both) wind up on their butts? Given the situation, it would have been worth a two-minute penalty to make a statement.

<Deep Breath> They proved me wrong after two periods of game 3, down 0-2. If they step up again in the next two games, we give credit to Jake for the two wins, breaking the momentum against us, and perhaps saving these playoffs....or whatever they are.

I doubt, given their history, that Canucks' fans were asking themselves this morning who they play in round 2. We are all too familiar with the process of looking up at the clear blue sky, trying to find the buzzards who are inevitably circling, ourselves.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So we give Binnington 5 bad games before we tell him to ride the bench. But after Allen has a bad 8 minute stretch in a single period after playing a great 3 games (he played great again Dallas and games 3 and 4) when everyone in front of him starting playing like cow manure we already want to stuff him into a cargo box with a return to STL label?

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So we give Binnington 5 bad games before we tell him to ride the bench. But after Allen has a bad 8 minute stretch in a single period after playing a great 3 games (he played great again Dallas and games 3 and 4) when everyone in front of him starting playing like cow manure we already want to stuff him into a cargo box with a return to STL label?

Yeah. Binnington's the starter/#1 and Allen is the backup. That's how it works. Starters get longer leashes than the backup does as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad