Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen
Motte-Beagle-Virtanen

Hughes-Tanev
Edler-Stecher
Fantenberg-Benn

Markstrom

Fun Fact:
Teams that win Game 5 to take a 3-2 lead in a best-of-7 playoff series are 211-58 all-time in the Stanley Cup Playoffs (78.4 percent).

Recap of the Blues in game 3 and 4
Vyk5iA.gif

If the Blues lose tonight I'll be a team player and cede my GDT duties after going 0-3 because I'm a good locker room guy.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Even if we do get Barby back tonight, it’s probably a good idea to have lowered expectations. It took our team around 6 games to look right. I don’t think it would be fair to expect Barby to jump right in like he never took time off. Granted, I am hoping that he will step onto the ice in 2019 playoff form.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Even if we do get Barby back tonight, it’s probably a good idea to have lowered expectations. It took our team around 6 games to look right. I don’t think it would be fair to expect Barby to jump right in like he never took time off. Granted, I am hoping that he will step onto the ice in 2019 playoff form.
It seems like so long ago, but he actually played against Chicago and Colorado, so he's not coming back in too cold. I don't feel like it will take him too long to get re-acclimated to his role.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Barby is going to tap the new Dad energy. Good for 1 free win. I'll take that tonight.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Looking ahead to tonight (because we still have almost NINE HOURS to wait until puck drop) I think I leave DLR in for the PK and draw MacMac out if Barbashev is ready. I think I probably reunite Bozak and Thomas - that combo just works and it would be nice to have Bozak there to back up Thomas for draws. Bozak can slide up in Kyrou's spot for a few shifts late if we're protecting a lead. Wouldn't mind seeing Bortuzzo back in there either, though we rarely see Berube tinker with the lineup after a win, but I'm thinking we go all out with our best PKers tonight just in case. Here's my preferred lineup for tonight:

17-90-57
9-10-33
12-18-21
49-61-70

72-27
6-55
4-41

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I'd put Barbashev in for MacEachern. I thought DLR looked decent and with how trigger happy the refs have shown to be, MacEachern is more of a risk due to his temper.

I agree with this. Have like DLRs play so far.

I think the key to tonight is to win the 1st period. Vancouver is going to have their energy up after b2b games. They are going to come out flying. If we can hold them at bay or even better, come out ahead after the first I think we can get in the young core's head and get them doubting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad