Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
tenor.gif

So pissed off I can't fall asleep. Thanks Blues

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
More Parayko than Pietrangelo for me. On defense especially, I expected Parayko to be more effective than he has been, but he's been lacking in all three zones.

On offense, they're both neutered a bit by circumstances. It's hard to freewheel as a defenseman against an explosive team if your teammates are struggling in their coverages and reads (rotating, support, etc.), and it's tough to key an effective breakout if your team isn't supporting the puck well coming out of their own end. So in general, I don't expect any individual defenseman to look as good as they would if this team was firing on all cylinders.

That said, I feel like I could count the notable Parayko individual efforts on one hand.
With Petro, I think he has been fine. However, he is just not bringing his usual elite game. He isn’t winning stick battles at the same rate. His passing is just ok. His defensive positioning is slightly off at times. He just isn’t where he was most of the year.

Parayko is looking bad by his standards. Slow reads. Blown coverages. He makes some nice rushes up the ice, but then doesn’t have the vision to do anything but dump it in or make a sloppy pass into someone’s skates. He should be pushing guys off pucks, but he instead swings his stick at the puck and misses often. He just isn’t bringing a smart game.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
:laugh: ... we have a cup ... and this season is a farce a round robin you say wtf is that ? ... this will be like the 94 - 95 season for me ... DELETE !
It's just infuriating how they folded after that 2nd goal tonight, they had the game in control with their play and the score and they just threw it away.

That said, I'm not going to be angry/disappointed for too long whenever this season ends considering the Cup win.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Well I’m glad these start times make it virtually impossible for me to stay up and watch on a work night. I don’t see either of these teams beating Vegas and/or Colorado but it’ll suck to go out in round 1.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Agreed with the switch to Allen. His magic went poof.

Back to Binnington as a last desperate hope.

Let's Go Blues. Stay in the bubble boys.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’d go with Binnington.

Either he plays like his normal self, or more of the same and it’s over. But I don’t see the Blues winning the next round vs Colorado or Vegas without prime form Binnington. If he can’t get to prime form this postseason, so be it. But I want to at least roll the dice that he can.

I refuse to get down on Allen. He came up big in a very difficult situation. Yesterday the team let up, not just a poor performance from him. I won’t be shocked if Chief sticks with Allen. But I think he won’t.

I still see the Blues winning this series if they have average or better goaltending. But I won’t be too disappointed if they go out. They aren’t clicking and the lay-off has really spoiled their synchronicity. I’m pretty skeptical they can win a 7 game series vs Colorado.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I’d go with Binnington.

Either he plays like his normal self, or more of the same and it’s over. But I don’t see the Blues winning the next round vs Colorado or Vegas without prime form Binnington. If he can’t get to prime form this postseason, so be it. But I want to at least roll the dice that he can.

I refuse to get down on Allen. He came up big in a very difficult situation. Yesterday the team let up, not just a poor performance from him. I won’t be shocked if Chief sticks with Allen. But I think he won’t.

I still see the Blues winning this series if they have average or better goaltending. But I won’t be too disappointed if they go out. They aren’t clicking and the lay-off has really spoiled their synchronicity. I’m pretty skeptical they can win a 7 game series vs Colorado.
I honestly think the only way Chief doesn't go back to Binnington is if he's hurt. I doubt that's the case because he's been the backup the last three games.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I’d go with Binnington.

I agree, Jake can play good when the team is also playing good, he just does not steal games as much as Binny can it seems, we needed him last night, hes not the only reason we lost though

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
If tomorrow is the end, then what a year it has been for The Note. They’ll have the longest title reign of any team in the history of St. Louis sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad