GDT: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks -- Game 5 | NBCSN, FSMW |

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Anyone else disappointed by the play of Parayko and Petro so far?
More Parayko than Pietrangelo for me. On defense especially, I expected Parayko to be more effective than he has been, but he's been lacking in all three zones.

On offense, they're both neutered a bit by circumstances. It's hard to freewheel as a defenseman against an explosive team if your teammates are struggling in their coverages and reads (rotating, support, etc.), and it's tough to key an effective breakout if your team isn't supporting the puck well coming out of their own end. So in general, I don't expect any individual defenseman to look as good as they would if this team was firing on all cylinders.

That said, I feel like I could count the notable Parayko individual efforts on one hand.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
didn't think they played as bad as some of you are insinuating. Markstrom was just too good. It's not realistic for every game to be like Monday's

Reactions: MissouriMook

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
More Parayko than Pietrangelo for me. On defense especially, I expected Parayko to be more effective than he has been, but he's been lacking in all three zones.

On offense, they're both neutered a bit by circumstances. It's hard to freewheel as a defenseman against an explosive team if your teammates are struggling in their coverages and reads (rotating, support, etc.), and it's tough to key an effective breakout if your team isn't supporting the puck well coming out of their own end. So in general, I don't expect any individual defenseman to look as good as they would if this team was firing on all cylinders.

That said, I feel like I could count the notable Parayko individual efforts on one hand.

Parayko is one of my favorite players not on the Penguins and he’s been getting eaten alive by the Nucks. I’ve never seen him struggle with speed before, is this just an off series for him?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Going from Bouwmeester to Scandella is a huge difference. Scandella can't move the puck anywhere close to as well as Bouwmeester did. Parayko has a tendency to be slow at moving the puck and in general isn't the strongest at it, so having Bouwmeester was a big help for him.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
tenor.gif

How this game felt

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
didn't think they played as bad as some of you are insinuating. Markstrom was just too good. It's not realistic for every game to be like Monday's
I'm just seething because we already had the lead. and just stopped playing the last 10 minutes of the 2nd period and lost it. If we would have kept working and playing to our strengths I'm confident we hold that lead and get another before the end of the game.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
Parayko is one of my favorite players not on the Penguins and he’s been getting eaten alive by the Nucks. I’ve never seen him struggle with speed before, is this just an off series for him?

No one's talked about this, but I'm pretty sure Parayko was one of the players who tested positive for Covid-19. You don't know if he could be suffering some after effects from that, even if he had a very mild or asymptomatic case.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
they probably still win this series, but nobody from this series is winning the west, that much is clear after watching vegas and colorado.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I'm pissed off. They had the lead and just completely stopped playing and totally lost it. If they kept playing their game it would've been a different result and we wouldn't all be angry.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I'm pissed off. They had the lead and just completely stopped playing and totally lost it. If they kept playing their game it would've been a different result and we wouldn't all be angry.
been story of the series. we have literally gifted the canucks 3 wins due to pure stupidity, bad breaks and shit goals lol.

beating ourselves. it will actually be pretty impressive if they win this series while playing so stupid at times.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
been story of the series. we have literally gifted the canucks 3 wins due to pure stupidity, bad breaks and shit goals lol.

beating ourselves. it will actually be pretty impressive if they win this series while playing so stupid at times.
Let’s be honest here, it’s been mostly bad goaltending. Games 1-2 Binner was terrible and Jake let in 3 goals (2 weak) in 6 minutes. In a period the Blues has 18 shots on net.

Jake was good in games 3-4 but unfortunately we are going against a really good goalie. We are clearly the better team

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Let’s be honest here, it’s been mostly bad goaltending. Games 1-2 Binner was terrible and Jake let in 3 goals (2 weak) in 6 minutes. In a period the Blues has 18 shots on net.

Jake was good in games 3-4 but unfortunately we are going against a really good goalie. We are clearly the better team
bring on husso next year .. i dont think binny is the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad