GDT: St. Louis Blues vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Ha! The Pens were offside, but it wasn't called. Then, they're ever so barely offside, but it was caught. Good kill!! Very important that they didn't give up the lead at the end of the period.

Wiems35*

You know the Harlem Globetrotters? You know that team they play that no one remembers the name of... where the games are rigged in favor of the Globetrotters every time?

Guess which team is which in the NHL's eyes tonight. Or, ever.

Maybe I'm biased, but I say the NHL's team is Chicago. I can't imagine what happens to the refs that dare call a penalty against Toews.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
You know the Harlem Globetrotters? You know that team they play that no one remembers the name of... where the games are rigged in favor of the Globetrotters every time?

Yes, the NHL routinely colludes against small market teams like the blues.:laugh:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Am I to understand that people really think the game is somehow intentionally called in the Penguins favor? Really?

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado

not trying to be a **** quoting you twice but here is a great quote pertaining to NHL officiating,

"With the amount of complaining about officiating, from fans of every team after basically every game, you would think people would eventually realize that the only thing consistent about officiating in the NHL is inconsistency." - ThirdManIn

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Am I to understand that people really think the game is somehow intentionally called in the Penguins favor? Really?

No, but Orpik clearly interfered with Backes on the dump in directly before the Blues got called.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Intentionally? No. But Malkin, and especially Crosby get the benefit of the doubt way more than other players. And to his point, Orpik pretty blatantly interfered with Backes. That should have been an obvious call.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Maybe I'm biased, but I say the NHL's team is Chicago. I can't imagine what happens to the refs that dare call a penalty against Toews.

To me it's the Leafs or Canadiens. Those fans are crazy up north.

Aside from the point, I think this has been a playoff-type of game. It's been low scoring and very chippy.

Hope we see a positive 3rd period!

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
No, but Orpik clearly interfered with Backes on the dump in directly before the Blues got called.

It wasn't that blatant, and refs miss calls every game against every team. It's upsetting to see people resorting to the 'NHL wants the pens to win so they call the game in their favor' argument because it just seems like a built in excuse

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Intentionally? No. But Malkin, and especially Crosby get the benefit of the doubt way more than other players.

This I can agree with, but it's more player specific rather than team specific. Kind of like how when a veteran/respected pitcher is pitching well he'll get the borderline pitches called for strikes more often than not.

Wiems35*

It wasn't that blatant, and refs miss calls every game against every team. It's upsetting to see people resorting to the 'NHL wants the pens to win so they call the game in their favor' argument because it just seems like a built in excuse

Considering how religiously they called that play last year, it was pretty blatant.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I just realized we have a poster who's username is blue bleeder 24-7 and one who's is BleedBlue247 :laugh:
Hey we can't make it easy on people now can we? :D
This I can agree with, but it's more player specific rather than team specific. Kind of like how when a veteran/respected pitcher is pitching well he'll get the borderline pitches called for strikes more often than not.

It's definitely more player specific, but it's still really stupid.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
On a side note, after watching both the pens and Tampa Bay I can say Tampa Bay looks like the best team in the east, maybe all of hockey.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Hitch rewarding Reavo! I like it. He's been playing very well lately. No doubt in my mind he gets an extension if he keeps this up.

Edit: How did Osh not score there? Steen put it on a platter for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad