GDT: St. Louis Blues vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiems35*

Pat Maroon of the Ducks graduated from Oakville. I don't know where they got that information from, but it's either inaccurate or incomplete in some way. Maybe there was another qualifier they forgot, but the way they presented the information is clearly incorrect.

Is Maroon up with them now or back in the AHL?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Vitale holds the honor of being the only player they were currently discussing to have graduated from a St. Louis high school to play in the NHL.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Let's score on this power play (even if it has to wait until The 2nd Period. We'll have fresh ice and almost all the PP left. So far, Halak has played very well.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Is Maroon up with them now or back in the AHL?

I watched a Ducks game last week and he was on the team. He could be back in the AHL by now, but I'm pretty sure he's in the NHL to stay.

Wiems35*

I watched a Ducks game last week and he was on the team. He could be back in the AHL by now, but I'm pretty sure he's in the NHL to stay.

Maybe FSM just doesn't consider Oakville a real HS. :sarcasm:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
There was about 5 minutes too much discussing personal background details in that period. All we needed was Pierre Maguire Aspergerifically rattling off everyone's junior team and their stats at 17.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Zooming in on Malkin's stick there... anyone else think that might be a suspect curve?

That was my thinking prelimilarily, but I can't look at it again, no Tivo.

Okay, that last sentence was just to use the 'word' prelimilarily.

Lol, :handclap:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Playing the Pens sucks because it is the NHL's team.

We get to get crammed full of information about how lucky we are to watch them play.

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :rant:

Hey Cindy is the intermission interview. YAY!

This coming from a guy who used to like them in the 90's.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
All the ball washing of the Pens completely took away from what was an exciting first period.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I tried to bet 175 fake monies on the Blues to "jump-start" Stewart but at :58 before the game the betting was closed :(

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Berglund is really skating well tonight, playing a great game so far.

Halak looks so confident in the net lately, does anyone think he would want out after this season due to past disagreements with the Blues?

Good game so far, St. Louis is kept the pressure on for the majority of the period. Although the shots were equal, I don't think the period was.

OCTA8ON*

There was about 5 minutes too much discussing personal background details in that period. All we needed was Pierre Maguire Aspergerifically rattling off everyone's junior team and their stats at 17.

I agree. I couldn't care less about Joe Vitale and his roots to St. Louis. It doesn't matter to the Blues, so let's stop pretending that any fan actually cares.

Wiems35*

Good first period for the Blues.

On the other hand, Penguins have to be wondering why MAF can't play like this in the playoffs.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
We've played solid, but we aren't doing nearly enough with the puck. We're controlling the game more, but the fact we're not creating and have committed a couple of really bad turnovers makes the game look very even.

Hopefully a quick PP goal to start the period will change that.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I wish we got this version of Cole for 82 games. He always plays so well against the Penguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad