St. Louis Blues making a comeback?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Because Nashville has played 3 more games than Winnipeg. The Preds aren’t really in first.
That's not what I meant. The gentleman implied that Nashville isn't that great of a team. Regardless of first or second they are still a top team in the West. Do you agree or disagree with that point.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So St. Louis turned into the team we thought they had the potential of becoming preseason? Not thaaat surprising considering the roster even with the slow start. Difference has clearly been the solid goaltending for the first time in a while. I wouldn't want to play the Blues 1st round if I'm Nashville.

Getting rid of Mike Yeo was also a large factor.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Only 20+ years if you count me watching as a kid. This team has much better chemistry than any team of the past. Maybe your nostalgia for our big names of the past are getting to your head.

I wouldn’t say best ever but best since 99-00. Still can’t beat the 1996 team though.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Late to the conversation but Dallas exposed the problem from the start of the season (except goaltending). The gap between the forwards and def had grown again where the forwards are circling looking for the breakout and not contributing, as a whole, to defense. The difference is they identified the problem immediately and came right against Boston and the Preds (we’ll ignore Minnesota as that was just a bad game all round). As long as Chief keeps on them for that type of play, they’re going to make the playoffs interesting!

TBanff

Apr 11, 2012
I wouldn’t underestimate them. Especially with Jordan Bin-winning-a-ton in goal

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
You realize though that when you say this is the best team the Blues have ever iced that you are comparing them to pre-cap era Blues teams right? I like this team, we're doing well. Had you said this is the most wide open the West has been when we're looking to contend, yeah I agree.

Exactly, but I was referring to their performance relative to the rest of the league because I don't think it is fair to compare teams from different eras. I am one of those people who think the game has evolved and that everyone today is naturally better with higher competition, and I would argue the team today would beat any team we have ever iced as well. Our 3rd and 4th lines with their cohesive play and quicker legs would smoke the 3rd and 4th lines on that 00-01 team.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
You call it silly logic yet you declared this team the best in Blues history based off their past 20 games and ignoring they were one of the worst teams in the league the other 49 games. Sheer brilliance there.

I am clearly talking about the Blues in their current form. When talking about the 09 penguins very few people decide to isolate the first half of the season and call them a non playoff team. Most people regard them as the best team in the league that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad