St. Louis Blues making a comeback?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
This is how the team was always supposed to be so this shouldn't surprise too many people. This isn't some surprising fluke winning streak, the crappy start and how long it took them to get to this point was the surprising fluke.
Make no mistake, they are good, but they are ridding a hot streak. They're not going to win 90% of their games the rest of the season. Tampa is only winning 78%

Reactions: HatchtrickBateman

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Make no mistake, they are good, but they are ridding a hot streak. They're not going to win 90% of their games the rest of the season. Tampa is only winning 78%

Okay I obviously didn't mean that they were going to win out the next two months. Point was that the basement dwelling team at the beginning was the fluke. Not the playoff team we're seeing now.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers were lucky to get their 1st in their bad year last year and grab Farabee. Most expected them to be a playoff team last year and picked them to rebound this year. It has taken awhile, but they are playing well and finally getting great goaltending. Good for them.

Keep winning to make Buffalo's pick worse.

potsos

Jan 25, 2014
Freeport, Antonica
What a weird ass season. The Blues have had some inconsistent play over the years, but I cannot recall ever seeing the gap between their worst and best play as wide as this year. Their team play has been so good, it's hard to believe it'll be possible to play at that level for much longer. It seems reasonable however that the team has settled in and this is closer to the level of play we'll see for the rest of the year. Sure is fun at the moment. :)

Reactions: MB11 and Burynai

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
If you think this team is the best the Blues have ever iced, you haven't followed the team for that long.

Only 20+ years if you count me watching as a kid. This team has much better chemistry than any team of the past. Maybe your nostalgia for our big names of the past are getting to your head.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Only 20+ years if you count me watching as a kid. This team has much better chemistry than any team of the past. Maybe your nostalgia for our big names of the past are getting to your head.

Could be. Or we've had much more talented teams who ran into some of the best teams of the past 35 years. Definitely one of the two though. I mean, if you think this Blues team could take that 01 Colorado team, all the more power to you. But I don't see a lot of people agreeing.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

Could be. Or we've had much more talented teams who ran into some of the best teams of the past 35 years. Definitely one of the two though. I mean, if you think this Blues team could take that 01 Colorado team, all the more power to you. But I don't see a lot of people agreeing.

If these are the kinds of arguements fans are having then the Blues must be doing pretty darn good right now.

frivolousz21

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS ST LOUIS BLUES
May 17, 2007
St. Louis, Mo

I've been watching since 1991. But really 1995-96 was the start of my quality memory I'm 36 now.

And I have to disagree.

The 99-00, 00-01, 01-02 teams all had great chemistry.

The 02-03 was super legit but was ravished by sickness during the playoffs.

Even the 97-99 teams had good chemistry

The 11-12 team did as well.

Reactions: sfvega

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I didn't think we had a shot at making the playoffs when we were at the lowest point, and not it's not unreasonably for us to win the division. Just a really bizarre season.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
They look very strong. Have to wonder if they run out of steam by playoff time with the tear they have been on and 20 games still to go. Binnington looks like a very good goalie but that defensive system is even making noted trash heap Jake Allen look like a superstar. Either way it's very hard to get going on offense vs the Blues right now. Credit to their coach for a massive turnaround.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
They look very strong. Have to wonder if they run out of steam by playoff time with the tear they have been on and 20 games still to go. Binnington looks like a very good goalie but that defensive system is even making noted trash heap Jake Allen look like a superstar. Either way it's very hard to get going on offense vs the Blues right now. Credit to their coach for a massive turnaround.

The only thing that gives me hope that we will not run out of steam is that we are not really healthy at all, We are with out Perron and Schenn (Both top six), ADD that we all hope that Schwartz will stop sucking the life out of every shift he plays.... If 2 of those 3 players come back right before the playoffs I think we will be fine, Binny can even play decently close to he is playing we are going to be a real headache for teams in the playoffs.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I also worry about peaking too soon. Most of the teams will be finding another gear once playoffs start.

As far-fetched as it once would have sounded, I'm pulling for the Blues to win the Central. Preds and Jets can duke it out in the 1st round.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I also worry about peaking too soon. Most of the teams will be finding another gear once playoffs start.

As far-fetched as it once would have sounded, I'm pulling for the Blues to win the Central. Preds and Jets can duke it out in the 1st round.

I'd almost rather play the Jets round 1 if the Blues can sustain this level of play through the rest of the season into the playoffs. At least against the Jets you know you are going to get some opportunities offensively. Blues locking it down right now.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
The Blues style of play is just suffocating opponents right now. They have a relentless fore-check and they're basically camping out in their opponents zone with the way they're cycling and getting shots through from the point. Defensively they're taking away the middle, blocking shots, and boxing out very well. Their 5v5 and shots suppression stats have been ridiculous. Binnington has definitely been a big factor but Berube deserves a TON of credit turning this team around and getting them to buy into this system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad