St Louis Blues 2020 Post-Season Thread

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Well if the Blue lose on Sunday they get Vancouver, if they win, they get Calgary. I think I’d rather go up against Calgary than Vancouver in all honesty.
If there wasn’t just a 4+ month pause then both of these teams would be very beatable. It certainly feels like a crapshoot right now. The longer this thing goes on, the more it benefits the Blues.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
I remembered today that they interviewed Perron after Period 1...like 8 minutes after it ended...and he sounded like he was gonna pass out. They even joked about it. He could barely speak. 20 minutes.

Those interviews aren't always aired live. They're filmed as the players are coming off the ice, before they head into the room. There are commercial breaks, talking head segments, etc. for the broadcast/production crew to work around.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
If there wasn’t just a 4+ month pause then both of these teams would be very beatable. It certainly feels like a crapshoot right now. The longer this thing goes on, the more it benefits the Blues.
I agree, it’s a total crapshoot right now, and with how the Blues have looked for the most part I don’t think anything’s a given. But Vancouver with Hughes, EP, Boeser, and Markstrom concerns me far more than MT and Gaudreau who I think are both excellent, but ROR would eat Monahan alive. Calgary’s goaltending isn’t anything that concerns me. Overall I just CAL is a better matchup.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
if a fat man in his mid-30s is the missing piece to the Blues' chance to repeat, then they should have put tryout flyers on this forum.

Oh yea - how many fat men in their mid-30s who scored a Game 7, double-overtime NHL playoff series winning goal do you know???

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Oh yea - how many fat men in their mid-30s who scored a Game 7, double-overtime NHL playoff series winning goal do you know???
Literally anyone who has ever stood on a pair of skates would have scored there. He did nothing, Thomas put the puck on the goal line.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Literally anyone who has ever stood on a pair of skates would have scored there. He did nothing, Thomas put the puck on the goal line.
tumblr_o682ulqhoj1swz1xuo2_r1_500.gifv

Brouwer might have whiffed at it a time or two before getting it in :laugh:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I agree, it’s a total crapshoot right now, and with how the Blues have looked for the most part I don’t think anything’s a given. But Vancouver with Hughes, EP, Boeser, and Markstrom concerns me far more than MT and Gaudreau who I think are both excellent, but ROR would eat Monahan alive. Calgary’s goaltending isn’t anything that concerns me. Overall I just CAL is a better matchup.
I think Gaudreau is the most over-rated player in hockey. He'll cough up the puck if you breathe on him.

Reactions: Vollie27

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'll just link these tweets below:

Hopefully this means the beast has been woken, and hopefully we can add 4 more wins against Calgary to that total! I'd like to see us come out tomorrow and leave no doubt we are the better team, score quick, score a lot, and hit em hard all game long!

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Didn’t they have a players only meeting during the long February-swoon, and they almost immediately rebounded and strung off a decent winning streak? Or am I making that up?

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
I’d rather the Blues play Calgary instead of Vancouver
Agree but I rather face Vegas than Colorado in rd2. At the same time a series vs Colorado would be more entertaining.

Calgary & Colorado
or
Vancouver & Vegas

Last edited:
Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Didn’t they have a players only meeting during the long February-swoon, and they almost immediately rebounded and strung off a decent winning streak? Or am I making that up?
They had multiple meetings and eventually it turned around.

They can turn this around. The question is will they. Today will give us our indication.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Agree but I rather face Vegas than Colorado in rd2. At the same time a series vs Colorado would be more entertaining.

Gotta disagree. Vegas has the the edge over us in physical play, and is equal with the offensive talent. Colorado worries me less in a 7 game series despite their speed and top end talent because we hold the edge in physicality, defense and in my opinion goaltending.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Gotta disagree. Vegas has the the edge over us in physical play, and is equal with the offensive talent. Colorado worries me less in a 7 game series despite their speed and top end talent because we hold the edge in physicality, defense and in my opinion goaltending.
Nah. Vegas lack the high end skill the Avs have and are slower overall, albeit fast. We thrive in physical play so physicality isn't something we should be afraid of. Colorados speed on the other hand is what really hurts this team in the long run. We can beat both teams if we play like last year though. Colorado is imo harder to beat over 7 games but the series would be more entertaining so I'd rather face them anyway in these conditions. Under normal conditions I'd pick the easier team every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
So maybe we should take baby steps and start predicting how many games the Blues win, not how many series?

Reactions: simon IC

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I wanted the Blues to win, to get to their game, and for Tarasenko to get a goal. But I prefer this path, with a potential 2md round match with Vegas.

I expect Dallas to go down easily, maybe even swept.

At this point I’m not sure St Louis should be considered favorites in their series. If they can’t beat Vancouver, they weren’t going to beat a lot of teams and were not really a threat for the Cup.

So, the loss is a bummer, but the near absence of scoring chances, shots and the volume of opposing shots all point to the Blues being far from their familiar level. I think the Vancouver series is likely to be a coin flip. That’s more concerning than the outcome of the game itself. I hope Blais is OK.

One positive development from the game was seeing Parayko unleashing bombs. I think during the season he doesn’t do that as much to try and avoid injuring his own team. But last post season he was shooting like he never had, and we’ll need more of the same. Ask Bishop if that makes a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad