St Louis Blues 2020 Post-Season Thread

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
What would y’all think of Pool Party on Thomas‘ wing? We’ve been rumored to be interested in him.
I'm not a big fan of Puljujärvi either, but we're right to be interested in him. He isn't Yakupov. Puljujärvi has the tools and reads the game well enough to believe that he has a chance of putting it together and being a very good power forward.

The thing is that he has never been an out-and-out goalscorer, he's a playmaker. Thomas isn't the ideal centre if he's not going to shoot enough either.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If we're looking at pool party he'd be best on a line with Blais and Barbie or Perron and ROR.

Going forward Thomas should be between Schwartz and Schenn.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I may have missed it in this conversation- is it a rumor that we’re interested in Puljujarvi, or just speculation?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I may have missed it in this conversation- is it a rumor that we’re interested in Puljujarvi, or just speculation?
A couple of insiders said that we had spoken to the Oilers about acquiring him, this was around training camp last year. I guess that we were probably trying to swap Fabbri for him. I think we were also mentioned as one of the teams talking to the Oilers about him around the time of the deadline for him to return and play in the NHL this season.

The interest has been there, it's just whether we have a vision of where he fits in the team and want him for that... or are just trying to buy low on someone with a decent ceiling and hope it works out.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
A couple of insiders said that we had spoken to the Oilers about acquiring him, this was around training camp last year. I guess that we were probably trying to swap Fabbri for him. I think we were also mentioned as one of the teams talking to the Oilers about him around the time of the deadline for him to return and play in the NHL this season.

The interest has been there, it's just whether we have a vision of where he fits in the team and want him for that... or are just trying to buy low on someone with a decent ceiling and hope it works out.

If I remember correctly the talk was Kostin for Puljujarvi, but Edmonton shot that down.

Reactions: Alklha

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I think it’s a good idea to look at change of scenery types of moves. I am not sure pool party is the guy.

The latest article on the Athletic is a remembrance piece on Demitra. It talks about the trade that sent him from the Blues. The Senators couldn’t find room on their squad because they had too many offensive minded people. So the Blues sent defensemen Christer Olsson their way. Well we all know how lopsided that trade ended up being. Anyway, that wasn’t really my point. I am not saying we have to go find our next Demitra, although I certainly wouldn’t complain. Instead I am saying the Blues should try to find a valuable piece by finding a player that didn’t fit elsewhere. I think we have players like that in our system that we could use as chips.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

This moment is much more better than another cup honestly. I would rather the Blues players be home safe with their families than being away for two months.

Indeed. There are some things more important than hockey. :sarcasm: I hope we find a way to keep Bozak next season.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Goaltending is so unpredictable. Tim Thomas didn't become an NHL number 1 goalie until he was 32 years old.

Unfortunately Allen has shown us his mental game is not consistent. If he could find a way to stay consistent, he could've been a great goalie. That's the issue, and the that's the book that has been written.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad