St. John's Ice Caps 2013 - 14 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
no way Besco is playing all 6 games in 10 days,and I damn sure rather Comrie the Jussi.I honestly dont think the Jets give a ****** about where we end up,and I do not think they sent this kid down and not see what he can do I pro,in my opinion he wont play against Springfield ,but I can see him getting 1 start vs the weaker teams,in all honesty were prob droping to 5th regardless,half are team you guys have,and really its a battle with WilkesBarie Binghamton Albany either of those might get 5th or 4th,Bingo and Wilkes Barie still got 3rd up for grabs also

I think Zinger, for one, cares allot trouty he was really pi55ed when they sucked last year. A few of our posters think they care more about winning than development but I think they have their eye on both.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Comrie to st johns is a win win situation, its not about development vs winning. Dusty imoo gets his hands on Comrie for quite a while. He's done well with all of the goalies he's coached so far. Comrie also gets a taste of the pros, and st johns gets a look at their starting goalie of the future who may turn out elite. He might also get a game or two and hopefully he does well. Trouty you may be surprised.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Winnipeg does care somewhat about how St.John's does,but first and foremost they want to develop players,they sent Morressy and Comrie here to play,no offence they were not sent 8000km to be for practice

Also to point out that I was dead on about Comrie playing heres a article today

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/2...87/Pair-of-Jets-prospects-land-in-St.-Johns/1

Jussi Olkinuora has already been sent back to the ECHL,so right now we got 2 netminders,Besco and Comrie,id suspect Comrie gets 2 starts this homestand,1 vs Hamilton and 1 vs Hartford,2 weaker clubs in the AHL

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Comrie to st johns is a win win situation, its not about development vs winning. Dusty imoo gets his hands on Comrie for quite a while. He's done well with all of the goalies he's coached so far. Comrie also gets a taste of the pros, and st johns gets a look at their starting goalie of the future who may turn out elite. He might also get a game or two and hopefully he does well. Trouty you may be surprised.

I am actually wanting to see what this kid has,I don't think ill be surprised,as I believe the kid is good,like I say id rather him here as backup then Jussi Olkinuora,who could use more time in the ECHL

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Winnipeg does care somewhat about how St.John's does,but first and foremost they want to develop players,they sent Morressy and Comrie here to play,no offence they were not sent 8000km to be for practice

Also to point out that I was dead on about Comrie playing heres a article today

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/2...87/Pair-of-Jets-prospects-land-in-St.-Johns/1

Jussi Olkinuora has already been sent back to the ECHL,so right now we got 2 netminders,Besco and Comrie,id suspect Comrie gets 2 starts this homestand,1 vs Hamilton and 1 vs Hartford,2 weaker clubs in the AHL

How does the following description of Comrie compare to how we might describe Pavelec? :laugh:

“First impression is that he’s a strong technical goalie and that he’s really dialled into the game. He really switches gear and looks driven,†said McCambridge.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Is Comrie over Olkinoura really compromising the ability of the AHL team for development?

It's pretty likely that Comrie, even as an almost 19 year-old, is the better goalie.

Anyways, TNSE is pretty dialed into how to balance development and winning. In 14 years running a AHL team they've missed the playoffs only twice while winning 11 playoff series, and the first half decade they had a lot of duds drafted by the Canucks, plus a dud of a coach in Stan Smyl. During and after the lockout they developed loads of key players and guys who came out of nowhere (Burrows and Rypien procured by the Moose) to help the Canucks run their division and conference for a few years.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Anyways, TNSE is pretty dialed into how to balance development and winning. In 14 years running a AHL team they've missed the playoffs only twice while winning 11 playoff series, and the first half decade they had a lot of duds drafted by the Canucks, plus a dud of a coach in Stan Smyl. During and after the lockout they developed loads of key players and guys who came out of nowhere (Burrows and Rypien procured by the Moose) to help the Canucks run their division and conference for a few years.

And then the Jets came back and the wheels instantly fell off the Canucks powerhouse.

Coincidence?

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Is Comrie over Olkinoura really compromising the ability of the AHL team for development?

It's pretty likely that Comrie, even as an almost 19 year-old, is the better goalie.

If by compromising you mean are lack of ability to develop here in St.John's,i don't think that.

Beginning of year I and many thought that Hutch and Pazqualle should of been the tandom,but for some reason the Jets wanted Olkinoura,for reasons no Icecap fan understood then,or understands now.In most Icecaps fans opinions if Hutch had started here,we prob be leading are division and very well might be in a battle for first overall,cause we were a .500 team till Hutch got called up.I don't think the system lacks the ability to develop,i feel a bad decision was maded on Olkinoura,and most here would say Comrie is a better netminder and rather him start down the streach over Olkinoura

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If by compromising you mean are lack of ability to develop here in St.John's,i don't think that.

Beginning of year I and many thought that Hutch and Pazqualle should of been the tandom,but for some reason the Jets wanted Olkinoura,for reasons no Icecap fan understood then,or understands now.In most Icecaps fans opinions if Hutch had started here,we prob be leading are division and very well might be in a battle for first overall,cause we were a .500 team till Hutch got called up.I don't think the system lacks the ability to develop,i feel a bad decision was maded on Olkinoura,and most here would say Comrie is a better netminder and rather him start down the streach over Olkinoura

One explanation is they "might" have thought Hutch and Eddie were #1 and #2 and wanted to give them both allot of starts for the first half of the season.........or.......maybe they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to assessing goalie talent at the professional level? :naughty:

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
One explanation is they "might" have thought Hutch and Eddie were #1 and #2 and wanted to give them both allot of starts for the first half of the season.........or.......maybe they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to assessing goalie talent at the professional level? :naughty:

Ya I guess that makes sence,thou Hutch was use to backup roll

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

I mean compromising the Ice Caps ability to win games now in favour of developing Comrie.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Hmmmm ...sounds familiar. Did Olkinoura get 85% of the starts ...

Meanwhile up in the peg, we're scared to start Hutch over Pavs because we're still technically not eliminated ... what a load of crap.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I think if Morrissey or Comrie are playing, there's no Jets game and I'm not doing anything - I'll stream the game. No promises though.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think if Morrissey or Comrie are playing, there's no Jets game and I'm not doing anything - I'll stream the game. No promises though.

That would be great Hammer.

Any word on how the boys have looked this week in practice or if Morrissey is penciled into the lineup tonight?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I'm just going to assume Morrissey is good enough to be playing. Who are Fredheim, Lampl and Hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad