St. John's Ice Caps 2013 - 14 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Im not abig fan of Eddie,but he just had a week off so he is kinda rested.Go back to the hot hand,then depending fire Hutchingson in Monday.Not saying were ever gonna catch Manchester but if we got any chance we need to sweep them,right now were clinging to 8th,ride Eddie tonight.

Also the game last night was not great,its a typical Manchester Icecaps game dull and non eventful,Manchester is by far the least entertaining team we play at Mile One,these 3 games will be hard to swallow as it gets kinda tedious playing same team 3 times

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Toffoli really has no business being in the AHL anymore, he's way to good. I hope Winnipeg eventually has similar problems.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Typical Icecaps game after a win the night before,same effort,without Eddie it be 12-0 ,only excitement was the near brawl at end when Eddie tried to fight the Manchester netminder,other then that their was more life at cauls funeral home,sad since their division rivals,but yet have no animosity at all

Ill let the Icecap Chearleaders come in and tell you,as im too negative

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Toffoli really has no business being in the AHL anymore, he's way to good. I hope Winnipeg eventually has similar problems.

Hes good yes but when the Icecaps stop skating and allow u to score with no one on you in the slot its easy.Also Manchester was putting him out on the pp in a 5-0 game late,manly because St.John's don't ever start anything,i can garentee vs Worcester Manchester never puts him out in that situation

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Typical Icecaps game after a win the night before,same effort,without Eddie it be 12-0 ,only excitement was the near brawl at end when Eddie tried to fight the Manchester netminder,other then that their was more life at cauls funeral home,sad since their division rivals,but yet have no animosity at all

Ill let the Icecap Chearleaders come in and tell you,as im too negative

Nope this is about as honest and truthful as it is. Every single player was awful tonight minus eddie. That was a good ahl team bending us over. We couldn't make a pass to save our lives

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
this win 1 lose badly bs at home has to fall on someones head,i mean sure you can blame the players,but 3 different seasons 3 different teams,and same lackluster play.I mean u know Manchester will come out hard and yet we come out lazy.Tonight we needed a big hit or fight to start the game TO SET A tone.I know the Icecaps have a kurvew first game and etc,id say lift it and let em go on George hell they cant play any worse then tonight I guess

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
this win 1 lose badly bs at home has to fall on someones head,i mean sure you can blame the players,but 3 different seasons 3 different teams,and same lackluster play.I mean u know Manchester will come out hard and yet we come out lazy.Tonight we needed a big hit or fight to start the game TO SET A tone.I know the Icecaps have a kurvew first game and etc,id say lift it and let em go on George hell they cant play any worse then tonight I guess

I don't agree with ya about letting the bys go on a george rip, too many young guys for that who would go too hard down at the old cotton club. However, what happend at the end of the game should have been something that happened when were down 2/3 nothing instead of 6-0. Monday night look for Cormier to get some "justice" on Berube. Guy is too bat **** crazy to get away with a blocker to the face. Who knows, Eddie might take it into his own hands

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I know it's done to reduce travel costs but these 2 and 3 game series are not the best thing for the home record. Really hard to sweep those.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So currently which members of the Ice Caps are the Jets allowed to call up?

Whoever has a Jets contract. The rest of the IceCaps are NHL UFA, so the Jets could call them IF they sign them to contracts.

Right now in St. John's with an NHL contract are:

RW Andrew Gordon
C John Albert
RW Jerome Samson
C Patrice Cormier
RW JC Lipon
C/LW Adam Lowry
LW Carl Klingberg
RW Austen Brassard
D Brenden Kichton
D Ben Chiarot
D Cody Sol
D Julian Melchiori
G Eddie Pasquale
G Michael Hutchinson

And in the ECHL with the Ontario Reign
G Juho Olkinuora

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
My point was if they had been out Friday night,they could not of played any worse regardless,now which team shows up Monday Fridays team,saturdays team or the go to a shootout team

I don't say either Berebe or Eddie will start,not sure about JF but the fact the kept Eddie in at 6-0 showed me hes prob not starting Monday or they would of took him out

Agree they should of tried to stir it up at 2 and 3-0,fact was sadly Manchester started it all in the last 2 min and not the caps

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Whichever ones have a contract with the parent club.

Whoever has a Jets contract. The rest of the IceCaps are NHL UFA, so the Jets could call them IF they sign them to contracts.

Right now in St. John's with an NHL contract are:

RW Andrew Gordon
C John Albert
RW Jerome Samson
C Patrice Cormier
RW JC Lipon
C/LW Adam Lowry
LW Carl Klingberg
RW Austen Brassard
D Brenden Kichton
D Ben Chiarot
D Cody Sol
D Julian Melchiori
G Eddie Pasquale
G Michael Hutchinson

And in the ECHL with the Ontario Reign
G Juho Olkinuora

Thanks.

TheRock

Oct 13, 2012
Being a very loyal and true Icecap fan…Cheerleader as trouty would say…..

I think a major part of our problem here is standing behind the bench…..Watched him intentely last night as we sit very close…. he has little to no emotion….. he rarely speaks to the players on the bench and to date I have NEVER seen him get upset with a poor call from a ref?! If the coach is not working or into the game how can you expect the players…. even Jaffray said today they sucked! wow….

One thinks TNS should pull a Noel in St. Johns!:nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Being a very loyal and true Icecap fan…Cheerleader as trouty would say…..

I think a major part of our problem here is standing behind the bench…..Watched him intentely last night as we sit very close…. he has little to no emotion….. he rarely speaks to the players on the bench and to date I have NEVER seen him get upset with a poor call from a ref?! If the coach is not working or into the game how can you expect the players…. even Jaffray said today they sucked! wow….

One thinks TNS should pull a Noel in St. Johns!:nod:

Wow that sounds like a guy that just lost his job in Winnipeg

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Wow that sounds like a guy that just lost his job in Winnipeg

Exactly, McCambrige isn't the most vocal coach in the world but he's some what effective, needs to find a formula how to string wins together though.

Also, what exactly is Jason Kings role with the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad