St. John's Ice Caps 2013 - 14 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It sure will be nice to see him in the lineup but we may need to temper our expectations a bit, remember when Scheif struggled in his first stint and everyone called him a bust. There will be a bit of an adjustment but I think he'll be fine.

I hear you this jump can be brutal....same as Morgan Rielly last spring to the Marlies, that didn't go well for him yet he is in the NHL this season playing better as time goes by.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
I think Morrissey is gonna play regardless,their gonna give the kid a look,cause in all honesty were 7 pts from clinching,and its best he plays before the playoffs

What is going on with Comrie I expected him to come here on a pto guess hes not

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I think Morrissey is gonna play regardless,their gonna give the kid a look,cause in all honesty were 7 pts from clinching,and its best he plays before the playoffs

What is going on with Comrie I expected him to come here on a pto guess hes not

well he'll be playing next year in the WHL so it perfectly reasonable that the Jets prefer to have him shut it down after a long season coming off of hip surgery

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Could just be a warm body so to speak. Nothing really special. Plays like Jamie MacQueen who we just let go

Could be.

He is two years younger than MacQueen though and was a much better college scorer.

Finished 35th in NCAA per game scoring this year.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was trying out for a deal.

Last edited:

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Could be.

He is two years younger than MacQueen though and was a much better college scorer.

Finished 35th in NCAA per game scoring this year.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was trying out for a deal.

I'm all for giving him a go, worked out quite well for the Rat.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Scott Brown ‏@BrownScottTN 18m

#NHLJets re-assign goaltender Eric Comrie and defenceman Josh Morrissey to IceCaps from their respective junior clubs.

It's official

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
That's sweet, it will be neat to see how the 19 year old does against the pros. With Comrie headed there it looks like Helly won't be rushing to sign quite yet.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That's sweet, it will be neat to see how the 19 year old does against the pros. With Comrie headed there it looks like Helly won't be rushing to sign quite yet.

Doesn't effect Hellebuyck in any way. Any contract he signs will be for next year with just an ATO for the rest of this season anyways. Comrie is NHL/WHL next year, Hellebuyck was never going to be signing for this season in reality. Very doubtful Comrie or Hellebuyck will play an AHL game this season.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Doesn't effect Hellebuyck in any way. Any contract he signs will be for next year with just an ATO for the rest of this season anyways. Comrie is NHL/WHL next year, Hellebuyck was never going to be signing for this season in reality. Very doubtful Comrie or Hellebuyck will play an AHL game this season.

I understand that, I just thought he may sign sooner than later if he was going to finish the year on the Rock. Now he's in no rush to sign and can take his time making his decision. Comrie may get himself into a game, especially if Hutch stays up with the big club. I hope we see him in one at the very least.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Comrie plays well he will be here next year. Hmm potential new name plate could be purchased haha. I hope to see him do well. Only young so if he jumps in there and takes a L. I won't be upset. 19 years of age playing goalie at this level cannot be an easy task

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Comrie plays well he will be here next year. Hmm potential new name plate could be purchased haha. I hope to see him do well. Only young so if he jumps in there and takes a L. I won't be upset. 19 years of age playing goalie at this level cannot be an easy task
As Holden mentioned, his options are NHL/WHL only for next year, he will be sent back to Jr and backstop the team Canada come Xmas time.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Great, it will be a good experience having Comrie and Morrissey absorbing time in the AHL.

Olsen

Jul 9, 2013
I'm glad that they get the chance to play in the AHL - if they get ice time, off course.

Trouba - Morrissey could be one dangerous blueline for the Jets. Even more so, if Morrissey exceeds our expectations just like Trouba.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011

Explain why you think Comrie wont start in any of the last 8 games,cause I would think the Jets would like him to start.I mean honestly with the Icecaps 7 pts from clinching,I fully expect Comrie to start a home game or 2 vs either Hamilton or Hartford cause at that point we should be clinched,and those being weak clubs,I as a Icecap fan don't see the harm

I don't believe the Jets sent him down to practice,im sure they will want him playing,now come playoff time,im assuming no

As for Morrissey same thing,even with all are d,Morrissey is gonna play,cause his the Jets top prospect,and Jets brass want him in,and come playoff time if he can take someones spot im all for it

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I don't know if Comrie will play if the team is fighting for playoff positioning. From the looks of it (and you would obviously know better than I), they're fighting with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton for home ice in round one and are basically in that 4-5 hole, so as long as home ice is up for grabs I'd assume Beskorowany will play pretty much the rest of the way, with Hutchinson going in once the Jets season is done/Montoya comes back.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
no way Besco is playing all 6 games in 10 days,and I damn sure rather Comrie the Jussi.I honestly dont think the Jets give a ****** about where we end up,and I do not think they sent this kid down and not see what he can do I pro,in my opinion he wont play against Springfield ,but I can see him getting 1 start vs the weaker teams,in all honesty were prob droping to 5th regardless,half are team you guys have,and really its a battle with WilkesBarie Binghamton Albany either of those might get 5th or 4th,Bingo and Wilkes Barie still got 3rd up for grabs also

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I don't know if Comrie will play if the team is fighting for playoff positioning. From the looks of it (and you would obviously know better than I), they're fighting with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton for home ice in round one and are basically in that 4-5 hole, so as long as home ice is up for grabs I'd assume Beskorowany will play pretty much the rest of the way, with Hutchinson going in once the Jets season is done/Montoya comes back.

My money is on the second game in the two games series against Hamilton. Bottom tier team and by then the Habs will have their playoff injury reserves up with the habs. Throw him in against Devan Dubnyk. God knows he can't be worse

Also Trouty, gotta ask ya. Why don't you like Jussi? I actually felt more confident with Jussi in then Eddie some games

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
My money is on the second game in the two games series against Hamilton. Bottom tier team and by then the Habs will have their playoff injury reserves up with the habs. Throw him in against Devan Dubnyk. God knows he can't be worse

Also Trouty, gotta ask ya. Why don't you like Jussi? I actually felt more confident with Jussi in then Eddie some games

Frankly all are netminders make me nervious at first,till I feel confident in them.Pazqualle the last 2 seasons ive lost confidence as u know hes gonna let 2 softies in.

Hutch I got full convidence in,Besco at first scared me but man hes been solid especially in the so,infact last 3 loses were due to no production

Jussi I just have not seen him play very good,he lets in soft goals and hes horrible on rebounds,most the games he won were 7-5 or highscoring games,i just don't like the way he makes saves he looks like hes always fighting the puck

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Frankly all are netminders make me nervious at first,till I feel confident in them.Pazqualle the last 2 seasons ive lost confidence as u know hes gonna let 2 softies in.

Hutch I got full convidence in,Besco at first scared me but man hes been solid especially in the so,infact last 3 loses were due to no production

Jussi I just have not seen him play very good,he lets in soft goals and hes horrible on rebounds,most the games he won were 7-5 or highscoring games,i just don't like the way he makes saves he looks like hes always fighting the puck

The bolded is how I feel about Eddie. And I'm starting to believe that Eddie's stats are padded by our team. I've been on here stating that Eddie makes routines saves difficult. Much like Pavelic for Jets fans lurking. The emergence of Besco and Hutch is making me believe that our system makes goalies look good. Hutch, no denying he's a GREAT goalie. Natural ability through the roof

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
no way Besco is playing all 6 games in 10 days,and I damn sure rather Comrie the Jussi.I honestly dont think the Jets give a ****** about where we end up,and I do not think they sent this kid down and not see what he can do I pro,in my opinion he wont play against Springfield ,but I can see him getting 1 start vs the weaker teams,in all honesty were prob droping to 5th regardless,half are team you guys have,and really its a battle with WilkesBarie Binghamton Albany either of those might get 5th or 4th,Bingo and Wilkes Barie still got 3rd up for grabs also

I understand that you don't think the Jets don't give a ****, but my opinion is that they care very much about their developing players. My opinion is that they want their prospects to experience success. I imagine that your perspective is different, given that you are a big fan of pro hockey on the rock, and that you feel like you're going to be abandoned as a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad