St. John's Ice Caps 2013 - 14 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
What is the status on Comrie and Hellbuyck (SP?). Do any turn pro next year?

Just athought but if the jets cannot send Pavelic on his merry way and end up with Monty and Pavs again. That leaves us with Hutch (who I'm imagining will resign) and Eddie. However with the influx of goalies. If there is interest in Eddie I say we ship Eddie off and let T.B run with the back up job next year.

Can anyone say T.B hasn't gave our team as much of a chance to win as Eddie did? I'm starting to think the Caps are the Kings of the AHL. Any goalie can come in here and shut a team down.

Comrie has one more season of WHL.

Hellebuyck is under his own control depending on when he decides to leave the NCAA. My best bet would be either this summer or next. A lot probably depends how his team does at the NCAA POs.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Comrie has one more season of WHL.

Hellebuyck is under his own control depending on when he decides to leave the NCAA. My best bet would be either this summer or next. A lot probably depends how his team does at the NCAA POs.

You think a team like Buffalo would take a flyer on Eddie at the draft? Pending physical.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I still think they re-sign both Hutch and Pasquale.

Comrie still has another season.
Hellebuyck for all we know may take full NCAA ride (even if I doubt it) which gives him until the season after.
Olkinuora hasn't proven above ECHL calibre yet.
Hutchinson and Pasquale are both RFA controllable assets.

I think they give one more year of those two in the AHL, winner gets backup in NHL next season.

(note: not what I'd do... just what I think TN will do)

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Lowry smokes the crossbar with a backhand. That line is so impressive every time they are out. Such a good possession line.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
1-1 tied, late penalty on Latta. Time to finish it.
They deserve it, hit the crossbar twice in the last couple minutes already

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Oh come on, that's two crucial pp's they've wasted.

Yeah, don't really understand the 4 they chose for that. Like Kichton and Redmond on the point a lot more than Gordon and O'Neill. And they stayed on for 1:45 of it. Rough loss in the shootout.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So Hutch gets sent down, then an hour later gets called up along with Zach and Chiarot? Guessing Morrissey will be in St. John's next weekend.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Glad the Ice Caps have built up a bit of a cushion because they may need it with the way the Jets are getting banged up.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So Hutch gets sent down, then an hour later gets called up along with Zach and Chiarot? Guessing Morrissey will be in St. John's next weekend.

That's a very good point - this almost guarantees that Morrissey sees ice time with you guys. I'm sure he'll do fine - looked solid in the pre-season.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Glad the Ice Caps have built up a bit of a cushion because they may need it with the way the Jets are getting banged up.

that cushion to keep home ice anit large,Wilkes Barrie is flying and are now 3 pts back

Im not gonna cry about the call ups,St.John's is off till Friday and some might be back by then

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Very excited to see Morrissey on the Rock. I think he will do great. If he can make a good run while he is there, it should help his chance at making the big club next year.

Any word on Comrie yet? Will he be sent to the Caps?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
that cushion to keep home ice anit large,Wilkes Barrie is flying and are now 3 pts back

Im not gonna cry about the call ups,St.John's is off till Friday and some might be back by then

The one possible positive outcome that may come out of this is that due to the Ice Caps being in Winnipeg it may force Morrissey into the lineup and what happens if he does well? He could struggle but he may take to it and be a positive option for your team down the stretch and into the playoffs. Maybe it is a chance he wouldn't otherwise get.

Can't believe the Ice caps are on their 3rd string goalie and he is also lighting it up right now.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The one possible positive outcome that may come out of this is that due to the Ice Caps being in Winnipeg it may force Morrissey into the lineup and what happens if he does well? He could struggle but he may take to it and be a positive option for your team down the stretch and into the playoffs. Maybe it is a chance he wouldn't otherwise get.

Can't believe the Ice caps are on their 3rd string goalie and he is also lighting it up right now.

It sure will be nice to see him in the lineup but we may need to temper our expectations a bit, remember when Scheif struggled in his first stint and everyone called him a bust. There will be a bit of an adjustment but I think he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad