SSM Greyhounds Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I'd assume we hear about training camp today, latest tomorrow?

Also random question. I can't remember, but do season ticket holders have a discount at the Hound Pound?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Do we know for sure when training camp starts? It usually starts the Monday before labour day, doesn't it? I don't remember getting much advanced notice in past years. I think maybe the day before Raftis would put out something on twitter.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
they kept hayton as a 19 year old which wasn't shocking but it can be debated as to whether is served his best interests. fully acknowledging my bias, it's my opinion that unless a player is incredibly gifted they should play junior hockey as a 19 year old.

Reactions: Bearness and HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
How good is the relationship between the Soo and Arizona?

I think that’s the biggest factor for Lutz, if Arizona want him to play OHL - he will.

literally was coming on here to say one thing I never considered is that although Lutz is listed on Red Bulls roster, he won't be there as he will be in Pheonix. I have no idea how that relationship is. Guess it really comes down to if they liked what we did with Hayton?

Do we know for sure when training camp starts? It usually starts the Monday before labour day, doesn't it? I don't remember getting much advanced notice in past years. I think maybe the day before Raftis would put out something on twitter.

I read somewhere the 31st. I'm seeing teams announce their training camp stuff right now on Twitter.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Arizona has changed GMs since the #freeBarrett hashtag was trending in early 2020. No idea if they are pleased or not with how the previous management handled that situation.
it's my opinion that unless a player is incredibly gifted they should play junior hockey as a 19 year old.
There, I fixed that for you. I don't think anyone believed that Hayton sitting in the press box for the season was the best thing for his development.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
ya it was a weird snub to the Soo I thought to hold on to him, but then not play him.

more accomplished OHL players have returned to junior hockey to dominate in their 19 year old year, and he could have commanded a kings ransom in a deadline deal if he wanted the opportunity to chase a cup. either way our program would have been better off, and it can definitely be argued that his development would have benefited from it.

I don't think anyone believed that Hayton sitting in the press box for the season was the best thing for his development.
apparently Chayka did lol.

but as the end of his tenure showed, he was kind of a wanker.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
more accomplished OHL players have returned to junior hockey to dominate in their 19 year old year, and he could have commanded a kings ransom in a deadline deal if he wanted the opportunity to chase a cup.
I'm not sure you could have handled it if once returned, Raftis had held onto him at the deadline.

Reactions: shot caller

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Also, to DWI Dale's point, if McGroarty et al wanted to come but didn't want to play here, we could deal his rights. At least we would put something away for a rainy day. Having these guys wanting to report is always better than them not coming.

hes going to michigan, he was always going to michigan, if he was coming he would have committed by now.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Arizona has changed GMs since the #freeBarrett hashtag was trending in early 2020. No idea if they are pleased or not with how the previous management handled that situation.

There, I fixed that for you. I don't think anyone believed that Hayton sitting in the press box for the season was the best thing for his development.

That was the most painful situation ever as a Hound fan haha

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
2022 12th round pick Elijah Lilja has signed on to the Cleveland Barons 16U program
2022 15th round pick Evan Roach has signed on to the Soo Jr Greyhounds U18 program

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
*** This was from last year. Just posting this to show the timing of when the communication came out last year. It was released on the Thursday and camp started on the Monday. See if we see something today. ***

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Re: Tanner Dickinson

He has signed an ELC so unless there is no room on St.Louis AHL or ECHL team, he won't be back. It's not often that kids singed to ELC's come back for their overage CHL year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad